No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 239.2, that is a new low (by 2 tenths of a pound), the hot soup did the trick.

I am now shooting for below 235, that would be the lowest weight I have been in maybe 10 years.

Today we run errands, which will be nice because it is finally sunny outside. Since Mom has been here I don't think we have had 10 hours total of the sun showing. She has resorted to taking vitamin D, she usually gets an hour a day in the sun gardening. Of course the only thing showing today will be face and hands so it will take more than an hour to get her vitamin d in that way.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• YAY for the new low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Congratulations!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ohmygosh.. you are a power house!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks all! the big thing is can I make it through the holidays? Given the parties are in my past (the hubs replied no to one next week, he was too tired, blah, I wanted to go to see the house-it is for someone pretty high up in the admin at school), I should be fine. I just have to get through Dudla's cooking.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, you can do it. Just remember - you may choose not to have it today, but tomorrow is an UD, and then you can have it. It's not "no", it's "later".
              -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks, I do need to keep that attitude. That is actually what works with me and smoking cigs. I plan to start back up when I turn 90. So I haven't actually quit, just putting it off for a few years.

I have been working at keeping an anti-inflammatory diet when I do eat, so basically no grains (mostly). I think that is very helpful, both in the hunger situation and in feeling better in general.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hey. *waves*

Comment

• Sabine, you must be psychic, I was just wondering about you this morning!

238.2 after a decent DD, I ate well but did not weigh or measure or track anything, just went with a gut feeling on the 500 or so calories, apparently it worked. That is 1.4 lower than my lowest, very happy!

I am at work, tons to do in the next few days before I can walk away for the holidays.

Dudla comes home this afternoon, so tonight we are going cruisin' for Christmas lights. Then we are going to eat at a diner in a little town south of here. They are closing their doors forever next week after 60 years (developers bought out the land), so it is our last hurrah there. They have real old fashioned Southern cooking (meat and 3' and mile high meringue on their pies). I am saving all of my calories for today to use for that meal!

Other than finishing up year end stuff at work, life is pretty quiet. Mom is not super mobile so we are not doing things that require a lot of walking. My procrastination has caused us to miss the best Christmas shows in town as they are now sold out. We don't do presents, except for the one big one for the kids, which will be new phones this year, so that is easy. My cards went out on Monday, so that is done. Decorations are all up. Now we just get to hang out in front of the fire, drinking hot chocolate with Bailey's, watching movies-Christmas and musicals. Lots of family time together.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Is that a new weight decade for you?

Comment

• well yes, again. I hit 239.6 last year just before the holidays and the stuff with dad. So I am basically back. My real new decade will be the 220's.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ooo the family time sounds great. Have fun looking at lights and man!! Wish I could go yo that restaurant. I love me some good southern cooking!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                          Karin

Comment

• 237.2!!!!! On an UD and after eating out for dinner.

So last night was interesting. Our old haunts, where we always found the most spectacular lights, had virtually nothing, just a small smattering. The restaurant was closed, even though their website said they were open till 8 and it was only 6:30. So I suggested we drive through the town and head home, we would be able to get home in enough time for me to whip up an omelet. But Honey said that since we were out we should eat out. He said he was open to suggestions...mine was shot down, Dudla's was shot down, Boo said "um no, I cannot read your mind, you tell us". So Honey suggests we park and walk the couple of blocks of the town to see which place we want to eat in. (yes mom is with us, and yes it was very cold out). So that is what we do. Except all the restaurants have at least an hour wait.

Now by the time we get back to the car it is getting too late for me to throw together a meal when we get home. So I say there used to be an Italian restaurant around the corner we could try. Apparently he didn't hear me, but since he didn't say yes I passed it up, and then he says what about the Italian restaurant on the corner we used to go to. (grrrr). So after a series of U-turns...there is no wait to be seated, but the lady does warn us they are very short staffed, we stay. It was lovely though, but by this time I wasn't really hungry, so I just had a house salad and roasted veggies (which I tossed on top of the salad).

On the way home, Honey went into a long diatribe about why Dudla should be applying for a joint degree (PhD/MD) instead of just the PhD and going for the MD later as she is currently planning. Given Dudla and I had just had a conversation about how he has second guessed all of her and Boo's college decisions and how the kids decisions have so far turned out to be the right ones, Dudla spent the whole convo rolling her eyes at me in the rear view mirror (I was driving she was in the middle back seat).

For the most part though, it was not as tense as it sounds, and we enjoyed a brisk political discussion at dinner, which even with the disagreements, was civil and mostly non-personal. Dudla is extremely liberal, and most of our political discussions are centered around helping her to understand that not all republicans believe all the same things anymore than all democrats all believe all the same things. And that oddly our beliefs are very close, with mostly nuances of how to achieve things being the major differences.

On a positive note: Honey had his stress test yesterday and he came out at 110% of expectations for a man his age. So basically his heart attack will not be exercise induced. Though it might be better if it is, since his "gym" is the wellness center at the hospital. If he had his heart attack there, at least he would get immediate attention!

It was still a lovely evening all in all. And I woke up one pound lighter than yesterday and today is a DD.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• WOW WOW WOW.. so much in that post to love. Family.. sums it up lol The hubs wants what HE thinks is best for the kids, even if they get annoyed.
                              Karin

Comment

• He is very much like his mom, sort of passive aggressive, "whatever you all want to do, except that" kind of thing goes on with him a lot. We all find it pretty humorous now that we know it is coming.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X