No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I talked to the guy and we talked for no more than 5 minutes and he said he wanted me to talk to his wife and he would have her call me back within 10 minutes but she never called back. So no telling what is going on with that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hmmmm... Strange. :/

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The wife finally called and wants me to send a resume. For a receptionist in a hair salon. I will clean mine up and send it off tomorrow.

239.8! .4 above the low weight and it is just the first day of the week. Today is an UD.

Out to lunch with Mom and Honey (and his staff) at the University Club, so dinner will be very light! Cooking dinner this week for a friend who is having surgery. Then Thursday pick up Boo, Friday we have a party to go to, and Saturday we have a party to go to. Busy fun week.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds fun
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Good luck on the job!
            Karin

Comment

• The salon position will likely not come open until the end of January, which is perfect since I have some travel planned between now and then. I am still open but not terribly excited about the job. I would be more excited if I thought they would pay me at least what I get paid now so that it would be worth the drive and I could just quit my current job.

We had a fun day, ate too much, but it was very good. Dinner is likely to be liquid (I got a bottle of Bailey's as a late birthday gift, yum). Tomorrow is a DD.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                The salon position will likely not come open until the end of January, which is perfect since I have some travel planned between now and then. I am still open but not terribly excited about the job. I would be more excited if I thought they would pay me at least what I get paid now so that it would be worth the drive and I could just quit my current job.

We had a fun day, ate too much, but it was very good. Dinner is likely to be liquid (I got a bottle of Bailey's as a late birthday gift, yum). Tomorrow is a DD.
                Liquid dinners can be fun... lol

Comment

• Could the salon job lead to better dough in the long run SD?

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Liquid dinners can be fun... lol
                  Yer not wrong, if it involves that bottle of Baileys it could get tasty....

Comment

• Great news on getting so close to your low. The job sounds interesting. Will it bother you to work in a salon as a receptionist when you have the skills as a hairdresser?
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The only way the receptionist position would lead to more money in the future is if it became a management position. Possible but unlikely.

I think the thing that is likely to bother me about working as a receptionist in a salon would be even worse if I was working as a hairdresser. That salon is in the heart of Brentwood, the women there have a look, they all want it. Long blonde hair, no wrinkles, long eyelashes, etc. (new money) We all want to be beautiful, but it is the mentality that it has to be that look as opposed to their own personal best look that would drive me over the wall.

the liquid dinner was very much enjoyed! and that bottle of Bailey's played a starring role.

240.6 this morning after an UD in which I ate a buffet lunch and a liquid dinner. Today is a DD. 1 pound gets me level with the recent low. When I get below 235 I will be at a weight that I have not been for at least 15 years. I have a doctor's appointment on tax day (April 15th) and I have set myself a goal of reaching into the next decade by the time I see her (so in the 220's). I think that is reasonable and allows for Christmas and visiting my mom between now and then as well as taking into account that I am averaging about a half pound a week.

Feeling good and excited to go to the Christmas party on Friday in last years outfit, which because of an ice storm I didn't get to wear last year and which i assume fits much better this year (need to try it on to make sure that it isn't too big)
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 240 this morning. Last night, BFF brought over some left over Seafood gumbo that the chef from her club made for their board meeting. So that is what I had for dinner. Not thinking the calories were way off, but suspect the salt was high, super puffy fingers this morning and that is not typical for after a DD. Also the explanation I am going to use for why I didn't get more of a drop on the scale post DD. Not to worry, my next DD (tomorrow), I have to pick up Boo so I will be 6+ hours in the car, and then Honey will be out of town. I will just make Boo a steak and reheat some roasted potatoes and be done with it.

I have still not finished addressing my Christmas cards, will have to finish that this weekend. Actually, I need to finish last week's to do list also.

All day Friday will be spent cooking a meal for a friend having surgery, but the rest of the weekend should be useful. Hope we get at least one day that is dry enough for me to get the leaves up and into compost bins.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ate a lot yesterday. Not sure what was going on, but I just kept eating. Not a full on binge per se, but a little uncontrolled for sure. Didn't get a chance to get on the scale this morning so I don't know if there was any damage on the scale or not, but I feel a bit bloated today. Never fear though today is a DD, so I can recuperate. Leaving work early so I can go pick up Boo. Mom will ride along. So while I will get very little movement today, I will be a captive to my car for most of the day with very little chance to repeat last night's episode.

tomorrow I will be cooking for the friend in surgery, so it will be dangerous enough.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• egad on a serious eating streak, today is a DD so I am planning to stop the feeding frenzy in its tracks.

I have gone back to Spark People as well since they have an IF team, it was a helpful forum in the past so I am hoping it will be so again. I am not leaving this forum or its principles, I am hoping to use the SP forum for the dietary focus and this one for life focus.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Hey are you still doing protein shakes and such? Could that help curb the eating track and redirect you?

Did cake balls start this? I know you were planning on making some recently??

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              Karin

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

No the shakes are best when I am on a positive roll and don't want to mess it up by chewing. This started with picking up Boo on my DD. He needed something to eat on the way home so we stopped at Sonic. I had a mini shake. Then when we got home, a co-worker of Honey's sent homemade toffee, by far my favorite and truthfully worth every calorie. Friday party. Saturday party.

Today went well. Drank a lot. Then I made a lovely butternut soup with powdered chili and that really helped.

Luckily after all that I only gained 1.6 pounds and that isn't really more than a "normal" weekend where I have 2 UD's in a row. So I feel calmer about it and that is probably part of why the day was successful.

I didn't end up making the cake balls I felt sure it was a very bad idea. I made Nutella truffles which is faster to make and a much smaller batch which I needed every one of for gifts so the boxes wouldn't look empty.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 12-14-2014, 06:24 PM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X