No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of us have had long years of practice at being wiseacres.... Which in no shape or form translate to true wisdom...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      Some of us have had long years of practice at being wiseacres.... Which in no shape or form translate to true wisdom...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Oh, I dunno, I think studies have shown you have to be pretty smart to be funny, of course practice never hurts. I have a few friends who are songwriters and conversations with them are fascinating, their quickness and turn of phrase are amazing.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        Oh, I dunno, I think studies have shown you have to be pretty smart to be funny, of course practice never hurts. I have a few friends who are songwriters and conversations with them are fascinating, their quickness and turn of phrase are amazing.
        eh, you have a point... maybe that is one of th reasons we are called smart-asses....

Comment

• I love smart-asses, I have raised one! I am told by his friends and acquaintances that my son is the person to sit next to in a meeting as he has many very clever comments that you can only catch if you are sitting nearby.

243.8 this matches my low, and after an up day. Today is a fast day but I am feeling lightheaded and a bit queasy, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will pass.

I had such a strange dream last night. I was on a college campus with my mom and my sis. We must have been there for some kind of conference or something as we were staying in a nice dorm room. Anyway, we are carrying our stuff down to the car, and mom and sis tell me to go ahead and take my shower and they will finish getting every thing into the car. But when I get out of the shower, they have packed everything and left me nothing to wear, as well as taken my purse and phone (we are all a bit ditsy in this kind of way so this is not out of the realm of reality). I don't know anyone's phone number by heart so could not use the room phone to call. So I wrapped myself up in a towel and went to go to the car.

But I can't find the parking lot. So I am walking around the campus in a towel trying to find the car. I eventually find an open building with a giant 'you are here' map, and some housekeeping staff were there to help, but I didn't know the names of any of the buildings or, of course, the lot, so I couldn't find it on the map.

I don't know if I woke up then or if I just don't remember the rest of the dream, though I do remember what the inside of the car looked like as I leaned in from the driver's side talking to mom and sis sitting inside. Weird!

The important things that I do remember from the dream are that we are all our current ages, and that my mom is walking around without a walker or cane and is in fact helping carry luggage and such. Sis is doing the same so her back is all better. I am also, but the really important part here is that I am at my goal weight. I see myself several times through out the dream (in the mirror, reflections in windows, etc) at my goal weight, and I am not taken aback by it, it is a perfectly normal thing for me to see me at goal weight. It is the first time in recent memory that I have so clearly seen myself in a dream at my goal weight. I feel like this is a very good omen as I think it means that my sub-conscious now sees me as a normal weight fit person. I feel elated (though tired-that was a lot of walking!) this morning.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It IS a good omen. I'm pretty confident you are going to get there. You have found something that is working with your life, both when your kids are home and when they are not.

I am often down after a non-fasting down. It is rather baffling, but as long as the trend is down, I take it as a good sign
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks! It is always interesting to me how little relationship the number on the scale in the morning has to the kind of day I had the day before. Yesterday, I came home from work starving and craving oats (weird right?), so I had a bowl of cereal (among other things! I got some serious calories in don't you worry) when I walked in the door. Then I was stuffed. So I didn't end up eating dinner, but I had a cup of iced coffee with cream and coconut milk, as well as another cup of iced tea.

Too tired to fulfill my wish to get on the treadmill, so I didn't. I am going to focus on doing the treadmill on my days off, and doing the 3/20 second bursts on Monday and Friday for now. Once the weather gets nicer, Honey and I will start evening walks.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

... I feel like this is a very good omen as I think it means that my sub-conscious now sees me as a normal weight fit person...
                Wonderful!

My dream last night was not so intriguing. I was at McDonald's, ordering a Big Mac and a Filet-o-Fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Wonderful!

My dream last night was not so intriguing. I was at McDonald's, ordering a Big Mac and a Filet-o-Fish.
                  that is hilarious!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• ok, so, I forgot to mention that Dudla called yesterday afternoon with some exciting news...The professor she is working for in the lab has asked that if she doesn't get into Medical school that she please consider, as her plan B, going for her PhD in his lab. She is over the top excited, and this has made my Honey very happy. She would actually get a stipend and thus still end up with no college debt. She could also go for the PhD and at the end of it overlap some of the Medical school requirements and thus end up with a PhD and an MD in approximately the same amount of time she has set aside for the ME degree. In this case she would likely end up doing what I suspected she would do all along, become a college professor. So you see, mama knows best
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• -- Ruth

Comment

• I love the dream and your interpretation! You are a healthy beautiful woman and the inside you knows it!
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Val that is a very sweet thing to say. Thanks so much!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• How cool for Dudla. And she's been doing such great work on that campus with Sex Week, it would be neat for her to stay and be involved or observe how it develops.

Comment

• Oh Sabine, I totally agree, and you are so very sweet to say so. This year they are actually working on bringing year round (well academic year) programming to campus. One of the things they are working on is to shift focus from victim blaming to perpetrator responsibility. They are pushing for a mandatory class to be added to freshman orientation (not just making the campus safer but also teaching the guys not to rape-did you know that over in 90% of campus rapes the victim knew the rapist) as well as various other activities like seminars and lectures. Yep, it keeps her busy!

So this morning....241.8 new low, and oh so close to dropping into the next decade. Not sure why that seems such a big deal but every time I get to drop into the new decade it feels enormous. And when I hit 239.8 it will be 50 pounds down-very exciting!!! I hit my high weight of 289.8 the last day of March 2011. Lost the first 20, doing low carb, by the time I joined MDA 8/20/11, and have been bouncing around every since.

But I can feel that this is it. It is enough of a change to push the scale down, but not so much of a change that I cannot sustain it. Feeling very happy.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

They are pushing for a mandatory class to be added to freshman orientation (not just making the campus safer but also teaching the guys not to rape-did you know that over in 90% of campus rapes the victim knew the rapist) as well as various other activities like seminars and lectures.
                                Could you perhaps suggest they focus on teaching rapists not to rape. Men are not the only rapists in the world and the vast majority of men do not need to be taught not to rape. It is frankly sexist and insulting to force a mandatory 'do not rape you silly men' class on people.

As to your other news, woot woot! Almost down 50 pounds?! That is great Yay for new lows.

Comment

Working...
                                X