No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess that explains why you can find hideaway cottages (and fancy homes) in just about every type of location in the world. I love the beach so much I would actually camp there (I hate camping!! leftover from when I was a kid!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      I guess I got enough of the ocean when I lived on an island as a kid..... would rather head to the mountains or kick back on the farm...
      Ugh!!! Us land locked state folks are jealous !!! However, I am a mountain girl...can never get enough..

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Where are you on the weight, I am behind.. Steps look good and welcome to the plank less club. We will get there. How is it with the kids home?

Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well the weight is currently holding steady but tomorrow is a fast day so Saturday will tell.

Only Boo is home, Dudla is working back at school. Nice to have someone at home who doesn't fall asleep as soon as he sits down, who hears what I say, who answers me, and who sides with me when I disagree with Honey.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 256.2 that is up 1.2 after my second non-fasting day in a row, no big deal as today is a fast day. I plan to go at least 24 hours with the barest minimum of calories (apparently my tea bags each have a couple, whatever). So that means no food until at least 6:30, no problem as I plan to go to Home Depot after work to pick up supplies to make a standing "desk" for home. It is really just a standing podium with a bigger top and on wheels. Anyway, by the time I get home it will be close to 6:30 and I can decide then if I want to eat or push the fast till coffee on Saturday morning.

So good news and bad news...Good news, last night I had 100% efficiency in my sleep. I actually had to check to make sure I hadn't forgot to pocket my fitbit! But I did wake up this morning before the alarm, alert and, dare I say, perky. Things that might have effected that...no clue, I was a bit short on my steps (6,300), I ate a bit too much (not necessarily calorie wise but tummy feel wise), I did have 1/2T PS, and I was in the house alone (usually this ruins my sleep as I have no one to "blame" the house noises on). Oh well, who knows, but it feels good!

Bad news, I did something to my back. No idea what, but luckily it is only a problem when I twist to the right, so thinking I won't be doing that much today.

We are setting up the exhibit hall today, so I am mounting a bunch of photos and text onto foam core, then next week we hang it, hopefully. It was supposed to be done April 25th, but the Archivist had not given us any of the materials till the beginning of this month and either my boss or I have been away since we got the material, so we are trying to kick it and get it done by Wednesday before she goes out of town again.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              Where are you on the weight, I am behind.. Steps look good and welcome to the plank less club. We will get there. How is it with the kids home?

Hey wait, why are you behind? It is summer right? what are you up to, besides picking up your kid from camp?
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Yay on the great sleep. Hope your back is better soon. Be careful working on the deck compass rose with it is a tender state.

Comment

• thanks. It is raining, has been every day for as long as I can remember and looks to continue through my weekend at least. So a forced waiting on the compass rose. It needs to be good and dry for me to put the stain on and it needs to be dry for a good 24 hours after for best results.

Had to take a couple of Tylenol this morning (it is all I can take) for the back, we are working on the exhibit hall today and I needed to be able to bend and stretch and twist. The Tylenol eased the pain enough for me to work, but not so much that it doesn't remind me if I go too far.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• That is good news on the sleep front and yes, I wish I could say for sure what I'm doing on the days I get a great nights sleep as opposed to just OK. I hope the back is feeling good soon!

Comment

• 255 down 1.2 since Monday, after my second fast day of the week. My fingers and ankles are puffy.

Yesterday's fast day was difficult. Not mentally, but I was actually physically hungry. I did manage to push the fast to 6:00, so 23.5 hours. I had a piece of salmon and a flat ton of very heavily salted kale. Yummy but likely the reason for the puffy fingers. Then I had a bit of chocolate with a very small smear of PB on it. It did take my calories up to 590 though. And I still had to fight the urge to eat the rest of the night. Tummy growling and gurgling all evening.

Back is only very slightly better, rats.

Weather is stunning this morning, 55 degrees here and the sun is out and there are no clouds in the sky or any predictions of rain. I am going to putter around in the yard. I can make the standing desk for my home computer on an ugly day.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I was going over my medical records. I noted that the lowest I have weighed since I have been seeing this doctor is 239, a few years ago. I have to see her again in December. Normally, I don't set date/weight goals but I am going to make an exception here. I want to be in the 30's by the time of that appointment, which is actually December 8th. That is 26 weeks away, counting from the start of this "stricter" phase, if I counted correctly, and I have, lets call it 20 pounds to get there. Now that is a reasonable goal, I think. So here I go....
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Rooting for you! I don't do well with time goals, because of my personality, but I think you probably have the attitude to do it well. Seems like, once I drink my potato starch at night, my urge to eat is completely halted.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• You will get there. You know so much more about how you can tackle it. And, hopefully, no new stressors for a while!

Comment

• It really goes against my better judgement to do the time/weight goal thing. But on the other hand, maybe since I don't usually do it, it will give me the extra push to stay true? Worth a shot.

I don't usually do the Potato starch until right at bedtime, I use it to take the evening meds. Didn't think to do it earlier last night, duh. Will try to remember that for the next fast!

Thanks Sabine, yep I am praying that stressors are done for a while!

Plants in the back are in as well as pulling up some vinca to put in another part of the yard. The rose bushes in the front will have to wait for shade or a cool down this evening!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 254.6 down .4 after a non-fasting day. If that holds till tomorrow morning then that will be a 2 pound loss for my first week back.

A general review of this week, the food went well for the most part. The first fast went very well, the second fast a little more difficult. The non-fast days went very well also, and I find I do best if I don't actually eat breakfast. I am not usually hungry early in the day and, well, it uses up calories that I would rather have later in the day.

As to movement, I did finally time a "plank" though I could only manage a knee to elbow as opposed to a toe to elbow, and made it to a count of 20 (one one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand, etc). My daily steps this week averaged over 7,000 steps a day which is a 2,000 step increase over what I had been doing. And most days I did 10 flights of stairs.

The goals for this coming week are to stick to the stricter 5:2 (fast days under 500, non-fast days under 1,800), keep daily steps over 7,000 and daily flights of stairs over 10, and time my plank again.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X