Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

p.s. and it seems that after being lulled into a false sense of finality, my period has returned. It has been 6 months, and now, well, unhappy surprise. shit. this will add a lovely dimension to my normal end of season sadness coupled with the kids going back to school.
    The lovely dimension is that, for the past few months, your body has been young and strong enough to support a pregnancy. That's a good thing, evolutionarily speaking. Be joyous, you frisky young thang!

Comment

• Ick on TOM. Mine has been coming every 3 weeks, which has not made me happy!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Well if it's any consolation, I turned 58 2 weeks ago. Started yet another period Friday and the longest I've gone without having one is 2 months. To make matters worse, all my blood tests say I am postmenopausal. Too bad my body hasn't gotten the message. Will be seeing a new gynecologist on Friday.

Comment

• i empathize with you. i do not miss those at all.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sabine, thank you for the positive take. Would love having babies around again, though I would prefer not to have to go through a pregnancy or a birth!

Marcadav, I turned 56 in November. Do not relish the thought of having periods indefinitely. Though I really cannot complain as I have had none of what are typically considered the side effects of menopause.

Karin, not sure I would want to go through the fast track menopause that you went through to get to the other side though.

Ruth, my periods were always spaced further apart than typical, but usually 5 weeks not 5 months.

back to work tomorrow
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• true.. hellish moments and a REALLY bumpy ride

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Karin

Comment

• Very glad I had to take the long slow way on that one, actually long slow seems to be the story of my life.

So, I consider today the actual start of my new year, so today is my first fast in the new year. I am excited and ready for it. Yesterday was a successful anti-inflammatory day as I managed to avoid grains and sugars, however I did not avoid much else. I was hungry all day, and, atypically, nibbled pretty much non-stop. Which is very likely why I woke up this morning with my stomach growling. I am at work though so no food temptations.

It is in the low 30's outside right now, though it is sunny. Inside it is hovering around 50 degrees. Not only is our HVAC out, but so are our phones. The good news is that I just read an article yesterday that says recent research is showing that being cold actually does help you to burn more calories and thus help with weight loss. I have had to take off my rings as the spinning was driving me crazy, I am about to go put on my gloves though. Unfortunately I did not dress very warmly because it is usually stinking hot in my office. I can't go home and make up the hours another day because I am waiting for the repairmen. Also we have some very chatty researchers here, but no archivist. It is going to be a long day.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• the heat has been fixed and it is now up to a balmy 58 degrees in my office. Still waiting on the phone repair so can't cut out early.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Heat went out again over night, so my office was back below 50, the thermostat doesn't register below that. I have reset it and it sounds as though it is working, and the thermostat says it is now 54 in here. Phones came on but are now back off.

Yesterday's fast was not my most successful, I am sure I pushed closer to 800 than to 500 hundred calories, so it was not a total bust either. I lost .6 pounds to get to 243.4 this morning, so I am marching back to my low of 237, slowly but surely. Really want to be in the next decade for my April doc appointment, so that is my motivation.

I don't usually like to eat processed foods, but I got a pack of Organic Quinoa and Kale for Dudla when she was here. It had 5 individual packets in it that just need microwaved, and I had one for dinner yesterday with some homemade butternut squash soup. I added sour cream and bacon pieces to the soup (YUM!!!). Anyway, the Quinoa and Kale was only 340 calories and would be amazing with a poached egg on top. For anyone who shops Costco and needs a quick side, this is it. It would also be good with nuts and dried cranberries and sprinkled with goat cheese.

I actually have plenty to do at work but low interest in doing it. But I really should get to it, so ttfn
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• That does sound tasty and to be honest, I would call it minimally processed. It is no where near the same category as other processed foods I am sure. I used to buy the lentils that were prepared and refrigerated to make salads etc. once upon a time. I would say all that is just pre-prepared and not processed. Yup.. that is what I would say

Oh hey, meant to tell you I found those shoes at Dicks and if you do not have a store close, they have an online store as well.
                      Karin

Comment

• I like pre-prepared, makes it seem more like leftovers. My basic rule when I buy something like that is if all the ingredients are actually things I would use if I made it at home, and they were, then it is ok for back up. This is it Organic Quinoa & Kale | Path of Life in case you run across it in your grocery store.

I do have a Dick's close, will check it out next time I am in that direction. Thanks!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• interesting...http://www.weather.com/health/news/c...shows-20131017
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            I do have a Dick's close, will check it out next time I am in that direction. Thanks!
                            oh lawdy! lol isn't that a bit TMI??? sorry... I'm a gutter guy... I couldn't resist.... We have Dick's here too....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              oh lawdy! lol isn't that a bit TMI??? sorry... I'm a gutter guy... I couldn't resist.... We have Dick's here too....
                              Oh Myyyy, I guess it is a bit TMI, hahahaha. I have often wondered what the people who named that store were thinking (yes, if that is the kind of thing I ponder I really should get a life). Honey knew a guy in high school named Richard Dick, now what were his parents thinking. And the weirdest of all, yesterday, while bored at work, roaming Facebook, there was an article about a guy who had 2 of them. He did a Q&A on Reddit. Well, again, obviously I need to get a life, but curiosity got the better of me and I went on over there to check it out. If you find yourself bored, it is hilarious at the same time that it is actually interesting.

ok, on to other subjects...

It is always a good day when the scale says the same thing after an UD as it said the day before after a DD, and it is a DD to boot. Translation...I weighed the same this morning as yesterday and today is a DD. I am home from work today though so it will not be as easy as my usual Thursday fast. I plan to drink a lot of tea/coffee/water.

It is 5 degrees right now, wind chill brings it down to a minus 9, so Metro decided not to have the kiddies standing and waiting for the bus in that. Work closes when Metro closes, so I have the day off. Will be putting up the Christmas decorations, and general housekeeping, since I will not be going outside.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I also read that Q&A. Let's face it, that's an unusual situation, people are going to be curious. It was interesting. I also thought he did a good job of answering questions while ignoring the complete weirdos.

Comment

Working...
                                X