No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo comes along, but Dudla has to retake the MCAT so she is staying in Knoxville to study.

I think that given that I think my biggest problem with eating is a portion control issue, I think holding myself to one meal a day and maybe a small container of greek yogurt as an afternoon snack is probably the safest thing to do. I hope to do a few long strolls on the beach after the crowds go home.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 251.4 up 1 after a treat day. Not enough liquids, not even close. As to food, well, there was some tasting while I was cooking, but not excessive-actually I made a conscious effort to keep that to a minimum. The things that I did differently yesterday than on a normal non-fasting day, and that I think caused the up tick....I had carbs early-it was fruit, peaches-I was eating the skin as I was peeling for the cobbler-, and a serving of leftover cobbler I had made for us which was peach with oats and nuts. This was likely less of a problem than dinner, which included a potato salad made with white and sweet potatoes and (most importantly) too much homemade bread (but slathered with kerrygold, yum, so it was worth it!)

Today is a non-fasting day, and I am going back to my lower day. So sometime after 3pm I will have a bit of yogurt with some blueberries, and then for dinner it looks like some homemade beef/cabbage/tomato soup with a bit of the meatloaf, making sure the calories hit less than 1,700.

As to activities, it looks like the rain is going to push me inside, so a bit of housekeeping, finishing my standing desk for the house, painting on BFF's backgammon board, putz putz putz.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So sorry to hear she has to take the test again. That sucks.

Rain is keeping me inside as well. The sun has not been out long enough to dry out the lawn so I can mow.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• She is taking it like a trooper, though she still hasn't told me what the score was. Hope that it breaks down like the ACT, where you knew which areas you were weak in, though I don't think it does, pretty sure it is just the score.

I am in the same place regarding the lawn, soon it will be a meadow, the rain is making it (and the weeds!) grow like crazy, but not enough of a break to mow it. Cant finish the compass rose either. Really hope to see some sun while I am in Florida!
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Yup, I am going to be able to bale it soon lol

Karin

Comment

• Well shit, second treat day in a row. Too many calories I think, and even if not technically it was more than I needed.

I have had this thought before but it is coming back to me now. I wonder if it isn't so much the number or even the quality but the fact that I didn't listen to my body. That my body asks for something and a certain amount of it and when I use my brain instead of my instinct that tends to show up as a gain. Mmm. Gonna noodle on this.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 252.6 up 1.4 after the second treat day in a row. Today I will not be doing any treats of any kind. Tomorrow will be a fast day, then Wednesday on to Florida so that will start the one meal a day program.

OK, so since mid-May I have been having all over body aches. The aches move from one area to another (thank goodness because other wise I would be worried about cancer or another PE depending on location!). In the past few days it is getting worse and worse.

So I just went through my journal to see if the pains had any connection, timing wise, to the IBD flare I had, or the supplements I am taking. Not to the supplements, I have either been taking the supplement way too long for it to be the issue (ie. Calcium and Vitamin D3) or started them after the pains started (ie. Garcinia and CBE).

The pain may have started before the flare, but then I had that day where my temp went up to 103 and then the pain stopped for a couple of weeks.

So basically this started around May 24th. It has slowly been getting worse. Now I am to the point where, when I get up I move like a 90 year old.

It is strange though, because yesterday I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and it was fine.

Sitting anywhere (in front of the computer, working on painting the backgammon board, or even on the couch watching tv) is basically pretty uncomfortable, but in different ways. Standing in front of the computer at work is fine, beyond the normal legs get achy at the end of the 7 hours. It seems to get progressively worse during the day such that by bed time it hurts to actually get into bed. But then by morning I am "ok" (not great mmd you, just ok).

If I am still having this when I get back from Florida I will call my doc.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I think you should because technically eating this way should help. However, you may need to rein in and get more diligent about anti inflammatory foods, I know when my joints get achy and my body hurts I can usually trace it back to my diet. Hope you feel better.

When do you leave?

Karin

Comment

• leaving Wednesday afternoon from work.

I am going to go to Whole foods and pick up ingredients for an anti inflammatory drink (they call it "detox" but the ingredients are all things that are thought to be anti-inflammatory)...ginger root, turmeric root, lemons, oranges. I am going to add it to me tea instead of water.

I have not been doing anything out of the ordinary with food, or that consistently really, since it started that I can tell. But yes I am going to have to figure this one out. Will be dilligently tracking or at least adding to the notes in MFP, as well as adding notes on how I am feeling.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Chris, your pains may be a perimenopausal symptom of lowering estrogen. When my estradiol was nonexistent I hurt all over. I was even diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Comment

• wow, thanks so much. I had not thought of that. But the pains did start shortly after my last period. I remember now that I thought at first it was low iron because it had lasted 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, nothing I could do about it though, given the history of PE, but still a good thing to know.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 252 back down .6 after a non-fasting day.

Well it may be psychological but I do feel better today. I had two 30oz glasses of tea in which I used the ginger/turmeric/citrus/chili mix as the water instead of adding more water to the iced tea. I also had salmon for dinner, with cauliflower and cherries. I am just sort of going through the list of things that I find that are supposed to be anti-inflammatory and including them in my diet. Except for grains and beans which are a general problem for me.

So, as of today and until the end of July, I am on paid administrative leave. They shut down the office, changed the locks, confiscated our computers. Overly dramatic if you ask me, but hey, I get a month of paid vacation! Just as I am getting ready to go to Florida! They are going to pay Boo for the month as well. So he is happy.

The President had been asked to resign, which was supposed to become effective on the 31st of July, but they said they found "improprieties" in the financial record (this is horse shit, it is all political), so he is out as of yesterday. There is a bit of freaking out going on, because everyone else (besides me) needs this job. It is my hope that by the time they reopen the offices, every one will have found other work, very highly likely in this town.

It is unsettling, even for me, so I am worried about my co-workers. This is by far the best place I have ever worked in regard to the people I work with. Sucks
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Wow!! I am wondering what in there world happened that was so bad that they confiscated everything, changed the locks etc. I hope they reopen the office and you have your job back but if not, I hope something better for you. Maybe something closer to your artistic talents?

How is your inflammation?? What does that chili mixture taste like.. Seems it would be icky?

Karin

Comment

• they will reopen it, may or may not be here in town though. I am not concerned for myself, I honestly believe things happen for a reason, and I don;t generally fear change.

They said that there was some personal charges on the business credit cards. Actually they said on "everyone's" business card. They lied. They just don't realize how much we each know in an office that only has 10 employees, and only 5 with the cards. There was one employee who used the business card for personal charges, but paid them back when the paychecks came. And they put a stop to that 2 weeks ago by making the card so that it could only charge at specific places (she travels for work, so needed to keep the card), and took all of the rest of the cards.

I think the inflammation is getting better, though stress is not good for it, but I am going to Florida, so the stress won't last long.

So the mixture basically just tastes like citrus juice, it is only a sprinkling of powdered chili, 2" roots of ginger and turmeric grated. It is actually pretty good added to my spiced tea. the only issue is the acidity first thing in the morning.

Today is a fasting day. This could get tricky, now that I am going to be home all day. I just need to pack for Florida to get my mind off of it.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I like change...as long as I'm in control of it

That is rough in terms of the office. Politics are icky - I hate dealing with them.

I'm glad to hear that the inflammation is getting better.

When does your daughter retake the MCAT?

You've got this fasting day. I know it's hard when you are home, though!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X