No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be starting driving practice in another week or so. Not really looking forward to it......................
    -- Ruth

Comment

• he had drivers ed right after he got his permit, let someone else take the first few hours! But he drives so rarely and it has been so long. I think he and I will be going to Florida at least once more this summer and he will be doing at least half the driving. Probably on the long lonely stretch of highway that is southern Georgia/northern Florida.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• so, I just found this really interesting calculator for IFing. It will help to keep me from tweaking. I am able to change a number of variables to see how it effects my weight loss. I can change number of fast days, calories on fast days, calories on non-fast days, activity level. Changing any one thing did not change how long it too me to get to my goal, it only changed the curve of the graph that showed the rate of loss. If I changed them all well not even then did it shorten the time. Looking at just over a year. Now I am sure that if I readjust at about the halfway point, weigh less eat less, it could shorten it a bit then.

p.s. in case you are interested... http://insightmaker.com/insight/9320
        Last edited by demuralist; 06-16-2014, 02:18 PM.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, I really need to get back to work, but wanted to tell you what I have been putting in my smoothies, that have been perking me right up-mentally anyway...

I weigh my ingredients so...

8oz coconut milk (the one I make with TJ's lite and water)
          92g cage free egg whites
          140g blueberries - wild frozen
          140g mangos -chunks frozen
          1T chia seed
          1T flax seed meal
          1T Great Lakes gelatin-collagen hydrolysate
          30g Z Natural Whey Isolate -pure, unflavored, unsweetened
          1/2tsp Republic of Tea - Super tea booster - Double Dark Chocolate Mate
          1 tsp Republic of Tea Green tea Matcha powder
          few drops of Stevia

STATS: Calories 445, Carbs 48g, Fat 8g, Protein 49g, calcium 26g
          Last edited by demuralist; 06-16-2014, 02:59 PM.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Interesting. Going from 2 to 3 days increases (in a perfect and linear world, ha ha) my weight loss by 15 lb. 15 lb is a dress size, to be sure, but life is much more enjoyable only fasting 2 days. Interesting to consider....
            -- Ruth

Comment

• oops, I just redid it and yes in 52 weeks I would be 15 pounds lighter if I did 3 days instead of 2, I read it wrong, but I think it would be easier to just assume I am pretty much going to do 2 fast days for the rest of my life and just get there when I get there, as long as I get there.
              Last edited by demuralist; 06-16-2014, 03:04 PM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I consider yesterday a very successful non-fasting day in this my second week of the 6 week strict program. the scale did not agree. I don't care what it says though, it is wrong this morning!

Today is a fast day, so far so good. Shooting to just do my smoothie after 6. Should not be too hard as we have to do a Costco run after work, then I want to paint another color on the compass rose. I will have to cut out the caffeinated parts of the smoothie, maybe add a little fat of some sort. We'll see.

So starting yesterday, I cut back to just 2 of my Asacol a day - one a.m. and one p.m., and I skipped the potato starch. Before bed last night I actually was hurting badly enough that I took 2 tylenol and 1 aleve. I did wake up refreshed though the fitbit tells me I was restless. Today I am feeling much better. The back of my legs ache and my back aches a tad, but given where it hurts today and that I painted the compass yesterday these aches make sense. So, I will continue to monitor the situation.

p.s. my daily average steps last week was just over 7,000 and that did not include the day I went over 10,000! So that is the second week in a row with that average!
                Last edited by demuralist; 06-17-2014, 12:34 PM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I know I'm doing well too, though the scale refuses to recognize it
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I found a new iPhone app, I think I like. It is free, and it is to record your daily weight. then it starts to average the number and give you your "true" weight, and graphs it. It also gives you your 10 day low. You can also set mini goals (it calls them milestones). It is clean, simple, easy to use, interesting, and free. It is called Happy Scale. thought it would be nice to have a happy scale!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Interesting reading what MudFlinger said about her experience with potato starch. I took it two nights and had terrible pain in my legs at night. Any benefit I would be getting wouldn't be worth the pain.

Sounds like things are going well! Lovely picture of your family.

Comment

• Thanks, we were celebrating my daughter's 21st birthday at a local winery.

So far today the only aches I have are the ones I would expect from the painting. I did change 2 things at once, which I don't normally like to do, but once all the aches are gone, I may try to add the PS back in, though I am not sure it was doing anything for me.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 254 down 2.2 after a very successful down day. I did over 24 hour window on essentially no calories (I had 10 during the day as some of my teas and supplements actually have a calorie or 2). Then had my smoothie with a half an avocado added for fat, and a Trader Joes snack stick (ok,yes it is processed, but no nitrites or nitrates), for added fat and protein and ended up with 499 calories on the day. Drank lots of fluids, and it felt great.

The body pain is quickly subsiding. I took 2 Tylenol last night for sleep, and woke up this morning refreshed and with virtually no aches or pains. I am very excited and a bit surprised. I have been taking this medicine for over 20 years and never had this problem before, at one point I was taking over double the dose I was taking this time. The formula does keep "improving" - mostly so that it can't go generic I think. And (TMI ALERT) the bowels have returned to normal. So I am going to taper it back off to not taking it anymore.

At work, we are hopefully finally going to get to finish the new exhibit. My boss (K) and I are the ones who set up the displays, but we can't do it until the Archivist gives us the info. The deadline to put it in was April 25th. K and I are used to working with deadlines, and to us they are absolute, so having to miss this one, especially by so much, is very stressful. But the Archivist has actually taken this long to get us the written words. It is insane. And she promised to have the rest of it to us by Monday, but no, and now is supposed to come in early today to pull some photos, we'll see. This woman (the Archivist) has not worked a full week in at least 6 months, she has a long list of maladies. eee, I have to stop.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• At 254.8 this morning after a very high non-fast day.

I actually had a very successful non-fast day going. Then, I could not fall asleep. I must have made my last tea with caffeine accidentally. Finally ended up eating again. Which would put me way over in calories for the day as I had already bumped up against my limit, and well, I really ate! Went to bed just before 4am.

Up this morning at 8:30, felt refreshed actually. Unfortunately it was too late to do any painting on my compass rose as the sun had already started baking the deck.

So now I am just going to have to move on to the next set of chores and errands and do some painting this afternoon.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I think I drank some caffeine too...trouble sleeping.

You are always so productive. I'm just not good about getting my chores done...........
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I so well with errands and creative stuff not so well with chores. Honey is out of town this week, and the kitchen is an absolute wreck. I need to do a serious clean up as he will be home tomorrow, and we will have company on Saturday.

Actually we have a Bluebird on the Mountain concert, FUN!!! And Boo is having company. Honey will not be happy as he doesn't like "teenagers" in the house when we are not home-he remembers how he would have been had his parents ever gone anywhere. But we will be home by 10, and the boys are unlikely to gather much before that. And truthfully, once we go to bed, we couldn't hear if they were getting into the liquor anyway. This group of guys are great though and I totally trust them. Of course Honey thinks I am too trusting:roll eyes: The other issue is that they are going to use the projector, which he doesn't like them doing unless he is there to supervise. Gad, he is tight.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X