No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 255 down .6 after a non-fasting day. Today is a fasting day as well as a concerted effort to get rid of this fluid I am hanging onto.

Nothing exciting today, just work and a run to Costco afterward. And talking Boo into driving, he hates it.

Also, his dad has offered to pay for a personal trainer at his Wellness center. The guy lost 100 pounds and would like to work with Boo to get him to find something he can enjoy doing to get and keep himself healthy. I am trying to talk Boo into doing it, so that he can gain some confidence, not only in himself, but also in being able to feel comfortable walking into the gym at school and working out there if he feels so inclined. Also, he is spending way too much time not moving. I am pretty sure he made it through his freshman year without gaining weight, but suspect he has gained the freshman 15 (or close to it) this summer.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I wish I would have had some foundation at that age. Not so much because I would have spent the time in the gym. Rather, the strength to do other fun stuff - rock climbing, hiking, snow boarding, skiing, rafting, etc.

One of my guys is not particularly athletic, but I have convinced him to go to the gym with me for similar reasons (although his issue is that he's super skinny, which for a guy, ironically, can also cause self esteem issues). We're going to work with a trainer so that he learns impeccable form.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I would be happy if Boo gets enough abdominal strength to not project a fat kid image. He tends to stand by locking his knees, slumping his shoulders, and letting his belly totally relax. This makes him appear to be at least 2" shorter than he really is, and it does not project an image of confidence, as well as making him appear heavier than he actually is. I used to remind him to pull up his string (the one that runs through the spine), but he is too old for that now. So I am hoping that stronger abdominal muscles and a bit of confidence will do it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris - what Photoshop do you have? I've decided I want it and can't decide if Elements is enough or if I should get Elements + Premiere. Decisions, decisions............. I'm ready to start playing with photos of my boys
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I will check for sure when I get home but I am pretty sure I did not get Premiere. I also got a tutorial that was maybe $5, and it is fantastic. I run the video of whatever he is doing while I am trying to do something. I will look it up when I get home to let you know for sure what I have.

I did not get the video editing, because the Mac already has some of that capability-enough for my needs- (and I think that is what the Premiere does). I just need to get iDVD installed so I can burn the edited videos onto DVD's.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• It is Photoshop Elements 11, and the tutor is "Learn PSE 11 Editor" from Mac and iOS Video training Apps and tutorials, Mac OS X Training. my Mac came with iMovie so no need for a video editor.

251.6 after a fasting day in which I made a VERY concerted effort to get rid of some of the fluid I have been retaining. Apparently it is working, down 3.6 this morning. My fingers are still puffy, so I will continue the Herculean efforts to drink much liquid and refrain from using salt.

My boss texted me yesterday that he wants to have a meeting this morning with myself, the bookkeeper, and my immediate boss. A little worried, but not overly so, we shall see.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• p.s.I have a pair of purple jeans I bought on sale at the end of last summer, but they are a size smaller than I normally wear and when I got them home I could not get them zipped. So I tucked them away, and would occasionally try them on, and then have to tuck them back away I decided to give them another try last night, and they fit! A bit snug, but totally wearable. I have a lovely pink shirt and that new silk cardigan I am going to wear to work today.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hurray for new clothes!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Smiling ear to ear this morning over the new PURPLE jeans fitting! These are my type of victories and my moto is that purple makes everything better!

Comment

• Hooray for the jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Huge victory!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks all. Yep I am a vision in pink and purples today. My top is a pale pinkish lavender, and my cardigan is a purplish fuchsia, and my sandals are a deep pinkish purple. It is not a "I look so skinny I am going to take a photo" kind of outfit. It is more a "I am wearing a smaller size jean and this is actually comfy" outfit. Or I would do a selfie.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Darn...no photo.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Mango Margaritas for dinner. OMG! what a day. I can't say anything until mid-July, suffice it to say things are getting shaken up at work, and not in a good way.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Uh oh. Hope things are ok. But mango margaritas sure sound good.................
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X