Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and the jeans are loose!

Got the shoes at Stein Mart, they are Boc brand, paid too much ($60), but they are super comfy as the base is filled with cushioning, the sole is actually flexible.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      Glad someone is enjoying me😊
      holymoly in my journal Id run that one back for a touchdown... but I shall be respectful here and keep it clean... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        holymoly in my journal Id run that one back for a touchdown... but I shall be respectful here and keep it clean... lol
        you always make me smile, and sometimes, blush a little
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• here is a photo of the original recipe for the poppy seed dressing. I have modified it and now make it as an emulsion without the sugar but with a bit of liquid stevia added at the end. You could obviously just leave out the sweetener. IMG_1069.jpg
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I need a caramel sauce for a cheesecake. Any suggestions?
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              I need a caramel sauce for a cheesecake. Any suggestions?
              Easy Homemade Caramel Sauce – Easy Caramel Sauce

yummy and easy! if your sugar has big granules it is probably best to run it through a spice grinder.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I knew you'd be able to help me. Thanks
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Glad to help. The hotter it gets the thicker the sauce until you hit about 250 (?i think) and then you are getting into candy making.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 05-03-2014, 09:26 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• 253.4 same. Yesterday was a day in which I just followed my hunger. Still only had 2T of HWC and no wheat.

Dinner tonight is a catered affair, so not sure how that is going to go.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• 253.0 lost .4? weird stuff going on here.

When I got home yesterday, I was starving, so I had some celery with PB and dried cranberries (very difficult to resist the cheese but I did it).

The dinner was actually quite nice. Cocktails before (I don't drink when I am out...I am the driver, I talk too much when I drink, and I don't want to waste calories) so I drank sparkling water. Dinner was a lovely green salad with goat cheese, pine nuts, and strawberries. Then, fillet mignon (! it was a finance conference complete with several Nobel Laureates), sautéed spinach, asparagus, and a half a cornish hen with stuffing. I skipped the rolls (Honey ate mine as well as his, every time the waiters would come by and my bread plate was empty they would put another roll on it-but not on Honey's-it was hilarious), but went ahead and ate dessert, which was a napoleon with fresh berries. I should have skipped the pastry part of that as it was a bit dry, but the cream and berries were wonderful.

It was also very nice to get to see some of Honey's co-workers and their spouses that I generally only get to see a couple of times a year.

Today, well, BFF and her hubby are coming for dinner and cards. It is her hubby's birthday, which means homemade apple pie, homemade vanilla ice cream, and homemade caramel sauce for dessert. For dinner I am baking some bread (Honey requested it, and BFF loves it), then will have a nice tampenade spread for that, and will put out veggies and dip as well as some cheese. We usually just nibble when they are here as we play cards, so we can get up and munch when it is not your turn.

Point is, well, my dairy and wheat restrictions are out the window today. But well worth it!

After I finish all the baking this morning, I will go out and work in the yard. The lawn needs mowed and the weather is glorious today!!!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• The dinner sounds lovely and very reasonable.. Real food and all..wow.. My mouth was watering at the description.

So today is an up day with the company coming? Ooooo... I need to make some tapenade.. What recipe do you use?

Hooray for weight loss!!
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• for my tapenade, I usually just throw some olives into a food processor. Some green, some black, some kalamata, maybe some marinated red peppers, (all depends on what is in the fridge) then give it a whir. Add spices if needed.

Oh, yes a definite UP day. I am going to drink as much as I can during the day to try to keep the calories to a minimum until dinner. I have done my 1C of coffee with its 1T of cream (it was iced so it was 30oz of fluid). I will now switch to teas with coconut milk, iced (each of those are 30oz of fluid as well).
                          Last edited by demuralist; 05-04-2014, 06:49 AM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• up 2.6! but it was worth it. homemade bread with yummy spreads, margaritas, apple pie, ice cream, and caramel sauce. The plan to drink tea all day failed and I ended up actually barely drinking anything, well anything non-alcoholic anyway.

Beautiful today, thinking Honey and I will go out to the farmer's market, get a couple of plants and I will work in the yard tomorrow.

So yesterday, my electric lawn mower would not start, very frustrated, turned out it was the outlet not the mower. Then it turned out it was all the exterior outlets. So I assumed it was a breaker. A friend came to help me check it out, and, embarrassingly enough it was the GFI. der! I wasted a lot of irritation on that, and by allowing myself to get that frustrated and irritated I totally bypassed the most obvious first choice of things to check. Gotta learn to be calmer and think things through.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Oh, yum. Sounds fantastic.

Hope you have a great day.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• best caramel sauce I have ever made! I accidentally bought coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, so I used it to make the sauce. Fantastic. I had to also use it to make the ice cream and the pie and the results were less than stellar in both of those though. Tasted great, but odd textures. The pie crust didn't get like pie crust it was more almost cake like. And the ice cream had crystals in it. Still yummy but not the nice creaminess I usually get with either brown or white sugar.

Bought some succulents for the rock garden, this made Honey happy. Also got some color to put in the urns by the front door. Then I finally found an Aucuba for a shady area that needs some privacy but a spark of lightness. This shrubs dark green shiny leaves are speckled with bright yellow. I will plant in the morning, it got too hot this afternoon.

I also finally found the smokebush I had been looking for, but they wanted $45 for a 7 gallon plant, so I had to walk away. Maybe at the end of the season, which is when I should be planting it anyway!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X