No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not good getting chores done either. My home is a testament to that..I get the F-it attitude, which is not good. I get the fly lady updates on fb..and need to start following. She will randomly put up a cleaning or organizing challenge and stresses not to take more than 10 minutes. All those 10 min could add up and you could have a real accomplishment, in theory..listen to me blather..lol

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I h ave investigated FlyLady on more than a few occasions! Got email posts, Facebook challenges, etc. Excellent idea, in theory. And yes, 10 minutes seems like such a no-brainer. But I am an all or nothing kind of girl, once I start a room, I go crazy. Ceiling to floor with the vacuum. So usually, one room in my house is spotless, but since I only do that once a week, and my house is just too big, by the time I finish the inside and outside (front entry, back porch, etc), the first room is a pig sty! Then I feel defeated, and stop all together (except for the bathrooms and kitchen), until I can't stand it anymore, and start the whole process all over.

I really need a better system. Should go back to fly lady.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Life's too short for chores

I'm worse in summer because I come home from work and head into the garden at every opportunity.

I keep up with washing and we iron our own stuff, and we eat well and keep on top of the kitchen & bathroom but my hall floors - yikes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• yep, I totally agree. Now if I could just convince Honey of that. I only work part time outside of the home and since he essentially works 6 to 7 days 10 to 12 hours a day (depending on the season), it is up to me to clean up to his standards. To be fair, when he is not home the house begins to look like a frat house, his standards aren't impossible, just different than mine. I don't really care if there are things lying around, as long as the bathrooms and (for the most part) the kitchen are clean. He likes to remind me that he is allergic to dust mites (as are the kids). I did tell him where I keep the swiffer pads, though.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hmm tough call. I'm lucky hubby hates cleaning so as long as it is reasonable he wont complain cos he knows what the answer is! We both work full time though he has the longer commute. He cooks, I clean and take care of laundry. It works for us

Personally, I would like to be the kind of person who does more but either i'm just lazy or it just isnt my priority

Comment

• We actually made a pact early on, that I would wait to start work and be a stay at home mom, since he can command a salary that, even at my peak earnings as a hairdresser, is 4x's as much as I can. Fair though as he is WAY more educated, and not in an artsy field. My talents and interests do not garner the kinds of money that his do in this world. Anyway, in order for him to continue to advance, a very large time investment was required. So I stayed home, he worked 6 to 7 days a week but always made sure he was home for dinner. I basically managed the house, the kids, and him. It worked out great, as it allowed us to be independent (he rarely had time to give input into discipline issues and such) and yet still have a very good relationship. This is not to imply that he wasn't deeply involved in fun activities with the kids, because he was, and is a fantastic father. Anyway, clutter stresses him. I get that, and I do try, it is though as you said, not high on my priority list.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like exactly what I would have wanted if I was ever to have been a mother. I was brought up by my mum on her own and though she absolutely did her best I didn't want that if I had a family. Later I decided I didnt want a family after all. Now here I am raising a step son. Funny how life turns out

Last edited by AutumnTiger; 06-23-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• I never wanted children, really. Then when I graduated from college (over the traditional age-I was 32), Honey thought it would be better to go ahead and have the kids then rather than wait until my 'career' took off. Truthfully, I had always had trouble with my cycle, and even though I was never any good at taking my pills regularly I never had a pregnancy scare. So I didn't think I could even get pregnant, so I wasn't at all worried about trying. But then ended up getting pregnant first month off the pill! Now, I wouldn't trade it for the world and I am flabbergasted (as are my children), that I was ever hesitant. So yes very funny how life turns around.

256.2 this morning up 1.4, and holding onto some very serious water weight. We splurged yesterday and had kielbasa-no nitrites or nitrates, but lots of sodium apparently. So I have added ACV to both of my tea bottles today.

Today is a fasting day. I have a roast in the crock pot, will make corn and salad for the boys. I will be having my smoothie, I just need to make sure I only make enough salad for the boys. Honey comes home today, so I scrubbed the kitchen, though not much else. But all the rooms are picked up anyway.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• ahhhhhh, Friday afternoon, stuck at work on a beautiful day. Done everything I possibly can here and still have 2.5 hours left to go. No body is talking here, pinterest is flashing all sorts of decadent food on a fast day, and even facebook is pretty quiet.

I just heard that if you spend an hour a day reading about something that you will be an expert within 7 years. Trying to decide what I want to become an expert in. Currently leaning toward art history with emphasis on Architecture. Though I have spent at least an hour most days for way more than 7 years reading about health and nutrition and I am not an expert in that. Hopefully, art history will have fewer charlatans.

think this is where I will start, http://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-history gotta bring in some discreet headphones for work.
                    Last edited by demuralist; 06-20-2014, 12:13 PM.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I don't know what I want to be an expert in, either.........
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Me either...

Reading on my kindle today.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Maybe I should try to learn a language or I really want to learn to read music.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• today is a non-fasting day and the Bluebird on the Mountain concert, so I will not be tracking.

I stopped on the way to work yesterday to pick up ACV had 2T of it, still feel puffy. 254.2 though, so even puffy I am back to my low. Yesterday was a pretty good fast day. I still need to figure out how to make the boys dinner where I don't put a bite in my mouth though. Or else just leave myself 100 to 150 calories free to do it. I don't know how much I did put in my mouth while I was putting the leftovers away, a few bites of roast beef, but still need to get out of that habit.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I am going to use khan academy to study global history this summer. Thanks for the reminder.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• awesome, I love that. Pretty sure I am going to go with Architectural/Art History.

253.6 down .6 after a decidedly non-fasting day. The interesting thing about yesterday, is that since I figured there was nothing I could do to make up for the fact that I was going to over eat, I might as well enjoy it. I did very little tasting of the dishes I was preparing because I had made most of them before. I ate a late lunch. And I ate a plate that was pretty generous with chicken waldorf salad, and a veggie salad, but very sparse on the pasta salad. I had actually made the tortellini salad with twice as many veggies as the recipe called for so my scoop of it actually didn't have any of the tortellini. But I did over the course of the night have five 1.5" squares of the dessert. After we got home, I did have to hold myself back from nibbling as I put everything away, but did well and avoided putting anything into my mouth then.

The concert was ok. All three of the songwriters were famous for their ballads and sad songs. Only 2 upbeat songs the whole night. The songs were amazing and the voices and instrumentals were fantastic (it is only the 3 songwriters and the instruments they play on the stage), but lots of sad songs. At most of these concerts the songwriters will sing harmony for each other and sort of jam on each other's songs, but this group didn't do that either. A friend of mine who is also a songwriter walked by and whispered, "jeez, I sure could use a dance song right about now", my sentiments exactly! So great music but not a fantastic show.

Today I think I will take a run out to a new nursery and see what kind of plants I can find.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X