No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally with you on this one. I eat real food, as close to its original form as I consider reasonable. Treats are home made (by me usually), or straight chocolate. I realize a "Primal Journal" is not the best place to say this, but it is what it is.

For the family, to prevent mutiny, I keep bread in the house for grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta, potatoes, cereal (egad!), and rice. As a general rule I don't eat any of that, not worth the calories to me. They still eat better than at least 75% of the population of the U.S.

We eat out either on the road, which includes pick up and drop off at college and an occasional (once or twice a semester) visit, or for Honey's work events.

Social events are at my house, I prepare the food, or picnic type situations (outdoor concerts and dances or to the vineyard) where, again, I prepare the food.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I keep white bread in the house for Lily as well.. it is what it is.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Honestly, at least at my house, they eat 80% good. I think dairy can have a place, so I don't count that per se in my 20%. I still think they eat better than 80% of the teenage population, so I'm happy.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• that is it exactly. I actually get really irritated when I hear "studies" about obesity and children regarding tv and the junk they eat. My Boo has always been on the chunky side except for a few very brief periods in which he got taller faster than his chubbiness could keep up, but even when he looked thin he would have been considered obese by his BMI. Never had a tv or computer in their rooms, no cell phones till they paid for them in high school, virtually no eating out, no chips or convenience foods in the house, and walk to school (if nothing else). Someone is missing a link somewhere.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would love for my kid to eat at least 50% good.. She said she wants ramen noodles for dinner (yuck). Really??!!! I am making my good fried chicken (Paleo) she is like..oookkkk...sheesh!!
            Karin

Comment

• I wish I could figure out how my mom did it. We ate well, always real food, simple and clean. You don't like what I make you eat cereal and milk. For the most part we ate what she made. No discussion you sit down and eat what is on the table. Salad, or soup, a protein, a veggie, a starch. Milk or water to drink. Fruit or veggies for after school snacks. Cakes for birthdays, ice cream one night on the weekend pudding the rest of the week. Popcorn for movie night. Simple and no discussion. I know she didn't worry about us starving.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 253.4 down 1 pound? I may have finally hit on the combo of supplements that works for me.

Dairy yesterday...2T HWC
                Grains = none

I am sure that I was over my 550 for my down day yesterday. For a snack when I got home, I had chia pudding (2T chia, 6 oz of the 'homemade' coconut milk, stevia) with 1/2C of blueberries, and 1/4C mixed nuts and seeds. Dinner was a large chicken breast roasted, a lot of cauliflower (maybe a cup and a half) that had been roasted in Olive oil, and at least 1.5C of the coleslaw I made with the cabbage, brussell sprouts and 3 avocados that had to be used. The dressing was mayo and vinegar with stevia.

I never got to drink my teas because it took me all night to finish my ACV water.

Today, I must go get something to deal with the weeds in my lawn and apply it, as well as mow. I also need to pick up more hair color and that store is on the opposite end of town that the weed killer store is on. then grocery shopping for BFF's birthday dinner at our house on Saturday. His 'cake' is an apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream. So yes, Saturday night there will be grain in the pie crust.

Friday night we have a dinner to go to. It is a catered affair at the symphony hall downtown. Fun.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• You make me smile today. Thanks.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Glad someone is enjoying me😊
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      I wish I could figure out how my mom did it. We ate well, always real food, simple and clean. You don't like what I make you eat cereal and milk. For the most part we ate what she made. No discussion you sit down and eat what is on the table. Salad, or soup, a protein, a veggie, a starch. Milk or water to drink. Fruit or veggies for after school snacks. Cakes for birthdays, ice cream one night on the weekend pudding the rest of the week. Popcorn for movie night. Simple and no discussion. I know she didn't worry about us starving.
                      Ask her and patten it.. I would buy it. Although last night Lil ate a piece of Paleo fried chicken, corn and yogurt. That is enough to make me happy. Sad I know,
                      Karin

Comment

• Down a pound!?!?! Amazing!! I need to look into those supplements when I get paid.
                        Karin

Comment

• She just did it. I have asked her. She says that kids who were picky eaters just didn't eat, then they would eventually get hungry enough not to be so picky. She also said there were fewer choices, at least in our house, we were pretty tight on funds, so we didn't even know there were other options. There were 4 of us, so less worry about any one of us not eating. We were all healthy and thriving, so no worries.

I didn't even take the supplements yesterday as I had run out!

Just as an FYI, this is what I take now, all in the morning...

Calcium 300mg (with 200IU of D3) (USP certified)
                          D3 4,000IU (USP certified)
                          VSL#3 (my probiotic)
                          Green Coffee Bean ("Dietworks" brand), Standardized to 45% Chlorogenic Acid (Lab tested, Quality assured)
                          Garcinia Cambogia ("Dietworks" brand), Standardized to 60% HCA (lab tested, quality assured)

All purchased at Costco.

Then once a day, most days, with the meal that is heaviest in protein, I take a Bromelain enzyme (Jarrow brand), these are from Whole Foods.

The enzyme and the probiotic are the ones I take because they have been proven to be helpful to people with IBD.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• sorry for the awkward pose and the fact that I desperately need a pedicure, just wanted to show off my new shoes.

IMG_1070.jpg

geez, I am such an addict
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I need those shoes!!!!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Cute shoes.. Wish I could do the heels but sure do not need the height!! Lol

Wait.. Your wearing jeans!!!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X