Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Thanks Sabine I will check it out.

Ruth I haven't been able to check. I have been with Dudla at any time I could have called. I think she is going to surgery today. Dudla's test starts in about an hour an I will find info then.

We had a great evening getting ready for the test. Fantastic hotel situation, sushi at Dudla's fav place, watched the end of The Holiday on tv before bed. We are up and getting ready to go to breakfast.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Where is she taking the test?? I know some tests are only given at certain times locally but hers is a pretty common test. Wishing her success on the test! Tell her she has this!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• This test is given about once a month in each city so we had to go back to Knoxville to get the date she wanted. Nasville's date was too close to finals and then too late in the summer.

The hotel called me yesterday and told me they couldn't give me the room I had reserved and wanted to up grade us to a suite with a king. But I said that well I really needed 2 beds. So they gave us 2 small suites at less total cost than the original room! Small kitchen and all.

So she woke up perky, happy, and confident. They had real eggs and yogurt at the free breakfast as well as fresh fruit, both cut and whole (so she was able to eat some and take some for snack later). So my little vegetarian did not have to do excess carbs which she was worried about because it makes her sleepy.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yay. Good luck to your daughter. I know she'll do fantastic. When I took the GRE, you got your score (except for the written part, which was sent to be graded) right there. Same thing with MCAT?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Good luck Dudla!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks all! Apparently she doesn't get the score for 30 days? They actually curve the final grades to allow for the fact that some of the tests are easier than others. Of course the problem is that how she feels about how she did may or may not be legit. Also, It sucks because by the time she finds out and would be able to schedule for a second try she will already be turning in her med school apps.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                ... the problem is that how she feels about how she did may or may not be legit...
                I think this can be the real killer. You can be beating yourself up for nothing.

Comment

• I am hoping that Honey doesn't say to her what he just conveyed to me, about her possible test score and signing up to take the test again. She was shooting for a 30, which he says is "only the 50th percentile and she should be shooting for a 40". And that is why they come to me with everything. He is a bit of a wet blanket, though he would say he is a realist.

I got her a bottle of Watermelon Margarita, and left her with a friend for the weekend, who has a pool, exercise room, and sand volleyball court at his apartment complex.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• God save us from realist husbands...
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yeah, no shit!

Mom's surgery should start in about 15 minutes. Sis says Mom is antsy and restless and past ready emotionally for the surgery, and they finally got a pain med combo that did the trick yesterday.

weight is holding steady. This should tell me something. I think it is that if I focus on life and eat to hunger, I can maintain. Now I just have to figure out how to lose it.

Yesterday I actually ate 4 times, 3 meals and a snack.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Surgery going good???
                        Karin

Comment

• Mom just called me, so yep the surgery went well! She sounds like her old self, humor and all, if a little slurred (pain meds will do that to ya). She told me the whole story, she kept me on the phone for almost 30 minutes.

They are keeping her in ICU overnight, because of the blood thinner/heart valve complication, but are very happy with how she is doing.

I am sure she is restless and bored out of her mind!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• no word on mom yet this morning.

food yesterday was a disaster. Too much of the wrong kinds of food. I feel like shit this morning. I am going to use this to motivate me to stay on track.

While my IBD is active I need to cut way back on dairy, grains, beans, and raw veggies. Increase fruits and cooked veggies, fish, and resistant starch. Oddly, one of the things I do best with is sushi. Vitamins C and D, magnesium, and calcium are important. As well as being faithful to taking all of my medications.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Mom stood up and walked over to a chair with her PT. She was moved out of ICU late morning.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Great news about your mom!!! I am sure your mind is more at ease.

Do what you need to get get the ibd under control. Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X