No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't always have much to comment, but I always feel a sense of peace, calm, and happiness when I read your journal. I wish you could infuse more of that into me
    -- Ruth

Comment

• that is an interesting comment. made me smile.

At the wedding we were chatting with Boo's roommate's parents, telling each other the stories we knew, which filled in the blanks for each other. His dad said several times in different ways that I didn't need to worry about Boo that he was doing great and that kids like ours make great decisions when they are left to make them. And I thought what the heck is he picking up on that makes him think I worry any more than a normal mom?

And I sort of wonder the same thing about your comment, though I take yours as a compliment, wonder what it is that makes you sense peace, calm, and happiness (which I must say is much more in line with my personal beliefs about myself than the worrier that the roomie's Dad made me out to be). Thanks. I really think it is a memory thing though, I don't have a very good memory for the bad stuff but seem to have a pretty good memory for the good stuff.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• When people say things like that, I often wonder if they are reflecting back their own emotions. I try (not always successful) to remember that when people are being mean, they are often reflecting their inner turmoil and it needs to come out.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I don't think he was being mean, I think he was reflecting back his own personal philosophy, I think he honestly thought/thinks that I try to have too much input/influence with Boo's decisions. Now if that is likely because of his own prejudices, and they did raise 4 fantastic kids, or something I said or the way I said it, or even something Boo may have said, I don't know. I suspect that he doesn't realize how much input his wife has into their children's decisions. They, like us, have a divide and conquer type parenting style. Dad pretty much leads the cavalry on the fun stuff and adventures and mom is very heavily involved in day to day life and schooling and such. So somehow his/their involvement must be perceived as encouragement and mine as being a nibshit. Obviously my view is that their involvement is very encouraging, and worked very well for them. I believe our style was just as encouraging and I think that the fact that we have 2 fantastic kids proves that is true. He is a bit of an odd bird, so I don't take much of what he says seriously, love his wife though - she and I have worked on many PTO projects at the various schools together over the years.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Scary about your Honey's woes, especially the general blockage theme, and SUPER-especially that he hasn't been telling you about some of it! Men! What's up with that?

Shovelglove is exercises done with a sledgehammer. If you go to shovelgloveDOTcom, there is a simple page describing its genesis and some basic exercises to do.

Comment

• I looked it up and it does look very interesting. I may have to try that, my sledge hammer is not doing much of anything else. I think I will do that though as my 20 second bursts since it will definitely raise my heart rate, and at the moment I feel certain that I would not get near to 14 minutes!

So weight this morning 246, that is up 5 pounds in 4 days and there in lies the reason I have to do a 4:3 and not a 5:2, on the 4th day I pig out. I don't eat a massive quantity as would normally be my way, I just can't seem to stop eating all day long. Today is, happily, a down day. I plan to do all liquids. I do have to go get the ring sized after work, so I won't be home until my witching hour is over. I plan to do my coconut milk with protein powder, and probably an iced decaf as well. The hubs will be getting a spinach salad and pasta, no leftovers.

I am groggy today again. Not sure what is going on. My right eye has been bothering me, it looks normal, but the vision is a bit blurry and it is sensitive to sunlight-not electric, just sun-weird.

I did quite a bit of yard work yesterday-5 plants in, heavy pruning of lavender, tons of weeds out, babied the magnolia. Butt and thighs are sore from the work. Today when I get home, I need to transplant 2 plants that are not happy in their current location before they totally die.

Work is, well I am here so you know, same ole boring shit.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• That last line made me giggle.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• oh what fun to have a yard and get to play in it! At least you know why the up on the scale. Chances are it will go down fairly easily.

Even my work was a little boring today and this was my day with EBD kiddos which is rarely boring
                    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I do enjoy doing the landscaping part of the yard work, I am less enamored with the lawn part, we are right on the edge of the line between where cold season grass wants to grow and warm season grass wants to grow, as a consequence neither grows well.

I am down to less than an hour, yeah!!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Hooray!

I'm on my last conference call of the day and then I'm calling myself done for day!!!!!!!!!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• you are on a conference call?

Yeah for being done for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• It used to be the story of my life. Now, I take only a few. If I'm going to keep to 20 hours, I have to pick and choose.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I was smiling at the fact that you were "on" a conference call while you were "on" MDA.

So you are managing to stick to 20? Good for you!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Oh, yeah A lot of times, I'm not fully engaged. If it's serious, then I work and only work. But, most of them are a waste of my time, but for some reason, they want me on there.

I've yet to work a week over 20. Well, this week will technically be over 20, but I'll be truthful, last week was not 20. So, it will even out....
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X