No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad for you (and the hours sound really good). That does really suck for your boss. Let's hope that something amazing is waiting for her and her family.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and at least in my life, every situation like this has turned out better than if it had not happened, but it is still heart breaking. I feel very guilty, even though it is not my fault, and I actually tried to talk them into Kristin instead of me (we won't tell the hubs that though).
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What an awesome person you are.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

You are very sweet.

I had a long conversation with my honey and ended up admitting that I essentially tried to talk them into her instead of me, between sobs, and horrible I feel. He asked me to send him her resume and basically write a sort of recommendation. Don't know what he can do but it can't hurt.

No surprise here I can't sleep.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            You are very sweet.

I had a long conversation with my honey and ended up admitting that I essentially tried to talk them into her instead of me, between sobs, and horrible I feel. He asked me to send him her resume and basically write a sort of recommendation. Don't know what he can do but it can't hurt.

No surprise here I can't sleep.
            I wish I could sleep at night.... but my boss frowns on sleeping on the job....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              I can see how your boss might think that sleeping would interfere with your performance.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                I can see how your boss might think that sleeping would interfere with your performance.
                Which boss, the home or the work boss....

Comment

• And then up early, but because sis forgets that I am an hour earlier than she is, she texted me a beautiful photo of the sunrise on the beach. I forgive her for wanting to share something we would have done together if I was there.

248.8 up just .4 after a non-fasting day. I will take it. I ate a lot (mostly fresh fruit and dried figs) and did not honor my eating window (had a small Java Chiller from Sonic when I picked Boo up from camp-the trip to Sonic is kind of a tradition on the way home from camp though I could have skipped getting anything). I am going to use today as a non-fasting day to go to lunch with one of my BFF's.

I had planned on spending the morning killing weeds, but it is drizzling so that will have to be done another day. So I will spend the day making the spare room spotless, for company. Exciting.

Oh, and I started back on the treadmill yesterday, reading while I walk, and plan to do it on my days off. On the days I work I now have to take a 30 minute break, according to law. Apparently, my old boss was basically paying us for our break, new boss not so much, so now I have to go to work a half hour earlier to cover the time for my 30 minute break. Thanks you for watching out for me state government. I was ticked off but then on the way home I figured I would just walk during the break since I have no intention of going back to eating during the day now that I am mostly out of the habit.

At the beginning of the month, when I start back to work on my new schedule, I will also be switching my modified fasting days to Tuseday, Thursday, and either Saturday or more likely Sunday, since it is easier to cut to 500 calories on the days that I work.

Oh, not sure if I mentioned it yet, but this also means that I don't actually end up with the whole paid month off, so that sucks. Though I do only work one day next week and 2 days the week after that. Start back to 3 days a week the first week of August.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Which boss, the home or the work boss....
                    I think the home boss would be even more disappointed in your performance if you slept through it
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

I think the home boss would be even more disappointed in your performance if you slept through it
                      It wouldn't look too crash on the CV would it...

The law over here is you're meant to have a 20 minute break between the 4th and 5th hour, or it is where I work, but that's very open to interperation, you got to love gover(not so)mint laws....

Comment

• the thing is, that while I know that law was meant to protect people from being abused by their employers, the ones that would abuse their workers are not going to pay any attention to it. the kicker is, I guess that essentially I was getting paid for the 30 minutes with the old boss, because he often suggested I could go for a walk if I didn't want to get something to eat. So it wasn't that I was being denied a break, it was that I was getting paid to take one, if I didn't take it that was up to me.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

Actually it might improve my performance if I slept.... lol

Comment

true that

Comment

• Doc, I just reread the quote that you responded to, and realize that it didn't come out the way I meant it to...I meant to say the home boss would be more disappointed than the work boss, not that your performance was disappointing to begin with and would be more disappointing if you slept through it.

Got a fair amount of work done yesterday, mostly house keeping (blah), but lunch was very nice, loved being with BFF and we got the details of next weeks youth reunion that we are hosting taken care of.

250.6 up 1.6 after an up day. I am noticing that the further I go into this program the less my weight goes up after my up days, even though the last few up days I have felt like I was overeating, and most definitely not sticking to my eating window. So I think I am going to relax the eating window on up days until I hit a plateau, then I will have a little trick in my arsenal to punch it down.

Oh and now that my schedule has been changed, when I start back regularly the first week of August, I am going to switch my down days to Sun-Tues-Thurs. Which I think I will really like as long as I don't get too crazy having Friday and Saturday open. It should be easy to arrange social events around this.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 248.2 back down after a fast day that was not one of my best. I was tired, hungry, and started TTOM so I was irritated (still not sure why evolution has allowed us to continue to have to endure that if we can't procreate).

So sis just called, her boyfriend has been in a coma since Wednesday and his son is signing the papers to remove life support. Sis can't get over there because she did something to her back and she can't drive. Also, today would have been my parents 57th anniversary and she wants to be there for my mom (again not that she has any choice). Very sad morning.

well, she just texted to say he has passed and she can't talk.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X