No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caffeinated but more like tea. There is a Chocolate one as well that is very good it is called Mate Chocolatte. The brand I use is Guayaki, and it has been very easy to find, Whole foods and Kroger both have it at the same price actually. I drink it iced (as I do with my coffee as well) but think it would be just as good hot, especially the chocolatte.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok, now I want something.

Can I ask a question? I thought your 4:3 was working really well, at least up until mom fell? Just wondering why the tweaks

BTW, how's mom? How are the kids?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks, demuralist! I'm going to get some today. Out of habit, I always drink my coffee hot, but as the summer heats up, I will have to ice my beverages.

Comment

• well the 4:3 was working well until Christmas. Since then it has been a struggle. So I am thinking if I do a 5:2 kick it program for 6 weeks I can get back into the swing of things. I have really only been able to accomplish 1 decent fast day a week at most. I have been hovering at pretty much the same weight since the beginning of March, whether or not I am on program, so I was thinking a 6 week nose to the grind stone would help get me back to pre-Christmas (pre-funeral, pre-mom's hip) weight in the upper 240's and get me past this slump.

Then I would like to hold onto the 5:2 as long as I continue to lose weight, assuming I do, and push to the 4:3 as necessary to keep things moving in a downward direction.

Truthfully seeing what my Mom had to do for her physical therapy an knowing I would not be able to do it because I don't have the upper body strength she has and I weigh a whole lot more, has got me a bit motivated to get some weight off and improve the strength a bit.

BJDMINN, I got into the habit of drinking my morning drink cold because I can dramatically increase the volume of fluid that I drink. I make the coffee in a 30oz cup. I make a very strong cup and pour it over the cup filled with ice, then add 1/2C coconut milk and 2T heavy cream. Essentially it is breakfast.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK - sounds delicious. Tomorrow morning I will try this.

Comment

• Mom is at that place in her recovery where she thinks she can be independent, and the PT people keep telling her how great she is doing. I worry that she is going to do something dumb. But I hope the conversation about the rod bending scared her enough, and the doc told her what she had to do before she can drive and that freaked her out a little. He said when she can go to an empty parking lot, and speed across it then slam on the brakes and stop on a dime she can drive. Last I heard she still can't really lift the leg (which the PT says is more mental than physical).

Boo is actually reading. He and his buddies are working their way through the books that go with the Game of Thrones series, and they are planning to do a mini marathon in a couple of weeks where they all get together and watch the last 3 shows in season 4. He is working with me digitizing sermons (talk about tedious, the transfer happens in real time, and he has to listen because he is only digitizing the sermon not the whole service and he needs to start it at the start and stop it at the end of the sermons). He and his dad are getting to go shooting about once a week-skeet or more recently trap. And they are going to New York this coming weekend. Honey had to go for a conference, and the plane ticket for Boo was $25 round trip! We never get deals like that, and since the hotel room was already paid for, it will work. They are strategizing on what to go see and when, sounds like the Intrepid and Ellis Island. I think Honey is also trying to talk Boo into a Broadway play, but so far Boo is unconvinced.

Dudla is living in Knoxville this summer, working in a medical lab trying to isolate a virus so that it can be easily detected early and treated quickly. She has already gotten published as part of the team who is working on this. She is also going to be on a panel for a conference at the end of summer on preventing sexual violence, and it is a paid gig! It is in Nashville, so that makes it even better as her expenses will be low.

Food yesterday was great until I decided I wanted ice cream. The problem with the decision is that I was not even close to hungry, in fact I was pleasantly full still from a nice dinner. I had the bowl of sugar free sherbet and well the stomach was not happy, tooooo much food. So the fail is that I ate anything after that dinner. Lesson learned, wanting something mentally is not the same as being hungry, and the end result is very unpleasant so I need to work on that. Oh and up 1 pound since yesterday.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• ok, so I did the typical last hurrah this weekend and am starting the kick ass program on a Monday as per what you are supposed to do right?

Start weight 256.2. Today is not a fast day, so I will eat to physical hunger, working to keep the calories under 2,000. 10,000 steps and 10 fights of stairs for the "tabata" I will "run" up stairs walk down and rest, then repeat. Actually I will probably run up my driveway, it will be easier on the knees. And I will time myself to see how long I can hold a plank.

The youth group is going to Guatemala next week and they will get to meet the young lady that my kids sponsor. So I am going to go out today and pick up a back pack and put a few things in it for them to take to her. Cecilia is in a wheelchair (which the kids sponsorship bought her), so the back pack will need to be able to hang between the handles.

I forgot to tell you the story of Saturday...Honey went on a trip, work related, left Thursday return Saturday. I took him to the airport because for some reason they didn't want to pay for the driver (belt tightening ya know). So, when I went to pick him up he is no where to be seen. I wait at the airport for an hour, texting/emailing/calling, but of course his phone is turned off. Finally I leave and when I get home he is sitting in his lounging pants watching tv! Was I pissed? uh, yeah. So he says he told me he would take a cab home because he was trying to be nice. I said, really then what did I say. He says I did not respond. To which Boo says "Dad, if mom doesn't respond to something you said then she didn't hear you. When has she ever not responded?" Thank you, I think. So I just walked out, went to an antique mall and got myself the cutest turquoise necklace. I felt better after that.

I have bones stewing in the crock pot to make some nice bone broth for my fast days and to help heal. The IBD is getting better though. I need to take some to mom next time I go down.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I've been drinking your ices coffee the last couple of days & it's good! I also make an iced chamomile & lemon tea. Very refreshing. Thanks for the inspiration!

I've had a couple of frustrating incidents through the years as DH has had to travel quite a bit. Glad you found a lovely necklace to ease your frustration.

Good luck today with your goals!

Comment

• yes, I thought that as winter came I would go back to hot coffee and tea, but I missed the iced ones, so I just kept drinking and put on a pair of slippers.

My hubs has hearing issues and doesn't like to wear his hearing aids, so I always make sure I either get a response from him or that I have a witness when I say something to him (this is harder now that both kids are away at college).

I have always told my kids, "you go home with the one who brung ya" which translates to... your ride to a place is your ride home unless very explicit instructions to the contrary have been agreed to by all involved parties. That way you don't get left anywhere. I think the same quote applies here.

and thanks for the support!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• That would probably set me off. What I would have done, were that me, would have been to sent you a text reminding you that I was taking a cab. Of course, I suspect I've done something similar to that myself. I'm trying to be better!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, if it were me, a text exchange would have occurred confirming the arrangements. He was shocked that I was upset, because he was being "thoughtful". Not communicating is not thoughtful. He wonders why Boo says so little? At least Boo communicates needs very clearly, they are few, but I know them.

But in the end, if I don't respond then you have to assume I didn't hear you. I would have at the least said something like "it is Saturday, no problem to pick you up" which he would have had to answer either, the cab fare is cheap, or ok you can pick me up. there is no way that I would not at least say ok, but as you may have figured out from my journal, I am not really a woman of few words. I am trying but mostly unsuccessfully.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Amazing but true, I have finished all of my tasks/errands today, now there are just chores to do.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• not much headway on the chores, never been much of a house keeper

Dinner tonight was amazingly good. I browned a pound of ground beef (any meet would work), added some coconut oil, then added a chopped onion, a large chopped apple, and half of a large head of cabbage-chopped. Just a splash of orange juice to deglaze the pan and it created a sauce, so I decided to add some 5 Spice, a bit of sage, and sprinkled some kelp I had. This was fantastic, made a mass quantity of pretty filling low calorie reasonably inexpensive food. Would have been really good with some homemade sausage. And could certainly serve over noodles if you needed to extend it for teenage boys.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Chris, wanted to let you know I made your granola with my youngest sister, at her request. She has dubbed it "Crack on a Cracker".

Comment

• marcadav, I had to stop making it, literally couldn't stop eating it. Maybe some day I will have grown in my relationship with food that foods like that can come back into my house.

255.6 down .6 after my first non-fasting day of my new 6 weeks strict. Today is a fasting day and I am working to keep it to no calories. For the boys tonight I am going to make a pizza and a salad. I will be drinking lots of water and tea. I had tea this morning instead of coffee so I did without my cream and coconut milk, so far I am doing fine, no differently than if I had had the coffee so that is good.

Honey and Boo are going to New York on Thursday through Saturday, so I am hoping to get part of the bathroom in the master painted. Honey leaves again on Monday through Friday and I am hoping to fix up Boo's room then. A bit ambitious, so we shall see.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X