No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand. I dont make it unless other people will be here to eat it. I made it this weekend for my daughter's wedding shower. I had my other daughter take the leftovers home with her- she can afford the calories.

Comment

• yes, there is that, but just making it is deadly, you know the tasting to see if it is right, gets out of hand. I have been known to wear a dust mask, but well it is just a tease then.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Your impromptu ground meat recipe sounds tasty, especially the mix of cabbage and apple. I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

• you have to love a dinner that is cheap, fast, easy, yummy, healthy, and only leaves you one pot to wash after it is cooked. If you use just straight ground beef, go heavy on spices and herbs.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 10 pm and my tummy is growling. Odd because it is the first time today and I had a huge salad for dinner. That is correct I had calories, I could not walk away from the salad I made and the boys didn't finish. But I still came in right at 500 calories. Drinking a lovely cuppa right now watching Jon Stewart then to bed.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• 254.8 down .8 after a very successful fast day. Today is a non-fasting work day, so coffee with cream and coconut milk this morning and then just dinner tonight. I have baked Mahi-Mahi and sautéed kale (with blue cheese and dried cranberries YUM!!!!), I will also make some rice I think. And ice cream for the boys since they are going out of town tomorrow.

I will have the house to myself for 3 days. I was going to paint but just remembered I have to work on my day off to 'pay' for the day I took off to go see my mom. Just yard work then I guess, if the rain will stop for a few hours, I have some plants to get into the ground and need to finish the compass rose.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Hey Demuralist, I'm wondering how you feel on your fast days. I usually eat dinner around 6:00 and then don't eat until noon or so the next day. For some reason, I think if I don't eat during the day, it will impair my sleep. Not sure where I got this idea. So what's your experience on fasting days?

Comment

• I have been known to have sleep issues in general. I have sleep apnea, suffered with insomnia most of my life, and now that I am getting older I usually have to wake up once in the middle of the night to pee.

I did start taking my last meds of the night with a cup of water that has 1/2T of potato starch mixed in and that has helped.

Having said all of that, I do not notice a difference between days in which I eat "normally" and days when I fast. What I do notice is I do sleep better if I am not full when I lay down.

Last night, my brain seemed to be very active though my body was tired, and I thought I was going to have trouble falling asleep. Not so much, feel asleep well before my meditation was done.

p.s. and just so we are clear, my fasting days (when I am on task) run just around 500 calories, so not a total fast.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Thanks, demuralist. I'm just going to have to try it. We're traveling to Washington state for a couple weeks in July. We'll spend a few days in Seattle but then will spend most of the time in some pretty remote areas of the Cascade Mtns. I thought this would be a good time to do a little IF'ing.

Having the house to yourself for 3 days sounds pretty good!

Comment

• yep, I cherish the house to myself!!

If I was in a remote location, I would have trouble sleeping anyway! I am a city girl, sounds of remote freak me out a bit.

Actually if you don't eat from 6pm until noon, it would be reasonably easy for you to push your lunch later and later until you end up with a 24 hour fast. Essentially that is what I did on Tuesday, I ate dinner, then didn't have calories again until dinner (it was really only 22 hours), then only 500, then not again for another 20 hours. Low calorie days are way easier for me if I only eat once.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Yerba Mate, yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• yep, I am totally addicted right now! I have been mixing one plain and one chocolate making it strong and making it iced in a liter container and drinking it at work. So nice.

255 up .2 after a successful up day. Total calories yesterday were right at 1,600.

So good news and bad news...bad news I can't do a full plank good news is I tried. I did do a "cheater" knees and elbows, tightened my core and counted slowly (one thousand one, one thousand two, etc) to 20. I think that is actually 30 seconds, but I did it last night as I was getting into bed so it was dark.

My steps have been averaging just over 7,000, which is 2,000 a day more than they have been for the past couple of months. Unfortunately the evenings rains, while great for the plants, hinder the desire to take an evening stroll.

Honey and Boo leave this morning. So it is likely that tomorrow I may actually be able to do a total fast. We'll see.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Great on working the plank & steps! And yeah, I'm a born & raised city girl who lives in the suburbs of a large city. I married a city boy who loves adventure so through the years, it's grown on me.

Comment

• My daughter picked up hiking and rustic camping in her freshman year at school, before that she was a city dweller like me. My son has become more of a city dweller now when he used to be more rustic like my husband. I am still a city girl, I can roam all day up and down city streets (or even old neighborhoods) window shopping, checking out the architecture, stopping in museums. Hiking in nature, the dirt the bugs, I don't enjoy nearly as much. Though I can walk all day on the beach, the sand brushes right off and the wind generally keeps the bugs away. Man I miss the beach.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                My daughter picked up hiking and rustic camping in her freshman year at school, before that she was a city dweller like me. My son has become more of a city dweller now when he used to be more rustic like my husband. I am still a city girl, I can roam all day up and down city streets (or even old neighborhoods) window shopping, checking out the architecture, stopping in museums. Hiking in nature, the dirt the bugs, I don't enjoy nearly as much. Though I can walk all day on the beach, the sand brushes right off and the wind generally keeps the bugs away. Man I miss the beach.
                                lol... I live about an hour from the beach... haven't been in nearly 10 years... I guess I got enough of the ocean when I lived on an island as a kid..... would rather head to the mountains or kick back on the farm...

Comment

Working...
                                X