No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jovial.com and einkorn.com both have good recipes. I also found some on Pinterest. Avoid the one that says light and fluffy Einkorn rolls. She adds gluten to it. Doesn't that defeat the purpose??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks! Haha adds gluten? Funny.

I did start following one of those on Pinterest but I can't remember which one.

I just printed a recipe for their rustic country loaf. Can't wait to get the flour now, though my sour leavening is still fermenting, probably another week or so.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am also wanting to make that loaf. I have the flour (special ordered it through my natural foods store) but have not tried it as a stand alone flour yet. Everything I have read says to decrease the liquid rather than adding more flour.

Wish me luck!

Comment

• Let me know how it turns out. I'm now dreaming of a beautiful sourdough bread....................
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, shoot. I steered you wrong. That would be Jovial - Organic Einkorn, Gluten, and Allergen Free Foods.r

Comment

• Lodge makes a nice enamel coated dutch oven that is MUCH cheaper than a La Crucible thing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Lodge makes a nice enamel coated dutch oven that is MUCH cheaper than a La Crucible thing.....
                I got mine from a commercial catering company, which was about a 1/4 of the price, virtually the same, but with with no French lingo on the side of it, works a treat!

Comment

• I am going to go out tomorrow and do a search of some of the local thrift stores and see what I can find. If nothing then I will pop over to the restaurant supply, we have 2 good ones in town, but I would not be able to handle the "what if's" of not checking thrifts first.

I stopped by the Goodwill store yesterday. On top of looking for the 5qt dutch oven, I am also in search of an 8 to 10 quart soup pot, a very small table for the lamp in the living room, a light box, 25' of piping for the cushion cover I need to sew, and a paper towel holder. I didn't find any of that. What I did find was a fantastic new lamp shade of the sort I had given up finding, for $4! And one of my best finds every...a leather messenger bag for Honey. Original price on this one $225 my cost...$8!!! It is perfectly distressed though it had a 1" rip along a seam in a hidden and totally repairable location. His old bag was one he got when he was a PhD student, it is a canvas thing from Land's End, and hideously distressed. He had asked me to keep an eye out for a replacement, and I wanted leather of course, but could not bring myself to shell out over $200. So this morning I went down and repaired the tear (I glued it, not enough material to sew it), and tomorrow I will condition it with some coconut oil. It really is beautiful, you know how much I love him cause I am actually going to let him have it and not keep it for myself.

So this morning I have done the treadmill, repaired the bag, started on the 2 photo transfers I need to do this weekend (one is a thank you gift and one is a gift for my sis), I baked the cake for Boo's birthday cake bites, cleaned the kitchen, worked on my sick dwarf rose I am trying to get to grow inside, and answered emails, and it is not even noon!!!! Gonna be a great day.

The rest of the weekend I need to finish what I have started (the bag, and photo transfers), write a few letters, and knit knit knit (trying to finish Boo's cable knit blanket for his birthday and because I need to start on 2 baby blankets-someone is having twins). Oh and SHOP!!!

p.s. lost another 1.6 after yesterday's fast day, today is a non-fast. I am 4 pounds away from my pre-holiday low weight.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• There's nothing like a good find at the thrift store. The bag sounds marvelous. Honey is lucky to have you watching for him.

We are getting a baby in the extended family(nephew and wife), too. I have a quilt all set to go, just needs binding, and I want to make some flannel receiving blankets. I got two when Eldest was born- quality flannel with a simple crocheted edging, and they were one of the best baby presents I ever received.

Comment

• hmmm, I like the flannel with crocheted edge, will pass that along to Dudla as she is the one who crochets, my crochet always looks like a mistake was made.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Bass pro shops is where i got mine.....

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• ahh, thanks had not thought of that!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• your bread is intriguing me.. it will be gluten and dairy free when done? I need to take you thrift shopping, or rather have you take me.. I never find the good stuff
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hahaha. Usually I have to take Dudla with me to find the good stuff. But it is a given that what I find, though always a good deal, is never what I am looking for!

No, the bread will not actually be gluten free. The leavening will be from a fermentation process. But it will be wheat which does have gluten. However the theory here is that it isn't the gluten that is causing the issue it is the hybridization of the wheat as well as the process used to harvest it that is the actual problem. Apparently the wheat we typically find has been hybridized to withstand the overspray of Roundup they hit the fields with to kill insects and improve yield. The einkorn is an ancient wheat seed and the farmers do not use roundup. That is also true for the Woodland one, which might be easier for you to get where you live.

So the question for you is if you were allergy tested for gluten allergy or has it just been an intolerance. If gluten allergy then this won't cut it. If a perceived intolerance it might.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                ... my crochet always looks like a mistake was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X