No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha. I bought a bag of chocolate mini bars to make s'mores on the way home yesterday as well as triple chocolate ice cream! She had a chocolate cake in the fridge already.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Glad mom is doing better. Hang in there with the kiddo.............
      -- Ruth

Comment

• The PT's are impressed with mom's general physical strength and feel like she should be home in time for her birthday which is the 5th! In order for that to happen she has to pretty much be independent since sis's school year doesn't end until the 22nd.

It has been a bit emotionally hard for her to be here because it is where my dad was. Lots of the nurses, advocates, and PT remember her so they chat about dad and of course didn't know he had passed. The PT has promised to see what she can do about the pain meds.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Glad to hear she is healing nicely. Getting on top of the pain will make a huge difference and improve so much.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Damn the nurses each read the instructions for the pain med differently. So getting one on board then going home doesn't work. Shift change, they wouldn't give mom what she needed. I may have to spend the night in a chair in her room. Very stressed.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Uh!! Have you talked to the doctor?

Karin

Comment

• Finally got the night nurse to understand the issues. She got the doc to prescribe something to help her sleep and a patch that she can wear during the night for the pain. So it solves the problem without them having to worry about her getting too many narcotic drugs. Win win. Hopefully it all came through in enough time.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  Damn the nurses each read the instructions for the pain med differently. So getting one on board then going home doesn't work. Shift change, they wouldn't give mom what she needed. I may have to spend the night in a chair in her room. Very stressed.
                  Just checking in on you and mom. Thinking of you.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Gotta love fentanyl patches.....

Comment

• Poor Mom.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well glad the pain issues are working out..

Karin

Comment

• Hope she is feeling better today!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Nope, turns out no patch, no idea why. Mom is telling everyone she is fine. She said for me not to bother to try to get the patch because "they don't do anything anyway, they don't do what they say they will so what is the point." I asked lil sis (not the one who lives there the one who visited after I left) if they got the patch and she says "no mom is having a good day and doesn't need it". So mom is not even telling her. Oh and by the way, yes, she does very well during the day it it the night time that she needs the little extra boost of the patch. She goes home on Sunday and will have control over her own pain meds. Wish she could get the patch to use at home so there isn't a possibility of her overdosing herself.. going to have to talk to her about that.

I am stressed because I left (Dudla had to be back for an interview today), just could not figure out a reasonable way to get her back to the interview so I could stay a couple of more days.

Mom is doing very very well during the day, progressing nicely in her PT. Sis is making a calendar of the people that will hang out with mom during the day while sis is at work. Just to have someone there in case something happens. Sis works in the school system and her last day is June 23rd. Of course her boyfriend is back in the hospital so she is royally stressed.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Oh girl.. I can not imagine the stress and anxiety you are feeling. Are you planning on going back soon? Is there just one kind of patch?

Karin

Comment

• No wise words from me, so just big HUGS.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X