No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your daughter is incredibly beautiful...She looks like her Mom.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• You are very sweet, thanks so much! I am not partial or anything, but her beauty truly shines from the inside out. She friended me on Facebook yesterday (my gift from her on her 21st birthday), and truly the beautiful things that her friends said in their birthday wishes to her made me cry with pride!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 256, back down 1.4, now lets just keep that going.

Life is not terribly exciting right now. Dudla is studying for her MCAT and Boo is reading the Game of Throne series so the house stays pretty quiet. Honey has been using his tv/hearing aid device so the rest of us don't have to listen to the "news" he watches. I am just knitting and putzing around. I am not complaining mind you, I love it!

This Saturday starts our outdoor concert series again, so that will be fun. And Sunday, we have a mini meeting at my house to organize the Youth reunion for this summer.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am feeling a little pressured/overwhelmed. I have 2 events this weekend, both of which I am looking forward to, but which I have to cook for. But I worked on my day off this week. So I have to do all the work tomorrow. Shop, cook, clean. And the weather is beautiful, so it is hard to stay inside. Hope the weather holds out until Monday!
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• intermittent internet, had to go old school on the recipes, pulled out the cookbooks. So, all new recipes...

Chicken Waldorf Salad
            "Cole Slaw" (use mixed greens to include kale and brussell sprouts among others)
            Wild Rice Salad

Dessert is Pecan Bars
            Last edited by demuralist; 05-17-2014, 12:46 PM.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Um, yum. Let me know what time I should arrive...........
              -- Ruth

Comment

• We are off to the Bluebird on the Mountain. It is an outdoor concert, and we take a picnic. Tonight we are meeting friends as well.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Oh fun!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• FANTASTIC show!!!! Food turned out well, though I did bake the dessert a tad too long it was good too. BUT, it was freezing. I had warned the couple we took that it is colder on the mountain than in the city, and being yankees (from Chicago) they very smartly layered, as did Honey. I was not as well prepared. I did wear a light sweater and a trench coat, but that was not near enough! Luckily, part of what I take up is a bag that has 4 lap blankets and 4 rain ponchos, be prepared right? So by the end of the concert I had all 4 blankets on and had it gone one more round I would have pulled out one of those ponchos to hold in my body heat. Crazy stuff since I usually run hot.

Planning meeting today for the Youth reunion. Not sure what we are going to do for the rest of the day. The weather is stunningly beautiful. Dudla is studying during the day, and has company tonight, Boo is reading the Game of Thrones series. Honey has to clean the aquarium. BFF and her hubby would like to come by and do a little celebration for Dudla's birthday, Honey thinks we should not keep Dudla from studying, Dudla takes evenings off so I don't know what to do on that one. I would suggest a cook out if I had gotten anything we could put on the grill when I was at the grocery yesterday. Poor planning on my part. Maybe we can just do a picnic on the porch.

this is a note to myself...IBD kicking back in, start Asocol 2x's a day
                    Last edited by demuralist; 05-18-2014, 08:00 AM.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Did something trigger the ibd?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Karin

Comment

• probably a combo of things. Stress is a big one, though I don't feel stress now, it is more likely from Dad's illness and subsequent passing. Trouble with the IBD is that it is not instant (like an allergic reaction) or even close to instant. Stress starts a progression of things that tip the scales to a flare. I should have know it was coming and started taking the meds. I had stopped them because the pharmacist had told me they would be $1400 every 3 months. But I think it is actually "only" $125 every three months. I hoarded at the end of the year though so I have a good supply, and am now taking the full dose.

My diet since the kids have been home is not helpful either, I need to go straight well sourced meat/cooked veggies/fresh seasonal fruit. Legumes and grains have creeped in, as well as a large daily salad. These are an issue when I am well, but they are not at all helpful when I am on the downward slide.

I started having unexplained aches in joints and muscles and that appears to be a tip off. It is so long between flares (thank God!) that I don't remember or recognize the signs.

The sad/odd thing is that I am one of the few "lucky" people who do not lose weight during a flare. The docs have no explanation and think it is a good thing.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• wow, my sleep efficiency last night was 99%! And I had to sleep downstairs with Honey because Dudla has company.

256.6 up a pound, I consider that a blessing as I have been eating a lot the last few days. Shopping this morning to pick up what I need to keep my intestines happy.

I went to salvage some bricks from a building that got torn down, but there were not enough, they were ugly, and they were still in one giant block attached to cinder blocks. So I decided to wait on it, they are going to tear downy he house across the street, I will just go over there with my wheel barrow and get what I need.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Hey, awesome about the sleep!!
                            Karin

Comment

• It has been pretty consistently in the low 90%'s but last night was fantastic. Wish I knew what I did to make it happen. I actually felt wide awake when I went to bed and thought, oh well this is gonna be a crappy night. Go figure!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Those gummies look good. Have you tried them?

Congratulations on having an all grown up daughter! It is a happy feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X