No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was not here as well. In fact they are talking triple digits this week already.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think we only got to 86, supposed to be the same for a few days.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So Honey comes to me, wants me to read an article. Well sure. It is a WSJ article that is the whole story of the Keys research and it's flaws as well as the facts that we are all familiar with regarding the fact that subsequent research not only doesn't back it up but actually debunks it. Good article. Naturally backs up what I have been trying to tell him. I did NOT say told you so, just told him it seemed well researched. He agreed.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          you always make me smile, and sometimes, blush a little
          Well, my job is done here! lol

Comment

• 255.4 down .2 I grazed yesterday. I was hungry for carbs. I got a bag of figs for Dudla, and I opened them. ok yes, I wanted them and so I really got them for me, and until yesterday I had managed to limit them to a few after dinner. But yesterday, I kept going back to the bag every time I came through the kitchen. I need to stop, I do best when I don't do any snacks, or if the snack is basically my meal. In other words I have no more than 3 eating incidents in a day. So that is what I am returning to today. Today is still an up day, but I will be drinking more and eating less than the past couple of days.

On a positive note, I have been averaging about 8,000 steps a day and getting the equivalent of at least 10 flights of stairs in daily.

Last night we watched 60 minutes. They did a show on 90+ people. Research is being done to find things that are the most likely predictors of getting that old. Living to 90 and beyond - CBS News

love it. Adding this info to the info in the WSJ article the Honey showed me yesterday, it is encouraging and is giving me some motivation to do some things. ie. making sure that I get 45 minutes of movement in every day, drinking a glass of wine or other adult beverage every day, and worrying a little bit less about nutrients etc.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• didn't get a chance to weigh this morning.

My decisions for going forward...

-work days I eat one meal
              -days off I eat 2 meals
              -fresh food as close to the source as is reasonable
              -no food restrictions
              -45 minutes a day of movement, everyday
              -1 to 2 alcoholic beverages daily
              -1 to 3 cups of coffee daily
              -weigh daily

Most of these are from the 60 Minutes article.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I like that. I need to start the movement again. The one other thing I'm trying to add is a little bit of fresh air daily. Sometimes, I go days without leaving the house. This is the danger, sometimes, of being an introvert.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• well, this time of year, the weeds insure that I get to be outside for at least a little bit everyday.

I would like to get to the 10,000 steps a day. But it feels like I have been gypped when I don't get steps for gardening and I have worked my ass off. Yesterday, I had to remove a small tree that was not doing well and was too close to the house. I tried to dig it out but couldn't get a good angle on it, so after 30 minutes of trying that I finally just sawed it down and carted the pieces to the fire pit. But, I had originally thought I would transplant it so I had already chiseled into the hard clay to dig a hole where I was going to put it! So then I had to refill that hole. Then I had to plant the Aucuba I had bought, again chiseling a hole. I also planted succulents in the rock garden. That was a much easier task, basically just moving a few large stones and placing the plant with its dirt and a bit more for good measure.

I was out there for hours, but got less than 4,000 steps yesterday, and it only caught one set of stairs, not sure why, cause I went up and down the stairs and the driveway (which is very steep) more than a few times.

So I got my Vitamin D and my movement yesterday!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I would say the chiseling the hole replaces the amount of steps you think you lost as well as the flights of stairs. Different muscles and a different kind of exertion.

Ruth- I hear you about not getting out of the house.. I have my moments when the only fresh air is going to work and coming home, inside alllllllll day.
                    Karin

Comment

• I know but it is just irritating not to get "credit" for it
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I made lamb meatballs with fig sauce (Practical Paleo cookbook) and they were a revelation. I've never had hot fig stuff before, only Newtons and dried figs. Next adventure: raw figs!

Comment

• I didn't enjoy raw figs near as much as I do dried figs. I LOVE dried figs. Cannot have in the house. I will eat them ALL.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Figs in every iteration. Fresh with yogurt and raw local honey. Dried right out of the bag.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Mmmmm figs... They are evil. Lol
                              Karin

Comment

• 254.8 down .6, total down 3 since I got back from Mom's. ate one meal yesterday, it was a long day, but had a great drive back with Boo, literally talked the whole way, fantastic conversation (more later). The downside was that he was totally talked out by the time he got home and all he said to his dad was hello. They are going shooting today though, so that will make up for it.

Get home tired, so I go into the bedroom to change and I pull my pants off then I realize I did it without unbuttoning or unzipping them! They slipped right off. Now, granted they were not out of the dryer fresh, I had worn them all day through packing and unpacking the car, but still, they came right off. They went on easily enough, no tugging or pulling to zip them up, when they were dryer fresh, which made me smile, but would never had expected them to slide off like that.

So smaller if not lighter and in the end, I don't care what the scale says since the only other person who knows what it says (besides you guys) is my doctor, it could stay the same if I could get to a size 12 or so. HAHA, that would be weird.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X