No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine tell me similar things... It happens. Just get back on track tomorrow. As I keep reminding myself, I've got probably another 2 years of this to go. Slips are going to happen...just need to make sure it isn't happening every DD or even every other DD

I'm going for 4 days to spend with my friend this weekend. Given that I've only just recently started to get back on track and make progress, I really don't want to ruin it all.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ah yes well I consider this a life long commitment. I think the next most important thing to what you have said (not to let it be 2 DD in a row) is to get right back on track ASAP. Which is kind of the same thing.

I need to remind myself that if I get a speeding ticket I tend to slow down at least for the rest of the day, NOT speed up figuring WTH I screwed up today anyway.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yesterday was a successful UD, I ate what I wanted when I wanted and it was still reasonable and healthy and yummy. And I woke up today only up .2. So today is a DD and so far so good.

Yesterday, I ended up with over 13,000 steps and 13 flights of stairs. I mowed and reseeded and fertilized the lawn, ran some errands, and planted a dwarf rose for inside the house, hope it lives. Today after work I need to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things, then plant 3 small bushes, then make Honey the pasta with butternut and kale dinner. Wednesday's dinner will be stuffed peppers.

Our board arrives tonight and meetings start tomorrow. We have lunch with the board, then they will go upstairs and discuss our fate.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thinking about you. Keep us updated....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Alright so they have a quorum apparently, about half of the board members are here. They are upstairs, so I am not being bothered until their break.

So yesterday was a very reasonable DD. I did a bit of tasting of the mix I was making for Honey, but just the Kale bits, (Honey doesn't like the stems of the Kale, so that is what I ate) and really cannot call that cheating. I do have to remember to make it again though because it was fantastic. I put it over gnocchi for him, but I would eat it straight up as a side. It was roasted butternut cubes, chopped onion, and Kale sauteed in a butter/olive oil/coconut oil mix, and then tossed with my nutritional yeast mix (nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and Spike). The nutritional yeast mixed with the oils made a sort of sauce.

After work today I am going to do the gardening that I didn't do yesterday, plant a rose bush, a wintercreeper, and a pieris japonica. The only thing that will make that harder than it should be is that the rose and wintercreeper are going into a place where I am trying to get rid of nandina (false bamboo, and just as invasive). So I will have to dig that out before I can add the other.

Lunch with the board today is at 12:30, I don't see that they will tell me anything then. Since the archivist is included in most of the meetings (except of course the Executive committee that will actually make the decisions), I will find out some things. However she went in pretty agitated this morning so she will likely color all info through that lens.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I am fighting a running battle with Nandina, made the more difficult since Honey likes it. Traitor within the ranks!

Comment

• oh man, luckily ours took a major hit last winter. Unfortunately, I did not find out until after I cut it back that the best way to get rid of it is immediately upon cutting it to dab it with round-up concentrate not watered down. So all I did by cutting it to the ground was encourage its spread apparently. At our place it was mixed with golden cypress bushes, and the combo was nice, but Honey kept wanting me to trim the cypress close (it hung over a wall on our driveway edge), but I get a bad skin reaction when I come into contact with it, so I had it taken out. Then the nandina was left and was boring, but before I could do anything about it winter came fast and hard and really made it look bad. So I am putting in knock out roses there in different colors, and it is so much nicer, if I could just rid rid of the nandina!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Nandina is very well behaved over here and does not leave its spot. Sorry it is a thug for you guys.
                  Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I don't even know what Nandina is
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• there are actually a few varieties, it kind of looks like a relative of bamboo, but get red berry bunches like holly. The variety I have also travels aggressively like bamboo. It is in an area that is contained (a raised bricked in area next to the house) so it is not a huge problem, except it is not my favorite look,

http://easttexasgardening.tamu.edu/media/0044.jpg

especially as I had to lose the golden cypress that was under it

Chamaecyparis obtusa ‘Goldthread’Gasper Landscape Design & Construction
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• sorry double post
                        Last edited by demuralist; 10-23-2014, 07:53 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

So very happy. Boo got an internship in an engineering research lab.

No clue about my work though.
                          Last edited by demuralist; 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So the weight went up 1 pound, no biggie it was an UD, which makes today a DD. I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in a few weeks and they are snug. Not sure why, but I have decided I will wear them until bedtime as they will be a constant reminder not to put that food in my mouth!

The board is still here, one of us (the ones left working here) is actually attending most of the meetings, operative word is 'most'. So it will be interesting to see if anyone slips and says anything today that will give her a clue as to their plans.

A strange event yesterday..S (the one who is also attending the meetings) asked one of the new board members where she was from and the board member (who happens to be of Asian decent) took offense and refused to answer. The board member later went up to S and said she chose not to answer because she "just didn't know what to make of the question". So S said, "well you told me you were not from TCU as I thought, so I was wondering where you were from". But S spent the whole morning worrying about what it was that she had said to offend. It just added to the tension of the day.

We have company for dinner tomorrow night, so I will stop by the liqueur store on my way home to pick up fixings for a nice fall Sangria, then pickup my CSA -which should have some nice winter squash going on. Once I see what I get from that I will plan the menu and shop early tomorrow and spend the day cooking and the evening eating and drinking with friends.

Saturday morning I have a Pen and Ink drawing class-very excited and a bit nervous as I have not done any drawing in years. I had planned to take a drawing class at the beginning of the month but had a schedule conflict. But should be a fun weekend.

and Honey is dancing on a cloud since he heard about Boo getting the research position. Now all I have to do is get details out of Boo. It may not be until Thanksgiving until I can get him to talk.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• so I get to keep my job, for a while anyway. I may see a cut in my hours in the next few months though. It looks like we are going to focus on the archival part of our mission and minimize the research side for a while. That will allow us to go to 'by appointment' hours, which allows me to help in the stacks. This means we can do some serious de-accessioning which will give us the ability to close the last of our storage units. Which will of course save us a lot of money.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• p.s. I am started to get to where I am freezing on my DD's. It doesn't help that the weather has flipped and gotten chilly at night, but really the issue is day time. I am wearing a sweater at work and using a lap blanket as I knit a wool blanket at home and still just very very cold. On Tuesday, Honey even said he was on the verge of sweating when I complained of the cold. He may have just said that though thinking I was hinting for a fire in the fireplace.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X