No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on your anniversary. I went to Daytona Beach 3yrs. ago when my husband I went to Florida for the first time with my sister and her husband. We ate at an outside place there that had great fish for lunch. I don't remember the name. I was so surprise to see that cars were allow to drive on the beach like that. We all had a great time there.

Comment

• Goodbye Chris,

I take comfort that I will still see what you are up to on FB.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for your well wishes!

Paula, I think you know I am always available if you need anything. Take care of yourself. And I won't take good-bye, just a ttfn wave.

@lovesWalking, I actually lived in New Smyrna Beach, which is just south of Daytona. A lot of people are surprised by the driving on the beach. They have had many discussions about changing it, but parking would be a major issue. In NSB, they are slowly adding parks along the beach, which I think they intend to use for parking so they can stop the driving on the beach there.

Fort Lauderdale was lovely, it appears that South Beach is the place to go to see and be seen while drinking your way along the beach. I was the driver though so no drinking for me. However, our hotel was across the street from a grocery store, so the last night in Lauderdale, we bought some wine, cheese, and a baguette and stayed in. It was very nice.

So I have gained 3 pounds back of the weight I had lost from the Christmas gain. Bit of a yo-yo. But did the treadmill yesterday and today. Didn't get to do the Tai Chi yesterday, Honey stayed home and was working in the room with the tv for part of the day and working on setting up the internet booster the rest of the day, so I didn't have access. Though now that I am typing this I realize I could have pulled up the youtube video on my computer and done it. rats.

I am feeling really good about my new self image, it has been very helpful with today's fast.

OK, well I am at work and I really should get back to it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have a girlfriend who lives in New Smyrna and one who used to live in Ft Lauderdale who now lives in Boca Raton. I will be visiting both places in October. I can't wait.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• ooo, Jenn, the perfect time to go really. It is just before the bulk of the snowbird migration (they usually arrive right around Thanksgiving and stay through Easter), but the weather will have almost certainly turned to the Floridian version of fall. One of the best things, I think, that you can do when you are at the beach is to check out if it is a full moon (or nearly so) and then to check out the time of moon rise. The moon rising over the ocean is a spectacular site if it is after the sun has set. And of course there is the NSB Flagler crawl (basically walk up and down Flagler Ave visiting all the bars) There is a new bar, near the beachside Publix that has live music, local favorite, small, and friendly. Cannot remember the name of it, but it is in the same building as the Boston Fish House.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• De-lurking to subscribe, finally.
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Yeah! Glad you jumped in.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• down 1.5 after my fast. Which was mostly good. I really need to save my calories for the end of the day though. So I am going to skip the cream in my morning coffee on fast days, then I can have that 100 calories when I really want/need it.

I have forgotten to do the Tai Chi both Monday and Tuesday, Rats. This morning I was going to put out something as a mnemonic and forgot I did however do the treadmill Monday and Tuesday, and this morning. Though this morning I broke my "30 minutes no more no less" rule because I was coming to the end of the movie (Hairspray), so I ended up doing 48 minutes instead of 30. I was not as close to the end as I thought. Oh well, on to Mama Mia tomorrow! I am waking up at 6 instead of 7 in order to be able to do the treadmill and not be rushed in the morning. I like it. Hopefully, I will get to where I can go to bed by 10. I mean I can go ahead and go to bed, but won't fall asleep until 11 anyway, yet. Trying to talk the hubs into watching Jon Stewart the next day at 6:30 so we don't have to stay up for the 10 showing. He falls asleep anyway and misses it. And at 6 to 7 he usually watches 2 episodes of Seinfeld, that he has seen a hundred times, so it isn't like he will miss anything if he only watches one episode and switches to the Daily Show. He just hates change.

So yesterday, I figured out a way that I can arrange my work hours such that every other week I would only have to work 2 days, thus giving me a 5 day weekend. I normally have a 4 day weekend anyway, but having 5 days really seems decadent!

Boo's 20th (holy shit!!) birthday is next weekend, so Honey and I are going over to take him and friends out for dinner. I am going to take over a treat. I have decided a cake would be too much of a PITA in a dorm with a mini fridge and no utensils. So I am going to make a batch of cake balls. He knows how much work goes into them and he loves them so it is a good choice. They are also easy to share, and he likes that his friends swoon over them.

We are also going to a play that Dudla's group is sponsoring, about sexual violence and victim blaming. It is important that we support her, but I gotta admit I am not looking forward to it. This is much worse than having to sit through a recital or something like that. Ah the things parents do for their kids (and siblings, Boo has a seat as well).
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Just smiling at your post. I'm having a hard day, and you cheer me up. Thanks
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• 20?! Didn't he JUST start college?? Holy cow, time flies.

Look at you getting your tai chi on.. you go girl!
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You're a good mom.

Comment

• Ruth, so glad I could make you smile!

Karin, I found a free youtube channel on my Roku, so that I can pull up things from youtube, and there are a million yoga/tai chi videos. If I can just remember to do them. I like it better than yoga because while it seems really easy, when you are done you know you did something, and it is really relaxing. With yoga I always think, yeah I can do this, then I can't walk for days afterward. It helps with balance too which given the clumsy genes that run in my family is pretty important.

Sabine, that means a lot coming from you!!!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Well, I am down another pound and a half after a non-fasting day. This kind of thing always motivates me to be really diligent on my fast day (today).

On the anti-inflammatory part of my program, I am doing very well. Eating veggies, some fruit, protein, and no grains. I ordered some Einkorn Wheat flour yesterday. I plan to use it to make sour dough breads.

The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic (it's not the gluten) | The Healthy Home Economist | The Healthy Home Economist

this article actually has links for Einkorn and for Woodland Wheat, I went with einkorn as it is actually one I can buy locally if I run out. It is cheaper online though, and locally is a 30 minute drive.

Anyway, I have started the sourdough starter, hopefully that works. Now I need a 5 quart (or more) enamel dutch oven as according to the website recipe that is what works best. So it is off to thrift stores and estate sales, you know how I hate that In the mean time I may try to make a loaf in my clay cooker.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• grease up that clay cooker! oh, or hey.. parchment paper!

yeah for the loss. I need to start weighing myself.. gotta find the scale. lol
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• my clay cooker has an enamel finish, so need to grease it, but the baking directions call for it to start in a pre-heated oven and the clay has to start in a cool oven.

I may just get a cast iron one for now, and save up for a Le Creuset.

Weighing daily helps keep me honest.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X