Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    well here is an interesting bit of information, and a very good reason to keep stats over the long haul, since I signed up on the Fast Day forum on April 1st, I have lost 26.4 pounds, and average of .4 a week. It doesn't seem like much, except that it is going in the right direction. So it may take me a couple of years to get there, but this data encourages me to know that I will get there, even if I slip along the way.
    good job! 26.4 lbs ain't nothin to sneez at!

Comment

Well yes, but I happened to find one of the odd birds who actually wants it less than I do, WAY less, WAY WAY less. And a straight request, or anything like a hint or pass, more often than not gets a no. So after years of 'no's" it is less painful to the ego to just go without than to get a no thank you. This has been true all along, in the beginning of our relationship though (before we got married) I was working full time and going to school full time, so exhaustion kept my level of desire for those activities much closer to his, still higher, but reasonably close. Once I graduated, well that is when it became more pronounced. By then we were married and I was pregnant.

Sorry TMI there.
      My condolences? but I feel your pain....

Comment

• I'll echo the congrats on the 26, good effort, it may be slow, but that don't matter! Is there something that might work better than Clorox....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          I'll echo the congrats on the 26, good effort, it may be slow, but that don't matter! Is there something that might work better than Clorox....
          that is an excellent question. He is not swayed by anything that a "normal" man would consider sexy...high heels, LBD/all dolled up, negligee, etc. He prefers, well for lack of a better way to say it, the "real" me, natural and dressed down.

Just a very low libido, which I think now is exasperated by a sleep issue. He naps in the evening for at least 2 hours before he gets up to go to bed for 8 to 9 hours.

I am open to suggestions.

weight is up today, 251, after an up day, so no surprise. Today is a fasting day.

Slow and steady will win this race. If we go back to my high weight in April 2011 of 289, then it actually looks even better. I am going to call it 40 pounds in 3 years. Hoping that the benefit of slow is that 1. it stays off and 2. there will be less sagging skin.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            My condolences? but I feel your pain....
            thanks, yep I understand what men go through. Jokes of the type in which a woman "has a headache" really irritate me. On a positive note, I am the foil for my two best friends and they for me. When they complain about hubbies wanting it all the time, and I complain about "never" getting any, we can provide each other the opposite perspective.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That is hard, Chris. Not sure I could be so understanding. I'm glad you know it is not you.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks. Part of me feels the urge to have another conversation, and the other part of me feels like "not again, what is the point". Given I am not going to leave, I am not sure what other option I have than to be understanding.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

high heels, LBD/all dolled up, negligee, etc.
                  you keep talking like that, and I'm gonna start thinking impure thoughts.... but I'm used to those, as most of mine are....

Comment

• thanks doc, you made me smile!

So the weather here today has been beyond amazing. So I went and got a bunch of shrubs. I took the morning to clear a bed of weeds and grass, lay down some decent soil and just finished planting 4 roses and 2 winter creepers, and some pine straw around the whole thing. It looks fantastic! I have 10 more shrubs to plant today, but no more clearing, they are infill to make up for our harsh winter. Taking a short break now, then out to finish the task.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I'm always so impressed. I like my yard to look nice, but it's not anything I usually want to work on..........
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• The weather was too nice to stay inside and Home Depot had knock out roses on sale for $6.50 (about half price) and they had a ton of winter creepers at the same price ( I have been looking all over for these) and they had a Mountain fire Lilly which I have also been searching for. Then got a lilac just because. So I ended up with 16 shrubs to plant. And for 6 of them I had to create the bed I have been planning for a couple of years.

But it was actually chilly this morning when I started, very low humidity, wonderful. Of course the rose bed had to be in the sun so doing that was a bit hot but I got tons of vitamin D.

Which makes me wonder why I don't seem to get sunburned anymore. I don't look like I got any color at all. I am not trying to tan mind you, but I don't wear sunscreen because I really need the vitamin D and I don't look like I was out at all. Weird.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I don't burn much anymore either and with blonde hair and blue eyes, I used to turn day glow red. Not sure why but I've heard the same from many primal peeps. All I can say is
                          Last edited by Mud Flinger; 07-16-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

thanks doc, you made me smile!

So the weather here today has been beyond amazing. So I went and got a bunch of shrubs. I took the morning to clear a bed of weeds and grass, lay down some decent soil and just finished planting 4 roses and 2 winter creepers, and some pine straw around the whole thing. It looks fantastic! I have 10 more shrubs to plant today, but no more clearing, they are infill to make up for our harsh winter. Taking a short break now, then out to finish the task.
                            I guess that is better than laughing out loud.... glad I could contribute to your mirth levels... because low mirth is bad for the heart!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              I guess that is better than laughing out loud.... glad I could contribute to your mirth levels... because low mirth is bad for the heart!
                              nope not laugh out loud, just a happy grin, thanks. Yep high mirth much better than low mirth, in life I tend to be a pretty mirthful person.

248.4 down 2.6 after a fast day. Today and tomorrow are non-fasting days. I am switching out Friday for Saturday so I can go to lunch with a friend on Friday.

I have this app (free) on my phone called Happy Scales. What it does is sort of smooth out the weights creating a graph line of my true weight. I plots the weights that I input then it creates a line that it somehow determines is my true weight. It isn't an average so much, but after the first week it doesn't allow the true weight line to go all the way up to the high weights or let it go all the way down to the low weights. I like it, it helps me to let go of the day's number and to really see the trend.

So today, I need to kill a ton of weeds and lay down some pine straw-no digging today! I am waiting for them to tear down the house across the street so that I can gather the bricks to make a landscape border in my front yard, hopefully it will be in the fall. If I am lucky maybe I can catch then while they have a machine there and pay them a few bucks to haul them over.

I also need to go pick up my "first born son" (that is what he put in my calendar to let me know when to come!) from the camp he has been counseling for.

Then at 2pm, I have a meeting at work.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• So on the plus side, I got to keep my job, still 3 days a week but now T-W-Th, I went back to hourly and got to keep the same basic wage, but now have to work a 1/2 longer day because apparently the Federal govt requires a 30 minute break over a certain number of hours. Anyway, I guess it is a relief that I won't have to go look for another job.

On the minus side, they let my boss go, and it is really shitty timing for her. They actually need the money and her 3 year old has to have back surgery in October.

So I am relieved and pissed at the same time. Just sitting here crying.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X