No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 238 after a DD. I got a little loosey goosey with my "500" calories yesterday. Dudla opened a bag of dark chocolate covered fruit, which I picked at a bit. For dinner I had a large salad (with nuts, avocado, craisins, and homemade vinaigrette) and a huge pile of Brussels Sprouts (which were sauteed in butter until caramelized with craisins and blue cheese sprinkled on top). One of my salads at dinner never equals a loss in the morning though no matter what else I do, or whether it is a DD or an UD. No matter, today is an UD but I am at work so I can have off on Tuesday.

Just finishing the last of the year end chores so that I can be stress free until I have to come back to work on the 6th. (see how hard I am working, typing away at my computer here)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok.. I want one of your salads TODAY! It sounds amazing! You are making so much progress!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• oh yes, the salads are amazing. Mostly, I am a lazy cook when it comes to the every day things, so the salad is a package of pre-washed greens, a 1/4C of my nuts/seeds mix (I keep a large sealed container of raw seeds and nuts to sprinkle on and in things), 1/4C of dried cranberries, avocado or papaya chopped, pre-cut mushrooms, about half as much vinegar as oil (maybe 1T vinegar and 2T olive oil at most), sprinkle with salt, pepper, and stevia. There are often things I add to this, usually some kind of protein, and what ever other sliced/diced/chopped veggies happen to be around. I cannot tell you how many people ask me for the "recipe"!

Egad, the heat at work didn't work at the beginning of the week and now it is working too well, sad that this warmth is not getting me a nice tan in the process!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• up a few pounds this morning to 240.4 I am not going to let myself focus on the scale until after the new year.

My new year's resolution is to hand write and snail mail a letter a week. I will be sending to friends as well as using a site I found https://moreloveletters.squarespace.com I am doing this for a couple of reasons, besides keeping in touch with friends or sending a letter to someone who needs a boost, it will allow me to practice my calligraphy in both the letter and on the envelope. I also want to do some printing of cards using my photos and art work. So doing this weekly will sort of force me to do something creative at least once a week (that is on top of the knitting and the house projects I need to get on to!)

This is the time every Christmas that I get a little panic going. We don't exchange presents with anyone, so I don't shop. Christmas cards are done and sent. We are just planning the trip to take mom back. Kinda quiet.

Doesn't look like Honey will be able to make it to Florida this week. He has student papers to grade so he can't drive down with us, and so far the weather does not look like it will cooperate as far as letting him fly down. This is stressing my mother royally. The kids and I are used to him, his work ethic, and not always seeing him on the day that is the actual holiday.

Dudla will be shadowing Dr. G while we are in the south, and I will visit a couple of old friends. We will spend Christmas eve with my siblings and their kids.

Anyway, my computer time will be short for the next couple of weeks since I mostly update from work and I don't have to go back until the 6th. But I will check in regularly, and drop a line or two to update.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I love the letter writing idea! I checked out the site and what a great idea.

Sounds like you are going to have a great holiday regardless of when the hubs can join you.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Comment

• I want to wish everyone who celebrates it a Merry Christmas ...http://www.womenyoushouldknow.net/am...-maya-angelou/... Happy Hanakuh... Joyous Kwanzaa... Or just a beautiful day. And to thank all of you for your support and guidance since I have arrived at this lovely place.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Happy boxing day!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

😊 thanks! And happy 2nd day of Christmas.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Generally, I despise the idea of New Year's resolutions. Have not made one in years. But this year I feel compelled to do it. So here goes....

I want to write a snail mail letter, once a week, as I talked about in a previous post.

I want to write a once a week reminder to myself of something I am either thankful for, grateful for, or that makes me happy.

Follow my 4:3 anti-inflammatory diet and get in some movement every day in order to maximize good health with less emphasis on weight and more emphasis on feeling physically good.

I plan to use the notes to practice calligraphy so they will have a twofold purpose.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I love your New Years resolutions. I guess my problem with resolutions is just remembering to do them. I have good intentions but then, I get busy.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Karin

Comment

• That is usually my issue as well. I am hoping by putting them down here where I can find them that it will help. Also I get a newsletter from the website for the love letters so maybe that will help boost my memory.

Been eating and drinking (alcohol not water) my way through the week. I suspect the scale will reward me when I get home.

We have spent most of the time cleaning up mom's landscaping which payed a heavy price for the immobility caused by her hip and sis's back issues. Both are well now though, so I helped them get things pruned and cleared and cleaned, and I moved a bunch of landscaping stones from the back to the front to create more privacy around the fire pit. Looks great and I got in lots of heavy lifting and walking as I had to move them one at a time.

Today is my last day here and I do need to cut mom's hair and make her some lotion before we leave. Today is the day Dudla gets the tour with Dr. G. To say she is excited is a massive understatement.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Mom didn't want a haircut as she thinks she wants to grow it a bit. Thoughts often go that way when the weather is cool.

The lotion looks like the emulsion worked but it is very thin. We put it in a pump bottle. It feels luxurious going on and my face feels silky even hours after applying it but it is not even as thick as condensed milk. Weird.

Ready to get back to my fasting schedule. I am thinking it will be Wednesday and Friday this week and then back to Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday.

I am naturally thinking I will start a movement schedule when I get back... We shall see.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Everything sounds so lovely!!!!!

How did your daughter's tour go??? When do the kids head back to school?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Happy new year to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Thanks Doc! I am on pick up duty. I will pick up a car load of drunk 21 year olds (Dudla and her friends) from downtown and bring them to my house to sleep it off. One of them has taken on the role of DD but there are too many of them to fit in one car and no one else is willing to step up. I am more than happy to do the pick up to keep them safe! Honey is not thrilled, but he is a bit of a curmudgeon and has never been excited to have the kids friends spend the night, while I would much rather they were here and I know where they are and that they are safe and sound. I am making them a baked breakfast casserole for the morning. I always do, and that is likely part of the reason why they do stay at our house so much.

I drive the kids back on Sunday.

I just got back from a week in the sun to a 28 degree cloudy day, this makes me sad, I cannot get my hands warm

So this morning I was 247.4, which is basically 8 pounds up since I left. However, at least 5 of that is the fluid that has settled in my legs from the knees down. My feet look ridiculous, kind of like a latex glove when it is filled with water. Drinking lots and lots today. Not fasting so much as just eating dinner tonight. Will probably just do that till I get the kids back to school to ease myself into it again.

Duda cannot stop talking about the tour, it was wonderful and she learned a lot.

We actually had a fun drive home, saw a few crazy things (while sitting at a very long red light we saw 2 guys moving a 14' ladder while it was open, then trying to figure out how to prune a tree while setting up the ladder on a steep incline. Boo wondered where the 3rd stooge was. Also saw a giant chicken in front of a convenience store, a giant fake snowman holding a box of doughnuts in front of someone's house, and billboards in Alabama saying "wipe out colon cancer" with a picture of a roll of toilet paper. Well maybe you had to be there, but they had us laughing)
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X