No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too. I've been running my space heater, even though it's still 70 degrees outside.........
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I missed the part where you get to keep your job...at least for awhile. This is a good thing?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        p.s. I am started to get to where I am freezing on my DD's. It doesn't help that the weather has flipped and gotten chilly at night, but really the issue is day time. I am wearing a sweater at work and using a lap blanket as I knit a wool blanket at home and still just very very cold. On Tuesday, Honey even said he was on the verge of sweating when I complained of the cold. He may have just said that though thinking I was hinting for a fire in the fireplace.
        Perimenopause and menopause are not just hot flashes, which some people never get. I know one lady who ONLY got cold, cold, cold. I go both ways.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

I guess it is a good thing that I can keep my job. It means I don't have to go looking for a job. And it gives me time to build a business with my calligraphy/art/quotes.

It is possible that the cold is also related to menopause. I haven't had a period since July. Not really had much by way of hot flashes.

So I ended up eating dinner, definitely over my 500 calories. I feel like I should do one meal a deal for a week or two to try to settle in since I am having so much trouble with my DDs. I leave for Charleston on Nov. 1 for 4 days and I really want to just do one fantastic meal a day. I will see how I feel on Sunday. What I really miss on my DDs is my morning coffee. I have been saving those calories to have later in the day but also to extend the fast period. So maybe what I could do is have my morning coffee, have my last meal the day before earlier, and then make a dinner from the fastday forum that is 350 calories to have for my dinner. Some of those recipes look really yummy.

P.S. A co worker noticed my weight loss today. She was like "how could I have not noticed this, you look so much thinner." Good timing cause the snug pants make me feel heavy today.
          Last edited by demuralist; 10-23-2014, 07:44 PM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• screw what I said about 1 meal, I am on a fast day today. Less than 500 calories. I am up 6 pounds from my low and moving in the wrong direction. I have 3 fasting days before I leave for Charleston, and I am going to buckle down and stay under the 500. I am getting lax and that is not going to work.

The Hubs is going flying today, so I have a day without him in the house. He won't be home until at least 8, so he will just eat left overs for dinner, that will make my life easy. I think I will work outside today as it is way too pretty to be inside.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Not sure if this is a great idea on a DD, but I am researching Edible Landscaping. Tummy is growling.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• As long as it doesn't set you off.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So yes, something else added to the list of things I can't do when I am working on a down day. That was stupid actually. Whatever, another lesson learned. Shit
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• yeah on keeping the job. THAT decision has been a long time coming. Oh, and being offended when asked where someone is from?? What? Pretentious.

Great job keeping focused and losing! I am so proud of you. I would like to get to the UD/DD program and have to keep telling myself, now is not the time.
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks. I am thinking that I am going to implement a 20:4 fasting plan for the next few days. (my 4 hour eating window will be 3:30 to 7:30) On my 2 remaining DD's before I go to Charleston I will confine my calories to 500, on the 3 days I have left that are not DD's I will not confine calories. The other difference between the DD's and the UD's is that on the UD's I will have my coffee with cream, on the DD's just coconut milk (it is 15 calories and 1 carb for the amount I use my 245ish frame that is less than a drop in the pacific).

I decided to do this for 2 reasons, many of the articles I have read say that a small amount of calories with no carbs doesn't have a negative effect, and more importantly at the moment I will stick to the plan if I can have my morning coffee in a form that is very close to what I normally do. Tea is just not the same. Some day I will give up the coffee/coconut milk on my DD's, but not this week.

Today is an UD and for dinner I am going to sauté onions, butternut squash, and swiss chard (all from my CSA) as a side for the steak.

Today is yard work, gonna cut the grass, do some planting and weeding.

Oh the other thing I need to do is to cut back my computer time (this is going to include phone since I use it as a computer). On the days that I work, I will use that as my computer time. On my days off, I will allow an hour in the morning and an hour at night. And I have decided if I am sitting in front of the tv, I need to be knitting or doing something similarly productive. I found a group that knits prosthetic breasts for women who have had mastectomies it is my newest project. I plan to make one pair a week, starting with one for my mom.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I too am looking for something to do in front of the TV. Husband and I are thinking of buying a rowing machine.

OOOOH. I need to learn to knit for the character I am playing on stage. Any recommendations on how to learn the basics, fast.?
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Yep 3 suggestions... Youtube. Is the first one, just google youtube knitting instructions. Tons will come up. Second you can got to Ravelry which is a free knitting community and they have tons of info and free patterns. And the third is to go to your local independent yarn store. Tell them your situation and I guarantee that someone there will happily get you started. You can buy a set of needles and a skein of yarn and pretty easily make yourself a nice scarf.

We have found that exercise machines tend to be noisy. Elastic bands are something you can do both for stretch/flexibility (which is something we tend to neglect when we work out) and for strength exercises. I like the knitting because it is relaxing, productive, and portable.
                          Last edited by demuralist; 10-27-2014, 11:44 AM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Good luck with the hooters (I could not resist). I saw those on pintrest and WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA!
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• the site has a pattern to do them in knitting or crochet or magic loom (fyi Ruth, like you have time for that!)

For P....https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

How to Knit | KnittingHelp.com
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Thanks
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X