No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I have the fewest steps I think I have ever had on a day I actually wore my pedometer for the whole day.

So this morning I decide to drive out to the new nursery. It was closed on Sunday! No matter I drive past 2 more on the way home. Both closed! Welcome to the buckle of the bible belt! Lots of driving.

I decided to work on painting. I am doing a decorative painting on the board of a backgammon set. Something reminiscent of peacock feathers. A gift for BFF, she is a game freak, and loves backgammon, so I thought it would be fun to give her a unique set. Today I painted the primer/gesso on it.

Came upstairs and watched USA in the World Cup game with Boo.

Then I decided to work on the compass rose.

So a whole lot of sitting going on, but productive sitting at least!

oh, but in my quest to start in on Art/Architecture History, I listened to a youtube documentary on Vincent Van Gogh, and then one on Rembrandt. I am on my way to expert! one day down, 7 years to go
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-22-2014, 07:33 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 255.6 up 2 and still holding onto the water weight. gotta do something about that today.

got up this morning and went straight out to the porch to paint on the compass rose before the sun started to hit it. I finished another color, and only have one more to do. Probably 2.5 hours worth of painting left. Then I will put a sealer on it, which will take much less time.

I am thinking that today I will work on one of the chairs for the porch, I have a set of 1950's outdoor furniture. 2 chairs and a slider. They are black. I am painting them lime green. I have one done but it needs a sealer on it. They need to get power washed then a bit of sanding, then a primer, then paint, then sealer. A bit of a process, but the whole set only cost me $125 at a garage sale, and they are in pretty good shape. I have had them for years in my basement, and stopped working on them because the hubs mentioned that he doesn't want to keep furniture on the porch because if we get a wind storm it would send it through the glass that is essentially the wall there. But, I have decided to call bullshit on that, now that we have redone the porch.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh man. On Friday, while we were setting up the exhibit hall it got so hot that I put my hair up in a pony tail with all that we had (a thick rubber band). So when I got home I thought I should probably cut it out to keep from ripping up my hair. Except I was too lazy to go get my glasses and when I snipped it, I missed the band and got a chunk of hair. Shit. But I pulled the band out and didn't think about it again. Till today, the first time I am fixing my hair since the snip. Well it turns out it was a pretty good chunk (about the thickness of my pinky) and it is a third shorter that the hair around it (3" vs. 9") and it is smack dab in the middle of the top of my head, smack dab in the middle of the part (of course) so it sticks pretty much straight up. May have to switch the part to the other side.
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          I don't know what I want to be an expert in, either.........
          hmmm I'm not sure why you want to be an "expert".... they seem to get crap wrong most of the time.... hell I can do that just fine being a bloody amateur!

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            Oh man. On Friday, while we were setting up the exhibit hall it got so hot that I put my hair up in a pony tail with all that we had (a thick rubber band). So when I got home I thought I should probably cut it out to keep from ripping up my hair. Except I was too lazy to go get my glasses and when I snipped it, I missed the band and got a chunk of hair. Shit. But I pulled the band out and didn't think about it again. Till today, the first time I am fixing my hair since the snip. Well it turns out it was a pretty good chunk (about the thickness of my pinky) and it is a third shorter that the hair around it (3" vs. 9") and it is smack dab in the middle of the top of my head, smack dab in the middle of the part (of course) so it sticks pretty much straight up. May have to switch the part to the other side.
            hmmm I sense a new hair trend coming about!

Comment

• You are a busy girl!! Hey, with all your hair girl..camouflage til it grows out..I have been there!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• While I was walking around at the mall I would spot the hair standing up. It would have an Alfalfa/American Indian feather effect if it wasn't right in the middle of the top of my head! I would pat it down and then the next window would show it was up again. Way too short to cut the rest to match, and it will be almost a year before I can cut the rest to match. So yes, some kind of new hair trend is going to be happening. When I do get it to lay down, I am sure only hairdressers would notice.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Headbands!! I like the comb stretchy ones..

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I was thinking of that. I think over the long run I will just have to change my part to the other side.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Rain has altered my day's plan. No painting, too much humidity. I did get a beautiful fuschia silk cardigan for $24 at the Coldwater Creek store that is closing at the mall though.

I do need to get up off my butt and get something else accomplished today though.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        hmmm I'm not sure why you want to be an "expert".... they seem to get crap wrong most of the time.... hell I can do that just fine being a bloody amateur!
                        Just for the accomplishment of having stuck to it long enough to be one.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Honestly, as much of my life as I've spent trying to get (and maintain!) a "normal" or even "semi-normal" weight, you'd think I'd be beyond an expert. Alas, not so much.

I want to get good at photography (I'm not even at a basic level), learn French (I almost had a minor in college, but I remember nothing now), and get better versed at how to help kids with trauma (I read a lot of that right now!).
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I was a nutrition major in college for 2 years. Add that to the 30+ years of reading and well you get the picture. Though I can red the research and recognize BS pretty easily.

Want to be a better painter, would love to learn Croatian, to play my Prim, and the art/architecture history. And yet here I sit not working at any of it😜
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Me, either. I'm looking for family photographers and otherwise trying to chit chat with my MDA friends
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I did get the base color on the backgammon board I am painting for my BFF, well on half the board, everything takes twice as long as you think it should.

Oh man, the search for the family photographer. Luckily for us, I have several friends who do take amazing photographs, so that is how I end up with so many fantastic photos of my kids. No pictures of the whole crew though.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X