Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn. How Frustrating.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thinking of you. Big hugs.

Comment

• I have no idea why they didn't follow through with the patch. It would be very nice if she could get it so she has it at home at least. I am waiting for my sister to make up the calendar. My aunt will be the first one to stay with mom and should be there till the 6th.

I will call my mom after her lunch, and see what she has to say. Then chat with my sis and see if she can call the doc and get a patch for sleep purposes.

Thanks for all y'alls support!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So food last week...no clue...weight...forgot to get on the scale.

My plans for this week...since I learned from my mom that being healthy makes the healing process so much easier (mom vs her roommate in rehab), I am committed to doing 45 minutes of movement a day. This number comes from the study on people over 90 I saw on 60 minutes. It doesn't have to be strenuous, so that will include my gardening and walking.

Food, since the IBD is active, is better in small doses. Something I am going to have to work on, since I generally would rather eat one large meal that 3 to 5 small ones. I am going to focus on my own brand of Whole 30. Not really whole 30 at all, but the idea that for the next 30 days my focus will be on health and not weight. Eating foods that have the nutrients I need to combat the IBD and the deficiencies that it causes, and only enough to get the nutrients I need, so that I don't over tax the system.

Meds, well, duh, gotta take em. ALL, as directed and needed.

So here is the list...

A.M.:
          Asacol 3x's 800
          VSL#3 1x
          D3 2x's 2,000iu
          Calcium 1x's 300mg
          Green Coffee Bean Extract 1x
          Garcinia Cambogia 1x

With dinner:
          Bormelain 1000GDU

P.M.:
          Asacol 3x's 800mg taken with 1C H2O/1T Potato Starch
          Canasa

Foods I need to include:
          Flaxmeal 2T
          Gelatin 2T
          dark leafy greens
          banana, berries, citrus
          figs
          dark chocolate (!)
          fish
          avocado
          nuts and seeds
          well sourced beef
          tea

Raw veggies, except for the basic greens in salads, kept to a minimum
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• As I was coming back from body sculpting I was wondering how your ibs was doing.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• it is under control at the moment, but I would say it could go either way depending on how I take care of myself in these next few weeks.

So Mom is planning to go home on Sunday. Apparently she has pain patches of various strengths at home, so she is done arguing with the night nurses at rehab.

She can get up off a chair and the toilet (with rails) or out of bed, can move around with the walker, and is tired of eating their food (for some reason there is a dirth of fresh fruits and veggies, and of course lots of chicken).

Her ladies group is meeting in the community room at the center this afternoon so we was excited.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like she is eating healthier than in most hospitals!!

Make sure you are being good to yourself and nourishing yourself. When are you going back to visit?

Karin

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Yep, she eats pretty simple and clean 90% of the time, then there is ice cream...

I can't really go for 3 weeks I need to "repay" the days I took off to go this time. We went during the week to fit Dudla's schedule so it cost me some work time.

I also want to go when my sister needs me there so I need to check with her.

I think to take care of myself I need to clean up intake and pick up outtake, sleep well, and get some things done so that I feel like I am accomplishing something.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 05-30-2014, 02:13 PM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ahhh, I see.

Karin

Comment

• 255.6 that is pretty much what I weighed before I left except for a quick 2.5 pound up swing the day before which is now gone.

I am planning to implement some of the things I learned by watching the 60 Minutes piece on people 90+ years old.

1 to 3 cups of coffee a day
                      1 to 3 adult beverages a day
                      45 minutes of movement a day
                      Less concern about what I eat, more about the amount, so that I can get to a reasonable weight.
                      Supplements only as blood work shows I need them
                      Work on increasing my social activities
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• So still primal in what you eat? Can't remember if wheat and dairy cause issues.

Karin

Comment

• My plan for what I eat is to go as close to the source as possible, eat as simply as is reasonable, and to work to learn to follow the 4 Golden Rules, because I have been "dieting" in various forms for years, and the most successful I have been is when I do them...

1.Eat ONLY when I am physically hungry...ie. tummy actually growled or something similar
                          2.Eat ONLY what I actually feel hungry for, not what I "think" I should eat (I know deep down the body knows what I need)
                          3.Eat mindfully, paying attention to if this is really what my body wanted
                          4. STOP!!!!! when I am no longer hungry

Not sure if it is wheat exactly that causes a problem, but fiber from non-veggie and non-fruit sources causes a problem.
                          Dairy does not cause me a problem, at least in reasonable amounts. A tablespoon or 2 a day in coffee, and actually I do better when I do yogurt daily.

I feel like I have overcomplicated the issue, and it has gotten me nowhere. Trying to simplify.
                          Last edited by demuralist; 05-31-2014, 07:46 AM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Honestly, that's what works best for me. I think I eat mostly primal and simple, but am trying to enjoy it when I do have a treat. And, when I have a treat, I'm trying to make it what I want and make it very good. If it is just mediocre, I'm trying to stop eating it.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• For treats, 99.9% of the time, they are homemade. The exceptions are that at Mom's house we have ice cream every night and there is the occasional bit of chocolate.

I am going to be tracking this time though. The last time I lost weight using the 4 rules I didn't track and then had no clue what was working. Data lost. I realize that tracking when I am following my body's cues so that I can follow the tracking later seems counter intuitive, but it helps when I have slipped off the rail.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan, Good luck.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X