No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a pretty successful DD, stayed close to 500, just over. Weight this morning up .6, odd and disconcerting but not unprecedented.

Today is errands, grocery mostly, and move some of the leaves in the front yard around while I can still tell where the drive way is.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Take it easy -- you are still recovering!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• oh man.. so sorry ya'll are feeling puny and still not back to normal. Yeah for your down day yet still keeping with nutrition.

any more news on the job front?
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yeah I petered out after shopping so the leaves continue to pile up.

We must have gotten the flu. We did get shots so either this was a mild version or a version the shot didn't protect against. Honey did go to work today. I am trying to get him to reschedule his stress test for at least 2 weeks out. It was rescheduled from Friday to tomorrow. Seems like a huge waste of time and money given he still hasn't eaten a full meal yet. Though he did manage to finish the ice cream that was in the freezer last night. Then complained his stomach didn't feel well (duh).

On the job front it looks they had planned for me to go to 2 days, but they thought I was working 2.5 where I was working 3 and were thinking it would cut 4 hours a week. So I am either going to lose 4 hours a week or 7, depending on how they decide to correct their mistake. Hourly pay is scheduled to stay the same.

They are planning to sell the building, though they say they are putting in the contract that we will retain use of the archives and the offices directly connected to them for at least 3 years. The building should sell pretty quickly it is a prime piece of real estate. Technically it is on the historic register so they should not be able to tear it down, but who knows.

Once sold they will relocate the archives either to a specially constructed warehouse in Indiana or to one of our universities. A few of the schools want parts of the collection but the stipulation of the foundation that created the endowment is that the collection remain in tact.

So we shall see.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            Yeah I petered out after shopping so the leaves continue to pile up.

We must have gotten the flu. We did get shots so either this was a mild version or a version the shot didn't protect against. Honey did go to work today. I am trying to get him to reschedule his stress test for at least 2 weeks out. It was rescheduled from Friday to tomorrow. Seems like a huge waste of time and money given he still hasn't eaten a full meal yet. Though he did manage to finish the ice cream that was in the freezer last night. Then complained his stomach didn't feel well (duh).

On the job front it looks they had planned for me to go to 2 days, but they thought I was working 2.5 where I was working 3 and were thinking it would cut 4 hours a week. So I am either going to lose 4 hours a week or 7, depending on how they decide to correct their mistake. Hourly pay is scheduled to stay the same.

They are planning to sell the building, though they say they are putting in the contract that we will retain use of the archives and the offices directly connected to them for at least 3 years. The building should sell pretty quickly it is a prime piece of real estate. Technically it is on the historic register so they should not be able to tear it down, but who knows.

Once sold they will relocate the archives either to a specially constructed warehouse in Indiana or to one of our universities. A few of the schools want parts of the collection but the stipulation of the foundation that created the endowment is that the collection remain in tact.

So we shall see.
            leaves are the reason God made mulching mowers.....

and MDA seems to think today is your birfday.... happy birfday!
            Last edited by ssn679doc; 11-11-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• oh the leaves on my tiny patch of lawn are not the problem, it is the driveway that is the issue. Also the giant acorns.

not sure how MDA knows (I must have entered it somewhere along the line) but yes it is my birthday today, 56 years old, thank you!

Last night the hubs, uncomplainingly, watched "White Christmas" with me in front of the fire. I celebrate a birthday month, so Charleston was the start of the celebrations, next week I am going to Phoenix to visit a friend, then my mom is coming the day after Thanksgiving and staying until Christmas break. Also my daughter was home at the beginning of the month, my son has been home twice, and they should both be home the weekend of Thanksgiving. Today I am off to buy myself a new outfit on the way home from work. One of my best birthday months yet!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I consider yesterday one of my most successful DD's. What makes me feel so is that I did not linger in the kitchen or dwell on thoughts of food. I had an iced coffee with coconut milk for breakfast, then tea throughout the day. When I got home I had a cup of bone broth that I have brewing in the crock pot. Then for dinner I made a mesclum salad topped with kale, sauerkraut (weird I know but good), and tempeh, ACV, and a bit of Olive oil.

the scale moved down 1.2, so I am now up just 4 pounds from my recent low, like an inchworm crawling down the numbers.

I stopped on the way home yesterday and got myself some new clothes. Pants in a size 16! At the start of this journey I wouldn't wear pants because I could not bring myself to buy a size 22, or look at myself in the mirror when I had them on. And I got 3 new long sleeved tops for winter as well as a lovely cardigan. And I forced myself to put a beautiful coat back on the rack because I do not need it.

Work today and tomorrow, Friday morning will be spent at home waiting on maintenance guys to do the annual inspections of our systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical). I will be pricey this year because we are do to have our smoke detectors replaced. The ones I want run almost $40 a piece and we need 9 if I counted right. It will not be long before we need a new hot water heater as well as a new HVAC unit for the upstairs but trying to put that off as long as possible. To my mind we also need a new oven (I have to use a shower curtain rod to keep the door shut when in use) and new living room furniture (ours is the set Honey bought before we met-Ethan Allen Queen Anne style-was meant for a parlor situation and not to actually be used so the silk threads in the couch and chairs are literally worn off and you can see the stuffing), which will get pushed further down the list if the necessities need replaced sooner rather than later.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• size 16 is wonderful!! Congrats!!
                  Karin

Comment

• thanks, I don't think it is a fluke either as the one pair I have at home that are 18 are pretty loose, and the size 20 jeans I can take off without unzipping them.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Dancing with Chris! VERY exciting. The fact that you have kept plodding at this has given me the motivation at times to stick with this (ADF).
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Well honestly it is the only thing I have ever done that is flexible enough to do for the rest of my life. No matter what I learn about what foods I should or shouldn't eat I can always do a version of alternate day fasting. And once I get to goal it is totally reasonable to continue it for maintenance.

Right now I am really concentrating on anti-inflammatory eating as well as using local and well sourced food with as few exceptions as is possible. I mean I live in the middle of the country so fish won't be local but can be wild caught.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• very inspiring and I think the key is sustainable. It is something you can do forever.
                          Karin

Comment

• so I am down another pound and a half after an UD, crazy scale! I am now just three pounds from my recent low. Today is a DD, so we shall see what happens.

So I made a lovely bone broth this week and yesterday I used it to make a veggie and lentil soup. Lentils are on the anti-inflammatory list and those and fermented soy beans are the only beans I can tolerate. It was a big vat of soup and I only put in 2 servings worth of the beans, to test to make sure I can still tolerate them and it went very well. I also made a grain free bread. The anti-inflammatory diet is grain free, not necessarily gluten free, I do not after all have celiac disease. It was sort of tasteless but was really good as a base for the soup. I think toasting it will make it better, so I put it in the freezer for those days I need "bread".

I have my new outfit on today and man does it feel fantastic. The pants (size 16) are a heavy material, sort of loose fitting legging, with some cool details (they don't hug the body like regular leggings so they are sort of a cross between straight skinny pants and leggings with stretch) and the top has a fitted under shirt with a loose, semi-see through over top. Anyway, it looks pretty darn good, is in black so it is dressy enough for work and going out to dinner, and best of all it feels like wearing pj's. I am wearing it with black ballerinas and has a sort of Lucy Ricardo/Laura Petrie vibe to it. One of my all time favorite outfits!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• so much success in your post!! yeah, yeah and yeah!! pics??
                              Karin

Comment

• something has happened between MDA and my phone and computer and pics are no longer very easy to post. If I get it figured out I will do it though.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X