No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing about the whole 3 dresses thing is that this family is all into "greening" it (the mom-my BFF- has hinted to me that using paper towels is kind of wasteful-I hinted back that it was more sanitary), and honestly don't have much disposable income. At the same time my friend who just visited has a son who is getting married. Both of those families are VERY comfortable. 1 dress, 1 reception, 1 couples shower, the brides parents just wrote a check and said this is how much we are willing to kick in, if you go over it is on you, so their whole affair will cost less than the family with way less money. weird stuff.

I will be wearing a surgical mask for the dipping! And I don't have any extras to be munching on! And Honey went to work so I don't have to fight him off of them, so it is all good!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Funny how we don't see our own hypocrisy I am just as guilty so trying not to throw stones.
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I am sure I have plenty of my own

so finished dipping them all, did not eat a single one, no "testing the chocolate" either! And I didn't even have my surgical mask, I have run out, so I did it all just with will power. Well actually just reminding myself not to do it. Certain this would not work between 2:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon (my witching hour), but it worked at 9 to 10 am.

4 dozen for the party, 1 dozen for dinner we are going to next week, and 4 left for Honey when he gets home from work.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You go, girl! Very proud of you. Not sure I could do that

Wealthy people are often somewhat frugal. I'm not wealthy, but my husband and I are fairly secure. People (including my kids) always comment on my husband and my spending habits. We started out with a lot of debt and have never had any help (in fact, we help everyone else). But, we don't have cable. We're not crazy couponers, but we use them when we have them. We watch for sales. We save up and pay cash. We have no debt. We do try to buy quality, though, where it matters and cheap stuff where it doesn't. Then people comment about it. Well, one of the reasons we don't have debt (aside from delaying starting our family) is because we do make choices (including sacrifices) about what to spend on.

All that wedding stuff. Wow. We'll give our boys some money and then they and their bride will be responsible for the rest. I've never heard of all that stuff!!!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• My Honey makes pretty decent money, but he has worked 12 hour days, 6 to 7 days a week the entire time we have been married. Most of our vacations have been family visits or around work trips for him. We are like you, sacrifices are made to stay out of debt. Not so much sacrifice that we don't enjoy life. But lots of thrifting of quality stuff.

I dearly hope my daughter doesn't go for this type of over the top stuff for her wedding. Truly it would be a major 180 from her current personality and general attitude.

Now, having said that, it was a lovely afternoon. I took the cake bites and Nutella Truffles and got them a copy of a bread baking cookbook and gave them a copy of their favorite recipes of mine.

I also ordered the gift for the lingerie shower (it is a Snow White PJ set, long story but she is into Disney princesses). And ordered her wedding gift (ice cream attachment for her Kitchenaid stand mixer).

On a final personal note... I have apparently lost just enough weight for people to start noticing. I got multiple comments on how good I look. Ego stroke is always nice.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• weight holding steady. I have a lunch date with my old boss, so excited to see her. Then tomorrow I am back on the fasting wagon.

Something came up yesterday in my Facebook feed about ginger. Not sure why I stopped drinking the ginger tea, but if any of the claims are legit, I need to get back on that band wagon as well. I will buy myself a nice plump piece of ginger today and get to it. Can't hurt.

the rest of today is basically house keeping. bleh
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Yeah. Housekeeping. Bleh. I really need to get along my baseboards. Extra bleh
                -- Ruth

Comment

• when I get that "gotta start on the baseboards" feeling I end up going crazy. I pull out all the vacuum attachments and start at the ceiling, do the fan, the walls, the baseboards, all the furniture, and finally the floors. It usually takes most of the day, and that room ends up being spotless. Of course it was such a huge chore that I don't do another room for quite a while. So at any given point in time, I usually have one room that is spotless, and all the other rooms are in some degree of decline. Except for the bathrooms and the kitchen, which I seem to be constantly cleaning!

forgot to mention that I start back on the treadmill today, and my "movement" plan includes doing a version of HIIT (the version for people who are not fit). I am going to get on the treadmill, then at the 10 minute mark, I am going to do 20 seconds as hard as I can on the mini stair climber I have, then back on the treadmill for another 10, and then the second 20 second burst, then back on the treadmill for the last 10, and then the third and final 20 second burst. I plan to do this on Mondays and Fridays. The rest of the week just the treadmill and an effort to get to the 10,000 daily steps that I have not seemed able to maintain for any length of time.

This program, of course, will be happening alongside, and not instead of, my 4:3 eating plan.

Compliments are motivating, sad but true, it appears I do need some form of external motivation.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• With all the bending, lifting, stretching , walking you do with cleaning, im not sure why you need a treadmill!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• We all are motivated by compliments!

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        With all the bending, lifting, stretching , walking you do with cleaning, im not sure why you need a treadmill!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                        ah well, if I did that every day, or even most days, I wouldn't need a treadmill. It is not that common for me to go that crazy! I don't do it more than once a week, once a month more likely.
                        Last edited by demuralist; 08-25-2014, 09:19 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                          We all are motivated by compliments!
                          up to this point I have been wondering if I am the only one who can tell I am getting smaller. Luckily the way I eat now is easy enough to stick to to a degree that it works without feeling like a chore or that I have had to totally change who I am to get any results at all. The compliments have motivated me to add the movement now.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• That's all that matters..just keep movning

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• ok, so after 5 days of social events, which included my home made red velvet cake balls and Nutella truffles, I am at 245.8, the last weight I posted was 247. I am going to call that a fantastically successful week! Had fun and didn't gain! Today is a fast day. So far so good. Of course I am at work. I have an errand to run after work so that should take me past the witching hour, and life will be smooth sailing from there.

Yesterday I started drinking a cup of fresh ginger tea. It is lovely, I am drinking it iced. I just grated about a tablespoon of the fresh stuff into about 2 cups of good water and boiled it for 10 minutes. Strained it over ice, added a bit of lemon and stevia and YUM!!! Recipes suggest honey, but I don't care that much for the flavor of honey.

I also started the treadmill and the three 20 second bursts. I probably need to push myself harder for the bursts to be totally effective. On the other hand, it is more than I was doing before so it has to help right? And it only added about 2 minutes to my treadmill walk.

Tonight I need to see if I can't motivate myself to take a stroll after dark. That may have to wait until the weather breaks though. I would like to start a nightly walk with Honey. He would be up for it too, once it gets cooler and dark earlier.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                I am at 245.8, the last weight I posted was 247. I am going to call that a fantastically successful week!
                                Very nicely done indeed. I am pretty sure I would have fallen face first into those truffles.

Comment

Working...
                                X