No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like an amazing weekend. What a great support you have in your mom and sister. you are still UD/DD right?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Very cool. Don't know why, but such a nice post and it brought a smile to my face
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am dd on work days and ud on non-work days.

I have figured out that if I can keep busy after work that I do better with just eating dinner at around 6pm. So the plan is to come home and either work in the yard or get on the treadmill or run some errand after work so that I don't hit the kitchen until it is time to cook.

On my ud's I will hold off eating until at least 2:30, because I don't get hungry before then, and if I am looking for food it is either work avoidance or boredom. then just have a bit of greek yogurt on chia pudding with berries for "lunch" and have a nice dinner=protein source, big salad, roasted seasonal veggies. I do so much better when I keep it simple.

Naturally, now that I have this new resolve, the boss is taking us to the University Club for lunch. It will substitute for my dinner.

It is really a very nice time when I get to visit my mom and sis. Mom's 76th birthday is June 5th, so I will go down around that time, though it won't be as pleasant for me because of the heat, but we will still have a great time. Sis is a year younger than I am and we hung in the same circles in high school, so we are fairly close.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I forgot to mention that when I got home I was welcomed by a yard full of white blooming azaleas. The house was surrounded by the glow (it was dark when I pulled up), and it was very pretty.

254.4 down 1.6, after a very successful down day. 545 calories. I got home, got changed, went out and mowed the lawn and visited with neighbors as they walked by. The weather was amazing, so it was very pleasant doing that chore. By the time I got in, I made myself an iced coffee and sat down to figure out what I was going to eat to stay within my 550 allotment (I get to have up to 550, until I lose a bit more weight-reward for weight loss is getting to eat less)

Today, the boss is taking us out to lunch for Secretary's Day (well or whatever PC name it goes by now). So that will be my meal for today. And, there is a "specialty" buffet, so I will do a very nice salad, and probably go ahead and do dessert, since they are amazing there, then go a light up day tomorrow.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yeah for down on the scale. You are going to hit that 250 in no time! oh.. Pics of azaleas!!
            Karin

Comment

• I will try, my azaleas are the prettiest in the neighborhood. Unfortunately the rest of the landscape is sad, lots to do to recover from this winter.

Trying to get back to the 247 low that I hit pre-Christmas. So I am creeping up on it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• It's your creeping that motivated me start again. I'm doing a 4:3...sorta. 3 lowish days, more like 700-900 calories and then I'll work my way back down. May not drop more than .25 or .5 lb a week, but it will be in the right direction. And, over time, it will get me to where I want to be (maybe not as fast, but certainly sustainable with my life).
                -- Ruth

Comment

• you can do this Ruth. Are you tracking?
                  Karin

Comment

• Actually one of the reasons I went to 3 low days is because I had so much trouble getting below 500 calories that I figured if I did 3 days it would forgive the bits over that. I figure that as long as over the course of a week, I end up with a deficit I will lose something. So if the 4 days are just 'normal' (for me, which is just a bit over 2,000 a day), and the 3 days are much lower (say under a 1,000) I am still creating a deficit of about 3,000 calories a week, and it translated to about .75 pounds a week on average when I was sticking to it. Which I did, till the Christmas parties started, then the whole thing with Dad, and now just trying to get back on track.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• no big surprise here, lunch took me way over. Still full. As best I can figure I am at about 1,300 calories today. How can I hate this feeling soooo much, and still keep doing it to myself. baffling. I plan to just drink some tea for the rest of the night. I did stop on the way home from work and drop off the stash of frames I got in Florida (a dozen for $5 total!) at the church, then to Trader Joes after that. Cause if it is bad to grocery shop when you are hungry, it has to be good to do it when you are stuffed right?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        no big surprise here, lunch took me way over. Still full. As best I can figure I am at about 1,300 calories today. How can I hate this feeling soooo much, and still keep doing it to myself. baffling. I plan to just drink some tea for the rest of the night. I did stop on the way home from work and drop off the stash of frames I got in Florida (a dozen for $5 total!) at the church, then to Trader Joes after that. Cause if it is bad to grocery shop when you are hungry, it has to be good to do it when you are stuffed right?
                        You would think so. How did you do at trader joes?
                        Karin

Comment

• Very well actually.

Dinner, not so well, everything was fine it was just too much food even for an up day. Mostly because I have felt over full since lunch then still ate dinner and had a yogurt/berry treat afterward when I was still full. Lunacy!!!

One thing that happened that is causing issues, when I was done taking groceries out of the car, as I slammed the door down (I have a highlander and this is the back door I am talking about) it caught the button on the jacket I was wearing. It torqued my shoulders an neck. The pain is slowly escalating. So I will be doing tylenol tonight.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yikes. Hope you feel better in the morning.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• oh ouch!! Girl!! how are you feeling this morning? Do you think stretches will help?
                              Karin

Comment

• Ow. Give yourself some tender loving care for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X