No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know. I would have guessed later in a semester but I wonder if the issue is that initial burst of independence comes before savvy and muddles the sense of responsibility. Not sure what the stats say exactly but would be interested.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• There have been 4 rapes/attempted rapes just in the last few weeks here. All of them strangers, not date rapes. It's sad.
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• 3 "assaults" on UTK campus since school started - 2 knew the assailant 3rd fought off successfully a person she didn't know.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• There is a series of books I read (devour is more like, live in, inhabit for months at a time..but I digress) and there is an underlying discussion of how unsafe women are. The books are set primarily in the 18th century Scotland and America but it seems little has changed.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
            There is a series of books I read (devour is more like, live in, inhabit for months at a time..but I digress) and there is an underlying discussion of how unsafe women are. The books are set primarily in the 18th century Scotland and America but it seems little has changed.
            Who wrote them?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I think that the reason nothing has changed is partially precisely because of the idea that women are unsafe. Rape is not in any way shape or form a sexual act. Rapists attack old women and babies, men and boys, as well as college coeds and it is not the victims fault. Incapacitation is not consent, neither is anything that you wear or don't wear. The only thing that is consent is consent. It can't possibly change until it becomes a truly punishable offense in which it is the perpetrator who is the one who is punished and whose life is destroyed and not the victims.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Who wrote them?

Diana Gabaldon. The Outlander Series. Starz actually just picked it up as a series but I haven't seen it as I don't have Starz. I have been reading since I was very very very young. I have read all kinds of books and I honestly can say these are the best books I have ever read. She is an amazing author.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  I think that the reason nothing has changed is partially precisely because of the idea that women are unsafe. Rape is not in any way shape or form a sexual act. Rapists attack old women and babies, men and boys, as well as college coeds and it is not the victims fault. Incapacitation is not consent, neither is anything that you wear or don't wear. The only thing that is consent is consent. It can't possibly change until it becomes a truly punishable offense in which it is the perpetrator who is the one who is punished and whose life is destroyed and not the victims.
                  It is not the victims fault! Exactly. People are so screwed up to blame the victim. Obviously they are doing something wrong if they are raped. How infuriating.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                    Diana Gabaldon. The Outlander Series. Starz actually just picked it up as a series but I haven't seen it as I don't have Starz. I have been reading since I was very very very young. I have read all kinds of books and I honestly can say these are the best books I have ever read. She is an amazing author.
                    I thought so. Ive read most of her work. Pretty interesting series.

Comment

• The abuse that the victim from Vanderbilt had to endure when she was raped by a couple of the football players was disgusting. She was unconscious! They literally carried her to the dorm. Personally I think she was drugged. She didn't even know and didn't report it they were caught on security tapes and with photos that they tweeted etc.

Agh. Ok on to something else.

http://m.tickld.com/x/21-actual-anal...says-8-is-gold
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        I thought so. Ive read most of her work. Pretty interesting series.

only most of it! How can you only read most/ I rearead them everytime a new one comes out, just finished the last one. Speaking of real men

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          The abuse that the victim from Vanderbilt had to endure when she was raped by a couple of the football players was disgusting. She was unconscious! They literally carried her to the dorm. Personally I think she was drugged. She didn't even know and didn't report it they were caught on security tapes and with photos that they tweeted etc.

Agh. Ok on to something else.

21 Actual Analogies Used By High School Students in English Essays. #8 Is Gold.
                          And you are probably right . But they are football players so its okay

Age 48
                          height 5'3
                          SW 215 lbs
                          LW 172 lbs
                          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• oh my gosh those analogies were funny....kids are a little scary sometimes

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• so yesterday was a non-fasting day. I was not horribly hungry, but I was craving something. Unfortunately I could not figure out what I was craving. So that essentially took me repeatedly into the kitchen to try to discern what it was I wanted. Every trip to the kitchen something went into my mouth. I never ate large quantities of anything that I chose, but it was pretty much food all day long. It finally stopped when I brushed my teeth for bed, but unsatisfied. Which worried me a bit since today is a fasting day. But as I lay down to sleep, and all the cares and worries and anxieties that visit me as I do that came into my mind (and yes this is a huge reason why I have so much trouble sleeping) I realized I had had virtually nothing to drink all day long. Well comparatively anyway. I had my morning iced coffee, then one around lunch time, and then Sangria at cocktail hour, then a tea at bed time. So actually basically 3 of the 30oz drinks where I usually have 6 of them. Lesson learned, again, if you think you are hungry it is a good idea to grab something to drink while you are looking for food.

I think I will spend part of today working on the basement again, it was such a sense of accomplishment when I dropped all that stuff off at the Goodwill station. Other than that, just housekeeping today.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I noticed i am not consistently drinking enough myself..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X