No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mind not having control with the change as long as I don't think that any of the possible outcomes are horrendous. In this case the "worst" that could happen is that I am out of a job. I will live. I have a stream of projects to work on as long as I can keep myself focused (read that stay off the computer!)

The politics are interesting because we in the office have not really been a part of it until now. It is very much a surprise.

Dudla retakes the MCAT on the 1st of August. She told her dad she has a study buddy, whom I presume is her friend that is a chemical engineering major, if so, it could be a massive help. I got a hotel room for the night before and we will do a huge sushi dinner to get her some real protein.

I am going to have to learn to do fasting on my day off obviously. I think when I get back from Florida that I am going to go ahead and either add the 3rd day of fasting or just go ADF, since every day will be just like the other, it won't really matter. I can always go back to 5:2 if I still have a job in August.

Since exercise is supposed to help with inflammation, I did start using the treadmill 30 minutes a day this week, and plan to add some HIT (for me) 3 times a week when I get back. I will do my mini stair stepper for 20 seconds as hard as I can, then take a brief break, then another 20, then break then the last 20. This is the recommendation in the video by the guy who wrote the 5:2 diet book (Dr. Michael Moseley-I have the video if you want a link to it.)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• How is DH taking the news?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Not heard back from the hubs yet. He didn't answer his phone (never does, he can't hear it) and hasn't responded to the email. He is not so flexible regarding change though he can't argue about paid leave he can be concerned about whether or not I still have a job. His original idea was that they would have to keep me in as a transitional team. But now it looks like they may make a clean sweep. That would be odd though since the archivists have worked for a few different presidents. Idk.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sorry about the job. Shocking.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• What a pain in the butt. I hope it all works out well. Are you going to be looking for something else, or waiting to see if they hire you back after the dust has settled?

Comment

• I will wait for a little while, probably till the kids get back to school.

Hubs is concerned that I will be pulled into the "fraud" group since I was one of the ones who had a credit card and he thinks we will all get lumped in together. As such his new assessment "did you get all of your personal belongings out?"
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 250.2 I think that is down 1.8 after a fast day.

finally got sleepy enough to override the brain activity and fall asleep around midnight, woke up at 4:15, wide awake brain active. Attempts to fall back asleep were futile, so here I am.

Beside the whole work issue yesterday, while I was on Facebook last night, I reposted an article about a woman who was breast feeding in a Starbucks and someone complained to the young man working the counter. He said he would take care of it, and went over to the woman and handed her a free drink and apologized for any unpleasantness she may have encountered, then gave her a card for a free drink.

anyway, I made some comment about it being about time that people stop being morons and let these women feed their babies in peace.

So one of my high school "friends" asked if I would feel the same way if a 300 lb naked man walked into the Starbucks. Well, shit, a "conversation" ensued.

So in the middle of it, my daughter sends me a text and asks me if it is ok if she rip this guy a new one. she wanted to make sure he wasn't a good friend of mine or anything. She then gave a very eloquent response, his response was less eloquent (even if I am a bit biased).

I am just so very proud of how my children have turned out. I don't always agree with their opinions, but love the way they are able to express themselves and stand up for their beliefs.

But it did add a bit of irritation to my brain at bedtime. Gotta learn to turn off the electronics earlier, or stay off of Facebook and just go to the humor section of Pinterest.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  250.2 I think that is down 1.8 after a fast day.

finally got sleepy enough to override the brain activity and fall asleep around midnight, woke up at 4:15, wide awake brain active. Attempts to fall back asleep were futile, so here I am.

Beside the whole work issue yesterday, while I was on Facebook last night, I reposted an article about a woman who was breast feeding in a Starbucks and someone complained to the young man working the counter. He said he would take care of it, and went over to the woman and handed her a free drink and apologized for any unpleasantness she may have encountered, then gave her a card for a free drink.

anyway, I made some comment about it being about time that people stop being morons and let these women feed their babies in peace.

So one of my high school "friends" asked if I would feel the same way if a 300 lb naked man walked into the Starbucks. Well, shit, a "conversation" ensued.

So in the middle of it, my daughter sends me a text and asks me if it is ok if she rip this guy a new one. she wanted to make sure he wasn't a good friend of mine or anything. She then gave a very eloquent response, his response was less eloquent (even if I am a bit biased).

I am just so very proud of how my children have turned out. I don't always agree with their opinions, but love the way they are able to express themselves and stand up for their beliefs.

But it did add a bit of irritation to my brain at bedtime. Gotta learn to turn off the electronics earlier, or stay off of Facebook and just go to the humor section of Pinterest.
                  yup.... going back to sleep after waking up can be problematic.....

staying off of Facebook is sage advice..... though there are somedays that being a pot stirrer is great fun.... but going to sleep after a good stirring session can be difficult.... thank goodness for drugs! (like melatonin, and benadryl.. not the good stuff, though downers would make you sleepy...)

Comment

• Yeah. I try to stay way from that stuff. My biggest thing now is waking up and worrying. Or, DH snoring logs...........

What's up for today?
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I just could not mentally let go of the fact that someone had assessed my daughter's personality in such a vitriolic manner. And it was someone who I considered a friend though admittedly many years ago.

Today was mostly just hanging. Actually we probably won't start anything of consequence till Monday. There are just too many people in this tiny beach town to get around.

On a positive note the tea that I made for anti inflammatory purposes definitely makes a difference. I didn't take any yesterday because I didn't want to have to still so often to pee and then woke up this morning a bit stiffer again. So I made a batch and am drinking it today. Getting better for sure.

Also cutting back on beef😢 and increasing fruits and veggies seems to be helping
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• glad the inflammatory issue seems to be improving. So, did you get your personal items out?

Facebook can be a problem. I have family that has strong political views on both side to the point of being rabid. I choose and attempt a "Switzerland" stance. When I do voice an opinion, I get lambasted one way or another..ugh!
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yes the man who came in from Indianapolis took me to my office so I could take out all of my personal things. 😝. He actually called me today as he and the board member who was there had both made notes about the staff reaction and they basically wanted to know why I seemed to have been so calm when during that meeting. I said because I am confident they are not going to find what it is they think they are looking for (financial fraud). of course in my head I was thinking... Hell you just gave me a month long paid vacation, and I am the only one of the staff who won't end up being homeless or financially ruined if the job disappears.

Facebook can be a lot of fun, but ya gotta be able to filter out the assholes or at least I need to learn to take it as a fun challenge in the way that Dudla does.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• TMI alert... The toilets at mom's house are too tall. They are both 'handicapped' and as such my feet don't touch the ground ( I am not short just the distance from ground to knee is). As a consequence carrying out the business of my daily constitutional is very difficult. Forgot to bring a step stool but will be looking for one when we do the thrift stores on Monday.

Hot as Hades here and crowded beyond belief. We are staying close to home sitting around imbibing (don't judge it is 5 o'clock somewhere), catching up with each other (we are for the most part a family of talkers), and laying low.

Oddly we are doing Thanksgiving in July, may start it as a tradition.

Have a safe holiday everyone.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Thinking that sounds pretty much perfect [Except for the toilet issues]
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep, great day so far. Everyone taking a nap while I am on Turkey watch. We were trying to so it on the grill rotisserie style but it stopped turning. So now it is roasting on the grill, still hanging but not turning. We will see how it goes.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X