No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the kids but what a great text from your daughter! I hope you enjoyed all of the weekend regardless Funny about the speed demon part. It sounds like y'all had fun this weekend!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I am feeling better today. Yesterday, after I got over the roller coaster of the kid emotions, I put Pandora on and started cleaning and 4 songs in a row were directly related to my dad. So I just said F it, sat down and cried it out. there, done, and went on with my business.

Today is a fasting day, I am actually happy for that. There are tons of leftovers for Honey to munch on today, and the kitchen is spotless so I am not inclined to go in there for anything.

I will likely go ahead and mow the lawn this morning, then maybe go to the farmer's market or do something creative. I really should do yard work, but it is supposed to rain today and be gorgeous tomorrow so I will put that off.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I love the story about you and DH. Leaves me feeling very happy

So glad you got a text from your girl. I hate having my kids gone for a night...I'm certain I'm going to be very sad when they move away in the very near future.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Cross post.

Amazing what a good cry will do for you
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sometimes all you need is a good cry. Glad you were able to get one

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• It is definitely a roller coaster of emotions, happy and proud at the high and quiet oh so quiet on the bottom. Ran into people last night who knew one or the other of my kids "when", who were excited to hear about their current adventures, so that was a very nice way to stop the roller coaster at the top.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yep, I am a cryer, and it definitely helps. My mom used to say she could rent me out to people who needed mourners at funerals, I think they actually used to do that in the middle ages.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Had a long lovely conversation with my daughter this afternoon and email exchanges with my son and hanging with my Honey right now watching a history documentary. Nice day to say the least.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yay

I'm supposed to be watching a moving with DH and middle son, but the movie is terrible, so I'm sitting in my office.............
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Honey was watching 60 minutes last night and it was about ISIS/beheadings/rapes/etc. That stuff gives me nightmares, so I went into the bedroom and played Words with Friends. the documentary was a Ken Burns one on the Roosevelts though, very good.

Dudla woke up with a rash and a swollen face this morning. The rash started yesterday, but was just a little on the back of her knees and one cheek. Not sure if she did what I suggested or not (benadryl type oral, cortisone type topical) but she will have to go to the doc today. This is the kind of time when I really wish she was here or I was there. Feel a little helpless. We did get to have a nice long talk yesterday, her Red Zone event went very well, she was interviewed for several news media outlets and all the articles were very positive. She had met with an adviser last week regarding her med school app and her next series of moves. This makes Honey very happy as she tends to use her friends as advisors, and there are really some very good resources she has access to and tends not to bother with, but he is happy with her current plan.

Boo is living the high life! He bought himself an antique gun yesterday. It is a Martini-Henry, British breech loading, single shot, black powder rifle, manufactured in 1887. He apparently has a bucket list of guns he would like to own and this one was on it. Since it is considered an antique he says that technically he can't shoot it. Anyway it is sitting with the university police department until he comes home for fall break. He and his buddies then went for a hike in the Smokies.

Today the weather promises to be beautiful, so I will spend it outside, mowing and planting. I had planned to start the treadmill/shovelglove routine today, but think I will just use the yard work as my workout. Unlike doc, my chores do push me to my limits!

So a friend invited me to join a group on Facebook that is essentially a garage sale (this thing is seriously addicting-like a treasure hunt but you are racing to the prize hoping to beat everyone else to post "interested"). And on Saturday I bought 2 very large (3'x2') pots for my porch. Now these are the sorts of things I generally keep from Honey until they are in place. He plays along and doesn't notice things. However, in order to get these things into my car I actually had to roll them because they are so darn heavy. So I am not sure how I am going to get them up the stairs to the porch. May be a chore that waits till Boo gets home for fall break.

p.s. today is a non-fasting day
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like a beautiful weekend. Funny about hiding the pots from hubby. I really wish I had my land and house so I had outside chores for a workout. I am over living in a complex!

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• yes, well the grass is always greener so to speak. I would like to be done with the lawn, though a small landscapable patch would be nice to keep.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Well this is exciting and sad at the same time. I am within .4 of my recent low after my first DD for the week. That would be the exciting part. The sad part is I leave for Florida Wednesday so I will be off plan for a week. Oh well. I am in no hurry I am the tortoise of weight loss. I will win the race.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• That's what I feel like - as soon as I get close, there's a vacation or something else that slightly derails me.

But, put on a shirt I haven't worn in a few weeks. It's getting loose in a few spots. Sometimes, the scale doesn't show everything.

Florida sounds so fun! What are the plans for this trip?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Well I will be taking mom to the doc on Thursday I want to hear what he has to say and ask a few questions. Then we are going to go watch my nephew play some football. Then I need to finish her bar top and desk top. And I want to build her a table of sorts to put a raised veggie bed so she can garden without getting on her hands and knees. I also want to do some thrifting just for fun
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X