No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little reminder to myself that slow and steady wins the race....I hit my high weight on May 31st, 2010. It was 289.8. So in just a little over 4 years I have lost 40 pounds. Would I have liked it to go faster, well of course. Do I believe I have found the way to continue the progress and then maintain it, well yes. Am I feeling pretty good about all of this, oh hell yes!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sometimes the long term perspective (and looking at how far we've come vs. how far we think we have left) is so helpful and and gratifying. Congrats on your success!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• thanks, this was definitely a way for me to back up and see the forest, when all I was looking at was a very close up view of bark (not even seeing the trees :roll eyes focusing on the day to day had a much less satisfying feel until I saw the big picture.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 247 up .4 after what was supposed to be a fast day but instead was a lesson to be learned. My activity yesterday reinforced what I already knew, once I start eating it is hard to stop, much easier to just do a smoothie and call it a day.

I was cooking yesterday for our concert picnic tonight. Had to taste the various dishes to be sure they were ok. I did really only taste for flavor, did not go crazy and make a meal out of it. However, then as I was making Honey's dinner, the voice was telling me I had already blown the fast I might as well eat, so I did. Again not a huge amount and definitely smaller than a normal dinner, but I ate. Then as I was finishing my last bite, the voice starts in...you know you didn't really bust the fast, you should have bypassed 'dinner', you weren't that hungry, etc. Sad little voice. I need to get it to stop. It is not a big deal that I ate, and again I can use it as a learning experience, but I have got to figure out how to get rid of the voice.

Still managing the treadmill every day (except the days I work I will take a 30 minute walk instead, I am not good at waking up for exercise-at least not that kind!), so I will do that this morning, then to pick up Boo from camp, then clean up the house, then off to the concert.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Well not really sure what is wrong with me right now. I feel mildly irritated and a bit sad but there really isn't a good reason for it. It is sort of a general dissatisfaction with things right now. Just a few things piling up I guess. Nothing I have not already mentioned.
            - the whole no sex thing
            -the job situation
            -the bridal shower for BFF's daughter
            -not actually having someone to chat with right now
            -f'ing TTOM

This all feels rather small petty and foolish right now which actually makes me feel worse. Shit

Sorry I thought if I wrote it down I could let it go but it seems to have had the opposite effect.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I am sorry that you are feeling down. A build up of "small" irritations can be as hard as some big ones.

That said, some of those are not small. IMO
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you. I think that what my issue is that currently I don't feel like I am in control of my time and energy. I am being pulled to do things I don't love, not doing much that I do love, and feeling a strong need for human and physical contact. I also feel like I cannot currently do much to change that. Somehow getting to be with mom and sis for a week sort of brought it to the forefront. In conversations since I got back, I have caught myself talking about Florida as home. I have set tomorrow aside to do some gardening and that should give me a chance to think about ways to pull the situation more to my liking. (p.s.even my gardening right now is not so much doing things I enjoy as it is trying to figure out how to repair from winter damage and protect from potential August damage).

OK enough of that. 247.4 up .4 after an up day. I am going to do a fast day today. Lots of tea and a nutrient dense smoothie. There are a lot of leftovers from yesterday so I have no need to make dinner for the boys.

Off to get ready for the Youth group reunion.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Argh. Icing on the finger goes in the mouth then I gotta have a piece. Then needed a sandwich to cut the sweet taste in my mouth. Long story short.... tomorrow is the fast day.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Sorry post duplicated
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• so even with all of yesterday's transgressions I remained the same weight, 247.4, so I am happy about that. Today is my fast day.

I have a ton of piddly things I want to do today.

I want to finish my standing desk for the house, it just needs 2 support posts.
                      I want to get the photos off of my old computer and saved onto the new one.
                      I want to do some painting on the backgammon board for BFF
                      I want to spread the rest of the pine mulch
                      And of course the ever present laundry, and the treadmill.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        so even with all of yesterday's transgressions I remained the same weight, 247.4, so I am happy about that. Today is my fast day.

I have a ton of piddly things I want to do today.

I want to finish my standing desk for the house, it just needs 2 support posts.
                        I want to get the photos off of my old computer and saved onto the new one.
                        I want to do some painting on the backgammon board for BFF
                        I want to spread the rest of the pine mulch
                        And of course the ever present laundry, and the treadmill.
                        Which of these is your "fun thing" to do? When I am in a funk, I will quickly do the urgent things and then say " everybody take care of yourselves" and go hide and find something I like to do. Maybe start a load of laundry and go putter in the garden. Spreading pine mulch can count towards treadmill if you make enough trips back and forth. Throw clothes in dryer or and quickly hang and then enjoy some paint time. Really focus on what you enjoy and claim back your happiness. I have a mental list of the little things I enjoy and really try to do them. For me, I love the outdoor summer concerts, puttering in the gardens, swimming and throwing pottery. I have been doing most of these daily this summer and have been so much better for it.

Comment

• Thanks, I am starting to feel like myself again, I don't hold negative emotions for very long.

Part of what makes me happy is getting to do what I want, and actually getting to accomplish this list will make me happy. Though they may not seem fun for the most part, part of my issues are that I have been doing things for others and not getting to do my stuff. This list is all about the things I want to accomplish today. Weather is beautiful outside so I will likely spend more time out piddling around in the garden.

After yesterday's CYF reunion I am done with the renovation project, which really has been a huge stress and very time consuming. Now I just have to get through helping with the shower and I can look to see what it is I want to spend my time on. I am thinking I will join the handbell choir at church, it is a great group of people, it is only one night a week, basically on my way home from work on a night I would be fasting so it would actually be helpful in that regard, there is no "homework" and they play in church services about once a quarter. So not too much of a time commitment, and it keeps me connected to real life humans (as opposed to just social media) that I like.

I have gotten most of what I want off of the old computer, and in the process found some photos I had been looking for. Some were Boo's senior pics, and some were the photos I wanted to use to paint the palm trees onto the backgammon board, so that makes me very happy. I will stop on the way home tomorrow and have them printed.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• 246.4 down a pound after a very successful fast day, however I forgot to take any of my meds. Oh well, I can't always be perfect!

Working today, tedious to say the least. It is funny though that we are having a lot of requests for tours and visits, more since we have re-opened than all of the rest of the year! Weird.

I am going to stop at a new farmer's market on the way home, then to the post office to pick up my fitbit replacement-it stopped tracking my steps, and since it is a pedometer that is less than 6 months old, I had them send me a new one.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• congrats on the down-ness, of the weight variety...

Comment

• 245.8 down .8 after a non-fasting day, now that is a surprise. I actually felt stuffed yesterday after I had eaten, like I had over eaten. weird. happy weird, but still weird. Today is a fasting day.

Tomorrow I go to pick up Dudla, we will eat at an amazing sushi restaurant, spend the night, then I will drive her to take her MCAT, then we will come back home.

I think move in day is the 13th or 14th. So she will be home for 2 weeks then back she goes, as well as Boo, and we are back to empty nesting. Still don't care for it, I enjoy their company, and having sex all over the house never materialized. I'll get over it eventually I suppose.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X