No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forget so much of what I learn....A Good Video About Exercise | OVERCOME OBESITY
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok someone asked me about my fitbit... This new one has now apparently stopped working. Not happy.

Oh the work thing. It can't be good and there is no repair. I may or may not have a job by the end of the summer. Which I can live without. But even if I don't lose my job. the team will not be the same. Which is heartbreaking because it is about my favorite group I have ever worked with.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        Darn...no photo.
        yeah.. whaz up wid dat!??

Comment

• Yay, purple jeans!
          Boo, work stress. That's the pits.

Comment

• Thanks.

Well I will work up an outfit next time I wear the jeans and see what I can do about a photo.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Eeks, that is VERY stressful. Take care.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh no..bummer about the job! I assume funding is at the core of it here?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• nope, politics. crazy shit man! I really won't know the whole story until my "meeting" in mid July. Thank goodness I am going to the beach next week, hanging with sis and mom and Boo.

251.8 up .2 after a stressful non-fasting day. Pretty good. I am starting to wonder about the days in a row of non-fasting. Not sure if it is that I eat more on each progressive day or if the further away I get from the fasting the body holds/uses the calories differently. I am going to try very hard to have the same number (or very close to the same number) of calories today as yesterday and see what happens.

the water situation...seems to be getting better. I consumed 4 x's 30oz and 2 x's 33oz of liquids yesterday. 186oz of coffee, tea, and water. That might be hard to sustain! Guess I am going to have to quit adding salt
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• 252 up .2 after a non-fasting day. I did work to keep the calories the same as the day before, right about 1,700. This pretty much tells me that my up day calories should be under that if I want to have a treat day in that week and still lose weight. That or add the 3rd fasting day. I can live with that, it is good to know.

nothing interesting today, I am preparing a meal for a friend's family. He is going through cancer treatments. It is for tomorrow, but I will start tonight. I am making a cucumber and avocado soup, homemade bread, meatloaf, white/sweet potato salad, asparagus salad, and peach cobbler with whipped cream for dessert. I wanted them to be able to take a picnic if they felt the urge, and this way they don't have to heat up the kitchen, though they could certainly reheat the meatloaf and the peach cobbler.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• You are sweet.

That sounds wonderful. Bring me a picnic lunch?

I like what you are finding out about having a treat day. I suspect I'm going to need to figure out something similar, once I get my one meal + one snack thing figured out.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am a tad bit disappointed that 1,700 is the number for my up days on 5:2, but I can live with it, as I am not quite ready to jump to the 4:3 just yet. Maybe in the fall when the fresh fruits and veggies are not so enticing.

On my down days, I do one "meal" no snack, and LOTS of liquid, and tea in the morning so I can go without cream. My up days I get my morning coffee with the cream and coconut milk, then have a small meal (usually greek yogurt with fruit and maybe nuts) around 3pm, and then dinner (usually a huge loaded salad-greens, nuts, fruit, cheese, olive oil, vinegar-topped with a protein source). Depending on how much I load that salad and what the protein source is the calories can easily reach 1,000 here. Add the small meal, and the coffee (sometimes 2) and the calories for the day easily reach 1,700 and often up to 2,000.

p.s. thanks, I pinned a quote once that essentially said, I do things for you because I suspect that if the tables were turned you would do the same for me. But honestly, my family, and heritage, is all about food and nourishing people. We have always been about feeding friends, family, whoever.
                        Last edited by demuralist; 06-27-2014, 11:36 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 250.4 down 1.6 after a fast day June 9th, the start of my stricter 5:2, I weighed 256.2. Now it will go up, after a few non-fasting days, and I go to Florida next week, though that doesn't usually equate to a gain, so we shall see what happens. I still plan to do 2 fast days while I am there. Or it might be easier to just do dinner every night with the group and not do any other meals.

Oh, and my interim goal has always been to get below my delivery weight of 252, so I am hoping I do stay below that even after the non-fasting days.

just cooking today, had rain last night so I can't paint the compass rose this morning, hope to be able to this evening if it stays clear.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I think you might be able to keep your plan while in FL and on fast days just do dinner?? How is mom doing?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• she started driving this week. so she is mentally feeling better as she got her independence back. Still in a walker, but mostly for support I think.

The thing about the fast day, is that keeping under 500 is really difficult if I am not weighing and measuring. We usually do dinner together when there, the rest of the day you are on your own, so it would be easy to skip eating till dinner or just do a light yogurt type meal late afternoon.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• That might be the most workable plan until you get home! Will Boo go with you?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X