No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris, if your printer is wireless and you haven't tried this-- try resetting the modem and then restarting the printer. My printer is temperamental and this helps sometimes.

Comment

• Gosh, now I better wait until tomorrow, so you have something to do then
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Sorry, I was locked in testing all afternoon.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• it is wireless, but I don't think I have a modem? We have some sort of system for the whole place. If we do have a modem, it is not something that I mess with our tech guy would have to come in.

I went to HP's website and followed a set of instructions there, they didn't work.

ok, well tomorrow will be just as bad, so you gals need to step it up!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like you are looking successful today with your food.

I want a dessert.. It's unreasonable but I do. I have already had an apple and a banana with sunbutter.. Sigh.. Going to have to tough through it. Hey, if I (ms. Flighty) can do 18 days on a whole 30, you got this!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Do you have any coconut flakes? Heat then in a saute pan. They are crunchy and sweet.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep, very successful fast day. Now I just need to not eat anything until tomorrow. I have my tea all picked out, so I can do it. I don't generally eat anything after dinner so I am not really worried.

Maybe you could have a nice drink with some coconut milk? A large glass of a nice chai with a touch of coconut milk, filling, sweet, not crunchy though.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You can do it.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks! Yep I did do it. I had a bite of the boys pasta while I was putting into lunch containers for them, force of habit, but I had calories to spare at the end of the day, so I still came in under my 535. I really need to work to stop putting things in my mouth without thinking.

253.2 down 1.2. The day felt physically and mentally successful, a perfect way to have a first fast day back.

I don't eat during the day on my work days, so just dinner tonight, but won't hold it to 500 calories. Not sure what it is going to be yet.

I have to take Honey to the airport today during my 'lunch hour', but then he will be gone until Saturday morning. I am going to repaint the compass rose on our deck that was nearly obliterated when they pressure washed it. The have resealed the deck and now I just need to do the compass rose and then the deck will be done. Then I need to get onto painting the furniture for it. I have one of those 1950's sets I got at a garage sale and it needs sanded and painted. Then we will be able to use the deck. That would be lovely.

They should be done with the house painting by the end of the week, so then I can get onto the landscape again. Replanting in the open spots and doing the brick border. I am waiting for them to tear down the house across the street then I am going to take my wheelbarrow over and scavenge the bricks for the border. Hopefully it will be in the fall so it is cooler!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yea on a successful day!!!

Can you not stain the compass rose on and then have them seal that as well?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks!

the stain I use for the compass rose is a semi-transparent stain/seal. Essentially the same product they used on the rest of the deck just different colors. They taped off the rose so that their stain wouldn't seal the wood so that my stain would still take. The deck looks amazing. I was afraid the semi-transparent would cover too much of the wood grain, but it actually enhanced it. I will post a picture when I finish the rose.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Good job on your fasting day yesterday. It is always so satisfying to have a success to start the week.

Comment

• Chris: I remember seeing that you bought a new fitbit. Can you tell me what kind you have? I have been wanting to buy one for about a year. But there are so many to choose from. What do you think of the one you have?

Comment

• Thanks Sabine, you are right, it definitely helps to put me in a great frame of mind for the rest of the week!

Hi loveswalking, I have the Fitbit One. I use it as much for sleep as for a pedometer, so that is why I got this one. I just always keep it in my pocket, I have a pocket in my pj's too, because I didn't want to have to wear one of those Bracelets. If I was just worried about the steps though I might have gotten the zip. The Zip doesn't count flights of stairs, though to be fair, the One isn't super accurate with that anyway. I don't use it to set goals either, if you do then I think you have to get the bracelet one.

I like that the One talks to my computer (most of the time) and to my phone it also works with My Fitness Pal, (pretty sure the Zip will too) so I can keep track of steps and sleep even when I am out of town without my computer. The battery also lasts a really long time, and the thing is very small so it never shows in the pocket. I don't generally use the silicone thingy to clip to bra or pocket unless I don't have any pockets, but it seems to give me the same numbers no matter where I wear it.

I am happy with it. I am not a big numbers person, mostly use them to compare day to day, so I don't know how accurate the steps are, but they are consistent, which works for me. Though I know it is not as accurate as other devices for sleep info, it is good enough to give me comparative numbers.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Chris: Thanks for getting back to me. Can you read them without having them hooked up to a computer or phone? I have only had just regular pedometers and they don't work or last very long.
                                Nancy

Comment

Working...
                                X