Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    I am on pick up duty. I will pick up a car load of drunk 21 year olds (Dudla and her friends) from downtown and bring them to my house to sleep it off. One of them has taken on the role of DD but there are too many of them to fit in one car and no one else is willing to step up. I am more than happy to do the pick up to keep them safe! Honey is not thrilled, but he is a bit of a curmudgeon and has never been excited to have the kids friends spend the night, while I would much rather they were here and I know where they are and that they are safe and sound. I am making them a baked breakfast casserole for the morning. I always do, and that is likely part of the reason why they do stay at our house so much.
    This describes my husband and myself SO much. The funny thing is, almost everyone we know would have thought it would have been the other way. I always like the kids here - I know where they are and what they are (mostly) doing. I'll pickup and dropoff almost anyone to keep them safe.

I told the kids to invite their friends over. Won't have as many as I thought, but we've had kids over all for the last 2 weeks!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well now they have decided to let the DD do 2 runs so it looks like I won't have to do an actual pick, but I am on call. It looks like 8 over nighters. The spare room and the red room are laid out with mattresses, so hopefully they will quietly slip into their beds and not wake Honey up.

Happy new year everyone!!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Lol!! Well at least it was picturesque?? The colder weather is a bit off putting. Time to dig out those wonderful hot teas.

Sounds like he plan for New Year's Eve was interesting. Did you have an anti hang over tonic for the kids this morning?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Tea and water and lots of it!

I did not make a hang over tonic, but I was nice enough not to make eggs. I made them a french toast casserole, bagels (store bought), fresh cherries, and had coffee and OJ. They are a very nice bunch of kids, and one of the guys even said that it made his night that we had a nice warm cozy place to sleep and such a nice breakfast.

A few are left watching movies and hanging out, Boo is back from his night out and watching football, and Honey is out flying... So all is normal and quiet and lovely...a great way to start the new year!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You are super mom! Glad they appreciated your breakfast. That comment you got would have melted my heart

Karin

Comment

• It did. I love giving them a reason to want to end their evenings here. One of her friends calls the spare room "my bedroom", and tells Dudla that anyone who wants to stay should really ask him if it is ok to sleep in his bed.

I am on a mission to research the iPhone 6 vs. the Plus, and see if I can't find out why we don't get a better deal with Verizon (Honey is not wanting to change carriers because he needs Verizon's coverage with his flying)
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Alright, it seems as though we are going to get the new phones today, the kids are excited, I hate getting new technology so I am less excited. I have decided on the Plus, better battery life and slightly better camera.

I have not done well as far as jumping back on the healthy food train. For some reason I was starving all day yesterday. Physical hunger. Weird because I don't usually experience it like that. I actually got shaky and light headed. I suspect it is because I have been eating too many grains and too much sugar in general. So, before I can really get back to fasting, I am going to spend these next few days cleaning out my diet in general. I am not going to worry too much about quantity, just focus on quality, until Monday - to my mind the new year starts on next Tuesday. It is the 12th day of Christmas and the day the Christmas decorations come down. It is also my first day back at work. On second thought, maybe the decorations come down on the 11th day of Christmas this year. Anyway, Tuesday will be my first fast in the new year.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  ...So, before I can really get back to fasting, I am going to spend these next few days cleaning out my diet in general. ....
                  I am feeling a bit like this myself, after some poor choices yesterday. I am feeling the need for nutrition.

Comment

• yes, my body seems to be asking for nutrients today. Wish I had some bone broth made. I do have some nice beef and salad makings so that will be dinner tonight, somehow.

I don't think I have to have had a lot to eat before I begin the fast cycle, but I do believe I can't be in a major nutrient deficiency.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• We got the new phones, we love them. As expected, Honey spent the ride home in a serious state of buyers remorse. It is just painful for him to spend money, and this was his idea. Even with trade ins on our old ones this was a very pricey purchase. And the guy in the Apple store made the mistake of telling Honey that if we had done the trade in 3 days earlier we would have gotten $50 more per phone on the trade in. Luckily the ride home was a very short one

So I am down 3 pounds, with 7 (!?!) to go to get back to the pre-holiday weight I hit on the 18th of December. Hoping to hit it by the 18th of January. Today is an anti-inflammatory day, no grains or sugar. Will do some homemade yogurt with nuts and fruit for late afternoon snack, and likely salad and beef for dinner (had a veggie burger last night while the rest of the family had baked mac-n-cheese with our salads).

We are going to a basketball game this afternoon. Boo has had us watching every football game imaginable, and now Honey and I are spending the afternoon watching basketball, jeez.

Weather here is still the pits, Ain't No Sunshine....ever, usually our November and December are perfect, cool with nice clear skies. This year it is just constantly overcast, some days it spits rain, some days cold, some days cool, but never any sun. So glad we got sun while we were in Florida!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• p.s. I went back to my Spark People site, and joined the "Fasting for Fat Loss" team, if anyone wants additional support, join me over there. (like I need another place to check out and keep myself on the computer longer)
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• yeah for being down in weight! as for football, a little goes a long way for me..same for bball.

we have had cloudy skies too..big fat snow flakes as well. yeahhh..fun on crutches!

new phones!! yeah!! jealous because mine sucks lol

Karin

Comment

• Chris, check out salt water sole. Very interesting. I am not advocating that you try it, I just thought it sounded interesting.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Mm, it does sound interesting. I may have to give it a shot.

Yes we are having fun with the new phones. Our old ones were still mostly working but my CPA husband had some explanation about phone plans and the monthly payments subsidizing new phones every 2 years so we should take advantage of it.

I was successful today at staying away from grain only partly at avoiding sugar (Dudla make no bake cookies and I had 2 of them). Tomorrow I drive the kids back to school.

My face lotion attempt today was less than successful. Not sure what I am doing wrong but it will not emulsify. Very frustrating. I think on Monday that I will try to make a lavender lotion bar. It is just Shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax melted together then cooled in forms. I think I am going to cut the wax amount in half since both Shea and coconut oil are basically solid at room temperatures. I will also add some lavender oil for the scent.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• So, lots to do. Today I am basically spending on cleaning catch up, putting the house in order, doing the laundry, trying to prepare myself mentally for having to go back to work.

it is finally sunny here today, of course it is 21 degrees with a wind chill factor much lower. It is not supposed to reach up to the 30's for a couple of days. shit. my yard looks like it has been deserted.

Tomorrow is the 12th day of Christmas, the wise men will arrive at the manger scene, but the kids are gone so no one will notice. It is the day I take down the decorations, hate it, always makes me very sad.

I have been playing with the lotions today. Basically I whipped it until it released the rest of the liquid that would not emulsify. It is very creamy, and obviously not at all light. I did make a very light after shower spray with the liquid I poured out though. I also made some lip balm (coconut oil, shea butter, matcha powder, and beeswax) it is lovely so far=it still has to cool.

I am really dedicated to getting things done around here. I feel like I have some great projects planned and I need to get to them.

Oh yeah, and today is the restart of my "anti-inflammatory 4:3", today being a non-fasting day though. My weight held at 244, so just under 7 pounds to get back to the 12/18/14 weight.

As to movement, I am rededicating myself to 10,000 steps a day, 10 flights of stairs, and yoga/tai chi at least once a week. I am going to see if I can't get the youtube channel through my Roku and use that to find a yoga video that I like.

p.s. and it seems that after being lulled into a false sense of finality, my period has returned. It has been 6 months, and now, well, unhappy surprise. shit. this will add a lovely dimension to my normal end of season sadness coupled with the kids going back to school.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 01-05-2015, 08:37 AM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X