No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Nancy, I had a Fitbit Force, that lasted about a year, but something happened to it, can't remember what though. I emailed the company and since they don't make them anymore and really I was out of warrenty, they sold me the One for half price.

Yes, the One and the Zip both have a window to read the info, not sure about the bracelet style one. The numbers are lit, so I can check it at night (ie. if I wake up to go to the bathroom I can check the time without a big bright light as when I would check using my phone.

the thing I like about the One that is better than a regular pedometer (not sure if this is true of the Zip though) is that you can wear it just about anywhere on your person. They say you can even put it on your purse, but I never tried it because I usually put my purse down and thus no steps then get counted. But I get consistent results whether I put it on my bra, or in a pocket at chest height or waist height (I wear a lot of jackets to work), or even in front pants pockets or in skirts, or even in my pj's. Not tried a back pocket so I am not sure about that. I have been pretty happy with it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks Chris.........

Comment

• Chris, read some interesting things about ibs in the book it starts with food. If your interested I will get you the info.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• sure, info is always good. Though the book I am borrowing from Ruth by Robb Wolfe has a bunch of stuff in it as well, since he has IBD, too restrictive for me though.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            sure, info is always good. Though the book I am borrowing from Ruth by Robb Wolfe has a bunch of stuff in it as well, since he has IBD, too restrictive for me though.
            I will send on fb. This app does not let me upload anything

Karin

Comment

• Got it thanks!!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 255 up 1.4 after a non-fast day. Today is a fasting day

I was exhausted yesterday. No idea why, but energy has been an issue for a little over a month now. I ate a lot, cause that is what I do when I am at home and tired, and I actually took a 2 hour nap and was still able to fall asleep and sleep well last night.

I feel pretty good this morning.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I'm finding myself exhausted as well. Not sure why, especially since I usually do well in the summer!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I guard my sleep like the Crown Jewels. My husband thinks I focus on this too much, but things can fall apart fairly quickly if I've had a couple of bad nights of sleep.

Comment

• Chris, do you have a go-to ice cream recipe?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• odd thing is that my sleep has been very good. On the trip back from Florida, Dudla drove the whole way except for the last hour or so before she got dropped off, I slept in the back seat almost the whole 8 hours.

Food reasonably clean as well. I feel pretty good today. I actually think it has to do with sitting. I want to move my home computer to a standing station and see if that helps.

May just be stress. I don't feel stressed, but hard to imagine that my mom's situation isn't weighing heavily on my psyche. Especially as it comes so closely after my Father passing.

Basically the only ice cream I make is PB. (I do have a fav Vanilla one, but since I make it so very rarely it is not memorized)

16 oz of Half and Half
                        6 oz PB (most any nut butter should work here, maybe? Or even a Nutella?)
                        3 oz brown sugar

Blend at low speed in my VitaMix for a few minutes. Trying not to make a lot of air bubbles but still getting the sugar well blended.

Put it in your ice cream maker. Just before I am ready to stop the churning, I will sometimes put about a half cup of mini chocolate chips.

I have gone up to 1.5x's the recipe and it still fit in the ice cream maker, but barely. I have a Cuisinart one that has the container that you have to pre-freeze. ($99 one, works very well)

The thing I find with the homemade icecream is that I use a lot less sugar than recipes usually call for, but there is a trade off in texture if you go too low with it.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Keep us in the loop about mama..hope she is doing well and the pain us under control. Very sweet of your daughter to drive so you can rest.

So..question..you feel better because you sat??

Karin

Comment

• no, I think sitting makes me lethargic. Sort of Newton's law (I think it was Newton) ... objects at rest tend to stay at rest.

Yep, the daughter is a good kid! She needs to keep in practice driving anyway, she goes long periods without while she is away. She got her first paid speaking gig! Sometime in August, on a panel at the annual Sexual Assault Prevention Conference!

Mom is doing really well, I worry now that she will get cocky and "forget" she is as incapacitated as she really is and do something less than safe. She still actually has trouble lifting her right leg, even to get into her shower or into the house (both those steps are maybe 3" to 4"). I did try to put the fear of God into her a bit, and told her one of the reasons they took the rod out of Boo's arm was fear that he would break his arm again and bend the rod in the process which would make it extremely difficult to get out. (the other reason being he was still growing) Her rod goes most of the length of her femur I think. Pain is totally controlled now that she can control how she takes the meds. She has gotten it spread out to 1 pill every 6 hours, it is prescribed for up to 2 every 4, so she is doing well.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

I ended the week where I started weight wise. To be fair yesterday's fast was not the best.

At the very least, I plan to switch out my morning coffee on fast days for Yerba Mate, which I don't have to drink with cream or coconut milk, so I would save 120 in the morning, which would extend the period of no calories from dinner Monday to dinner Tuesday.

I am also thinking of doing my fast days as real fast days, virtually no calories, just the teas and see how that goes. I have a problem with stopping. I can put off starting to eat reasonably well, but once I have started, well I tend to nibble.

So essentially the fast will go from dinner on Monday until coffee/cream/coconut milk on Wednesday morning. We will see how that goes. Hope to do this 2 days a week, Tuesday and Friday.

The people who wrote the original 5:2 have come out with a new book, and it has a free app that goes with it. their web site explains enough that I can do it using the app. Basically it is a 6 week program where you are stricter. It is still a 5:2 or 4:3, but paying more attention to the up days, doing the exercise component, and keeping track of it all.

So I am going to hit it hard for the 6 week program. It starts on Monday, because I can't figure out how to make the app start in the middle of the week

The plan

Food
                              ...Fast on Tuesday and Friday = less than 535 calories
                              ...non-fast days no more than 2,100 calories
                              Movement
                              ... going for 10,000 steps a day
                              ...some form of Tabata 3x's a week
                              ...strength, yeah, gotta be honest with myself, I am not going to do it. What I do plan to do is to hold a plank, M-W-F and see how long I can do it and chart progress or lack there of.
                              ...not that this is true movement, but I am working to make my home computer a standing one as well. Cutting down on the amount of time I sit in a day.
                              Last edited by demuralist; 06-07-2014, 06:59 AM.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Does Yerba Mate taste similar to coffee? Is it caffeinated?

Comment

Working...
                                X