No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel a bit better, got a good night sleep and that, I find, is essential to healing. I will be taking it easy today, house keeping, laundry, errands.

I have to buy a new kitchen faucet today, they don't make these like they used to. Also some insulation for the attic, as it turns out that insulating the roof helps prolong the life of the ac unit up there. Then I am going to paint the house numbers on our screen door, the ones we had were too small to see, and the new ones will add personality for not much money. I had wanted to put up the numbers in metal, vertically next to the door, but the cheapest I could find them were $50 a number and we have 4 numbers in our address!

the HVAC tech is here giving the unit its maintenance, he has to turn the ac way down to do it, it is freezing in here, my fingers are icicles.

oh, 257.6 up 3.2 pounds after yesterday's food fest. Obviously it is not fat, I did not eat over 10,000 extra calories, I assume a few days of drinking fluids will rid me of it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-24-2014, 06:57 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Our bodies are good at detecting foreign foods by way of water weight.

We have 5 numbers in our address. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get the house numbers up.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• IMG_1050.jpg

My azaleas/front yard...the urns next to the azaleas have succulents in them that are just recovering from the winter, and then there are blue flowering Rose of Sharon on the near side of the azaleas, and camellias on the far side. Under the urns I have Lenten roses and vinca. I also have crepe myrtle, magnolia, cherry, lavender, and roses in the front landscape. So I usually have something in bloom year round. But the azaleas are the most impressive.
        Last edited by demuralist; 04-24-2014, 07:45 AM.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ooh, how pretty. LOVE your house.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Gorgeous!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks, I love my house too, it feels like a fairy tale house as you come up to it (I think Tudor styles do that), and lots of flowering stuff, and the inside had just the right rooms for our family. We use (well did) all of them, no fancy formal living room here. We are also very well located in town as we are just 3 miles from where we work (Honey and I work across the street from each other), walking distance to a grocery store (not that I do, but if I had to), and the mall (again not that I do, but if my car wouldn't start and I needed a new outfit pronto, well I could get there), and to the middle and high school.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Oh, very pretty!!
                Karin

Comment

• OMG!!!!!! That (expletive deleted) youth minister is going to be out of town "all next week" could I find someone to paint the frames and hang them so that the graduates will have someplace to write their quotes. Youth Sunday is May 4th, it is a HUGE deal for these graduating kids, and he is going to be gone the week before it. How (expletive deleted) irresponsible can he get. Of course I will do it, because I know it is important to these kids, what a (expletive deleted) to do this to those kids who have worked so hard on the project and been a part of this youth group since 6th grade.

Well that feels a little better, though I am sure I will have to have a couple of those rants to really get it out of my system.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Wow.. Wonder why he is going to be gone. It does spark of irresponsible.
                    Karin

Comment

• He sure seems to "delegate" a lot. Maybe it's the control freak in me that would struggle with that. Sigh. I would not have your patience.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Grrrr. This is your last year doing this right?
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• He will realize how much you do when you are done volunteering
                          Karin

Comment

• This is the last project I will do with him. Once it is done, I am done with him. He knows that I will not walk away from a project that isn't finished no matter what. He delegates to me, he has a short list of people he gets to do the work, then burns them out. The hours that I have put into this are over the top. I absolutely do not feel any guilt that I don't tithe now!!

I am thinking about joining the hand bell choir (my BFF is in it) and volunteer helping to cook with the "Nashville Food Project" (she takes food trucks out to underprivileged neighborhoods and gives out hot meals). The Nashville Food Project*|*Providing access to healthy food in homeless and working poor communities in Davidson County she does an amazing job and I want to be a part of it.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• My mom found this picture of me, Halloween at a Hair Salon I used to work at...IMG_1059.jpg I didn't wear my hair like that, I teased the heck out of it to get it to do that!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Cute pic!!! Big hair girl!!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X