No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, luckily, the truffles were very popular at the party, and I was helping with the party, so I didn't get tot the food table till the whole thing was over. I had actually made them a couple of weeks ago, and froze them, then thawed and plated for the party. They were all gone by the time I got to the table. All that was left when I went to clean up were tiny chicken salad sandwiches, and lots of fruit. All the cake balls and truffles were gone, the plates looked like they had been licked clean, not even crumbs left!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am not what one would usually refer to as cultured, so it is now acceptable to lick plates at functions like these? Windows I can understand given that the snozzberries do indeed taste like snozzberries, but I am unclear on the ettiquette surrounding china and the like.

Glad to hear your dessert making skills were appreciated.

Comment

• I am no Emily Post, so I can't give you a definitive answer on that one. I suspect there may have been some finger pressing against the crumbs on the china while the gifts were being opened though.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Is it bad that I'm wanting some of your amazing baked goods when I finally get to the point of visiting you?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• well, if you can manage to synchronize your visit with the most possible Up Days, I think it can be arranged, though it will likely push the limits of "eat what you want".. Don't you have a problem with flour though?

I think you should teach your boys to make truffles. They were so very easy, and could easily be GF, and with the nuts and the Dark chocolate, in moderation, actually good for you. I pinned the ones I did in my Nutella board on Pinterest, and mine actually looked just like the picture.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I'm gluten intolerant, but sometimes, I have a small indulgence. The good news is that I usually stop after one or two heavenly bites

Will go find your Nutella board and take a look at those
              -- Ruth

Comment

• well the good news on the cake balls is that they are very rich and one or 2 are very satisfying. This does not mean that is where I stop mind you!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  I am not what one would usually refer to as cultured, so it is now acceptable to lick plates at functions like these? Windows I can understand given that the snozzberries do indeed taste like snozzberries, but I am unclear on the ettiquette surrounding china and the like.

Glad to hear your dessert making skills were appreciated.
                  My understanding is that those commies in china don't appreciate being licked.... particularly by capitalist American dogs....

and licking glasses is acceptable.... how else do you get the whisky out of the bottom of the shot glass? If you are truly talented, you can get the beer out of the bottom of a pilsner glass, or wag a magnum bottle with your tongue...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    If you are truly talented, you can get the beer out of the bottom of a pilsner glass, or wag a magnum bottle with your tongue...

I'm far too much of a gentleman to tell tales of what I do with my tongue, though now I want to go find a pilsner glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      I'm far too much of a gentleman to tell tales of what I do with my tongue, though now I want to go find a pilsner glass.
                      I never claimd to be a gentleman.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        My understanding is that those commies in china don't appreciate being licked.... particularly by capitalist American dogs....

and licking glasses is acceptable.... how else do you get the whisky out of the bottom of the shot glass? If you are truly talented, you can get the beer out of the bottom of a pilsner glass, or wag a magnum bottle with your tongue...

ahahahaa, shit, almost spit out my coffee. I have got to remember to swallow before I read a comment from one of you guys.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Congrats on the weight! That is amazing. Especially with all the socializing. That always does me in just because I am not as vigilant. You are doing it chickie!
                          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                          height 5'3
                          SW 215 lbs
                          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                          LW 172 lbs
                          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Nice way to start the morning with a great laugh
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Our MDA boys are sooo much fun.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks Val! this morning 244.4, .6 from my recent low, so hopefully get back there by the end of next week at the latest. My fast yesterday was not my best. I found a can of Wasabi peas that Dudla forgot. Now usually I can only eat about 5 of these bad boys before I can't take any more of the heat, and they do a nice job of killing the need to crunch, plus the spiciness kills the need for more flavor. But last night, I managed to finish the can, no more than a serving was left in the can, but it has enough calories that it took me over. Not too badly, but the lesson is to check on the calories before I put it into my mouth!

I am very grateful for the support I get from my MDA friends as well as the laughs and grins I get. Though I have to admit to being a bit jealous of the clever turn of thought that the MDA boys manage to come up with!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X