No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, doc someone had to do it, so yes we had to suck it up and just go shopping😉

I love thrifting anyway, but getting to do it with sis (and/or mom) is just that much better.

We hit a bonanza! We love the bargain barn at the back of the Habitat for Humanities store. We found a bar stool that very nearly matches the one my mom already had, even has the same seat cushion material! $5!!! We sprayed then a dark teal, they look amazing.

Then We found 2 chairs that she can use as office chairs, they will need recovered but were also $5 each.

Then we found a wrought iron bar for $10! We are going to take it apart and paint the backing white, spray the iron black, and give it a new wood top which we will stain white and cover with poly.

I am also painting her hot tub white, it is currently that fake redwood, the white is giving it that beachy look, loving it!

Still achy, powering through it. After we finish painting today, we do hair. Busy day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oooh exciting finds!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah, I find good stuff, but not that good...........

How's mom doing?

How goes your daughter's studying for the MCAT?
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

I forgot I had some planting to help with as well. Did 3 containers (thriller, filler, spiller) and have one hibiscus to put in the ground since sis can't (she hurt her back so all of her tasks are upright) and of course mom can't yet either.

We have decided that from now on we will just go to that HforH barn, if they don't have it we will wait till they do, the prices are just too good and it has us spoiled.

Mom is doing much better, progresses daily. She is very determined. She has been walking around the house without a Walker or a cane.

Boo is doing the heavy lifting here, and lots of reading. Been 3 days since the tv has been on, of course he has his computer if he wants to watch something or play games.

Dudla has a study partner, so I think she is feeling better about it this time around. Plus she historically does better on standardized tests the second time around. She can technically take it as many times as she needs to, and for this Honey is willing to pay till she gets the score he thinks she should have.

Oh, hair will get done tomorrow, we are busy little bees with painting and planting today.
          Last edited by demuralist; 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well sis is in a crappy situation. I may have talked about this before but basically about 5 years ago she was casually dating Rick for about 6 weeks on weekends when he became very ill with a rare form of leukemia. He was rushed to the hospital unconscious. They kept him in a coma for 6 weeks to give him treatments he would not be able to handle if he was awake. No trust worthy family in town. So she ended up sort of being his nurse maid/advocate. And has been for all these years. He got a bit better for a while but now continues to get worse.

Now this forced this casual relationship into something much more than she ever wanted and had planned to end it once he got better. But he isn't getting better. He lives in a city over an hour away and is in the hospital as much as he is out.

It stresses her royally to have to go over there because it is a large city with 24/7 traffic. Both his house and the hospital are right in the thick of things.

The things she has done for him are unreal especially when you realize how casual the relationship was. From sterilizing his house each time before he comes home from the hospital, to changing dressings, to visiting him and having to wear full hasmat gear (she is claustrophobic so this is especially difficult) among many other things.

She has admitted that everything she does for him now, and the reason she stays with him at all, is because she feels guilty if she doesn't.

We just spent 2 hours, her talking, me listening, both crying. I so wish I could help her but honestly all I can do is listen. I am clueless on what else I can do. It is very upsetting all the way around.

Sorry for the downer, had to get it off my chest so I could sleep.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Wow. That is a really rough situation!! Prayers for your sis!!!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Wow..I can't imagine!! Ummm does HE see them as in a relationship?? Is he conscious?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

By conscious do you mean aware or awake? He is both. He says he doesn't want her to do these things out of guilt but at the same time plays on it. (He says if sis's daughter comes to town then she becomes more important than him-to which sis and I say "duh"- he also is complaining because she is doing all this stuff for mom without complaining, to which we also say "duh")

He actually is a nice enough guy, and when he is well enough to come over here is very helpful (he replaced the tile in mom's shower a couple of years ago, among other things)

I mean he can't help he is so sick (though he has allowed the docs to do a few things recently that seem to be making things worse and never questions their validity, does any research, or seeks a second opinion).

His mom lives in Arizona but is 'too anxious to fly' so she has not come to help take care of him or even visit but once for a week a couple of years ago. The woman is retired (sis is not) so she could come and help out, but he keeps making excuses for the woman.

Even my mom is trying to figure out how to help sis get out of this. Mom says she did this much for my dad the last 3 years or so of his life, but they had over 50 years in the bank so to speak.

It is a very bad situation. Basically we agree that if you told us that someone left their relationship when the partner was this sick we would think they were assholes. But now that she is living it we obviously would have a different point of view.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 07-08-2014, 07:04 PM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Just because your boyfriend is chronically ill, doesn't mean you can't break up. Doesn't make it easy to do, though.

I would say his complaints about her spending time with daughter and mother are reason enough.

And has his mom never heard of the train or bus? If she wanted to, she could come. She obviously doesn't, and the 'boyfriend' had just has obviously held tight to someone he can get to care for him. Now your sister needs to be obvious, too!

Rough situation. Good luck to her.

Comment

• That's really a hard one. I think that the guilt -- and the way people you know would look at you -- would be tough. I don't know your sister at all -- and this is easier said than done -- but am wondering if she can start putting her foot down and doing a little bit less and then start tapering off over time. Sigh. Really, that's rough.

How are you feeling?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

She has decided to seek professional help, she can get counseling for no charge through her work. This morning she is feeling more determined. The boyfriend could also go and stay with mom sis decided. Her thoughts this morning are that the whole family just shirked their responsibilities and they are the ones that should feel guilty not her. So she is moving in the right direction.

Today is hair day and then we are going to pick up 2 perfect white file cabinets for my mom from a target that is about 45 minutes away- consequence of living in a small town, no target no starbucks.

Then we have a few pictures to hang then I am taking everyone out to dinner. We leave in the morning. Hope I can be as productive there as I have been here!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• If I was 1/8 as productive as my MDA friends are, I could conquor the world. Instead, I'm usually just a slug around the house

Good for your sister. I like her plan.

Where you going for dinner?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Hopefully your sister can get this resolved. I think if his family can not come and care for him, he needs to go there..I get it though, tough call.

Maybe your sister needs to go to to. And just be unavailable?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sis is backing away and trying to get him to understand she cannot be available. She isn't physically there for him and not been since my mom broke her hip. Hopefully he will make some other plans. He is currently back in the hospital where she would need to be fully suited up to visit. No plans to do so as of tonight.

We are driving home tomorrow. When I get back not only will I be jumping onto at least a 4:3 plan with Friday being my first fast day, but I will also fully and properly respond to the journals that I follow but have not been able to because typing responses on a phone is a PITA.

Ttfn😘
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Have a safe drive home. Looking forward to "talking" to you tomorrow
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X