No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not tried them yet, but hope to this summer some time.

Dudla had a minor breakdown last night. Too much stress. The MCAT is worrying her quite a bit. She was taking a practice test, and got stuck on a problem she knew she could solve and then ended up running out of time. It was the straw that broke the camel's back, and she went into a serious crying jag. I was in the kitchen and thought I heard something, so went up to check on her, sat with her, reassuring her, rubbing her back, and subsequently almost ruined dinner which was on the stove. Luckily Boo was on it, got up from his reading to finish the prep! So then, Dudla checked the test, and even having not finished it she had improved her scores. So she calmed down. She is so worried that if she doesn't do well her life will be ruined and her dad will think she is a failure. OMG! the things you allow stress to do to your mind! I told her she could just retake it for heavens sake.

She takes it Thursday morning, so time is pressing in on her, though she is right on time with her studying. She is having trouble with physics. I told her to talk to Boo about it, he just had physics last semester. She didn't want him to think she was dumb! Lordy, girl it is your brother, you each have your strengths and weaknesses. They are supposed to work on it this afternoon.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh I feel for her with this licensure test coming up for me. Tell her to hang in there and shoot take advantage of her resources!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have Boo researching test taking info for the MCAT right now.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Do you have a go-to Oatmeal raisin cooking recipe?

It's hard at that age. I took everything so seriously. When I got my first B, I was in tears for days....I was sure I'd never get a job. Please. All of that stuff becomes so incidental in the grand scheme of things But, it's hard to see that when you're young. Hope things get better for her.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I do baked oatmeal, Raspberry Baked Oatmeal To-Go | Sprint 2 the Table on the rare occasions that I do cookies I actually use the recipe in the oatmeal lid, sub mini chocolate chips for the raisins (none of us are fans) and add peanut butter.

Yep, she was in total "I am a failure" mode. Had to remind her about how accomplished she really is, and like you said in the scheme of things how unimportant this will end up being. Of course if Honey had heard me, he would have had heart failure!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• My DH would too. In fact, he struggles because my boys are beyond exceptionally smart, and their grades do NOT reflect any such thing. Of course, as I remind him, their lives are a bit different and they've been focused on a lot of other things. But, honestly, I'm the one that had exceptional grades. I did most of the "right" things (clubs, jobs, etc., etc.). I got a good job, climbed the corporate ladder. And you guys know, that didn't necessarily make me happy (not to say your daughter won't be happy and she shouldn't try hard...). And, once I had an internship and experience, not one person has ever looked at my grades. The fact that I have a masters degree, yes. But, not my grades.

My middle guy, who hardly ever asks me for anything, asked me for oatmeal raisin cookies. So, I shall look at the recipe in the oatmeal canister. Thanks!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Both of my children could get straight A's, or close to it, in college, if that was the most important thing to them. Luckily it isn't. While my Honey would be so happy if they did do it, he has to admit that college life is just that, life. On the other hand, he was Valedictorian of his high school and college class (much smaller schools though in my children's defense) and at least in college, well lets just say he enjoyed his life a lot.

Me, well, while I think it is important to have life goals and work hard to achieve them, I also believe you need to be flexible and roll with the punches. Thus the one sentence explanation as to how I ended up with a husband, 2 kids, and a part time job as a glorified receptionist instead of single and famous on HGTV as the "it" designer.

The oatmeal canister has never failed me.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Well shit. Mom fell this afternoon and broke her hip. Has been admitted to the hospital. Sis says she is in great spirits only in pain if she moves. She doesn't have her phone yet so I don't have a lot of details.

Don't want to tell Dudla till after her test but am certain that certain family members will post on facebook so she will likely see it and add stress to her already fragile mental state.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Oh no!!!! When are you heading down?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Not till Sunday. Dudla has a wedding to go to on Saturday night.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Said a quick prayer for your mom. Hope she heals soon!!!!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Sorry about Mom's fall.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Surgery in the morning. Sis has an inside track...she knows a nurse in the O.R. And should get the full story by the time she gets to work at 6:30.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Yikes. I'm so sorry to hear that. NPR is doing a very interesting series on broken hips. Lots of good information (and somewhat scary, but it is best to be prepared!). It plays on Wednesdays, and I think they have two episodes already in the archives.

Comment

• How's mom??????
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X