No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome! So talented! Why do you not promote your own business?? I am sure the hubs would love it
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am in Florida so I will be brief as it is a PITA to use my phone.

I will google the NPR story about the placebo effect thanks.

Unfortunately I am too slow a painter to make money at it, also a bit of a control freak when it comes to my art (among the many things I am a control freak over) so the first time someone wanted me to change something would be the end of it all. Actually the Youth Minster mentioned that the version of that quote that he likes to use is little different than the version I used. He told me after I have drawn it up but before I had actually painted it, but I would have had to paint over the drawn letters with the base coat to change it, you can't successfully erase off a wall. In my head I went ballistic, out of my mouth I managed to just say "hmmm, that is interesting" as I continued to put away the ladder/level/rulers/pencils. He is so lucky I didn't get violent.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would have thought he would have been grateful to have it done at all, especially for FREE..
        Karin

Comment

• Um yeah, you would think. Especially since that was not actually expected to get done because there was so much to do. But I stayed, by my self, to get it up there before their lock in which is tonight. Yep, he was lucky that I am a maturer version of myself, a younger me would have ripped him a new one...verbally. Thing is that he new what it said before I put it up there obviously never said anything. Besides, I actually made the word "youth" (which is part of the 'incorrect' version) look exactly the way it looks in their logo. Soooooo ready to walk away from him, good thing I feel a camaraderie with the parents I have been working with.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This has seriously been a working vacation. Mom's bedroom has 10 to 12 foot ceilings. Painting along the wall to ceiling edge was hairy for a girl who is afraid of heights but it looks fantastic. Then we decided to paint the hallway (10 foot ceilings) and fill one wall of it with family photos. So while I painted she set about finding pictures and frames and cleaning the glass in all the frames. Then we set about getting them all on the wall. We have some space left for photos she wanted to put up but didn't find frames for. Tomorrow we are going to sunrise service then I am coloring my sister's hair and cutting hers and mom's. Then we are going to stop by and visit sis' boyfriend in NHS hospital in Orlando and then spending the afternoon with my brother and his family. We have been staying up late to chat and waking up early to work. I go home on Monday. And I will be ready for a break!!!

Food has been very good but I am not getting near enough fluids. Oh and day 12 of TTOM.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              T
              . Oh and day 12 of TTOM.
              What???
              Karin

Comment

• Very low flow but just won't stop. Will call the doc when I get back.

Sunrise service was cold and crazy breezy, but it was on the beach so that, in my mind makes up for it.

I was shooting for a straight year of tracking on MFP. I made it to over 300 days. Missed yesterday. Rats. New streak starts today. 1 😞
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I noticed your streak the other day and was very impressed.

Wow, you are working hard!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    Very low flow but just won't stop. Will call the doc when I get back.

Sunrise service was cold and crazy breezy, but it was on the beach so that, in my mind makes up for it.

I was shooting for a straight year of tracking on MFP. I made it to over 300 days. Missed yesterday. Rats. New streak starts today. 1 😞
                    Go back and add it.. I say it counts
                    Karin

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Hey, I did post yesterday.

So at the service the speakers couldn't overcome the sound of the ocean and they had everyone facing away from the sunrise (?wtf?). So sis and I moved away a bit to take pictures. Then this guy comes up and starts chatting us up. Hard to tell which one of us he was hitting on, likely just going for whoever fell for it. But he was a jerk. He said he changed churches cause they let "the gays and lesbos in". I told him it wasn't our business who people slept with. Then when sis and I put our cameras away he said we were giving up on the sunrise too soon that we should wait till it crested and I told him it had already (rays through the clouds were pointing down plus it was 15 minutes after sunrise) he started talking about how women are always right blah blah. So I said "Well I guess we know now why you have an 'ex'". (Who he had told us about). We decided he had spiked his OJ. We kept trying to move further down the beach and he moved with us. So it was an interesting service.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 04-20-2014, 07:40 AM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Ooo girlllll...you got hit on at Easter service!! A scrapbook ing moment for sure! Lol
                        Karin

Comment

• Get everything done at mom's that you planned?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• wow... getting hit on at a church service.... tells me one of 2 things.... (1) VERY progressive church, or (2) the guy was a dirt-bag..... I know which option I am chosing... lol.... yes, finally de-lurking...

Comment

• That is hysterical...and kind of smarmy. Ewww
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Actually, till he opened his mouth, he wasn't bad looking. And he was not Hispanic. I have NOTHING against Latin lovers, it is just that I cannot remember the last time a non-Hispanic did anything that could be construed as showing interest in me. He was a total dirt bag.

So mom, sis and I are acting as diet buddies. They each have 10 to lose and maintain, and I have about 80, but we are planning short daily texts to keep up with each other.

What we accomplished at Mom's...painting her bedroom-with its 12' ceilings-as well as doing a spring cleaning in there, and the hall-just 10' ceilings, hanging a wall full of photos in the hall (this required selecting the photos, then figuring out the frame situation, washing the glass, then hanging them), painting the frame for the mirror in the spare room, make some design decisions about what to hang over her bed, what to hang in the 'finished' spare room, and what to do to turn the office into another spare room and have display for awards and trophy's, then we went to sunrise service at the beach together (where we were finally able to fulfill my grandmother's request for her ashes after 14 years-that is a LONG story and not technically legal), I colored sis's hair and cut both mom and sis's hair, and we got to go to my brother's for Easter dinner and the egg hunt. When we got back we had a fire in the pit, and said a little prayer to lay my grandmother to rest. Very busy and super productive.

Mom was mostly doing the cleaning and sis was working on landscape repairs after this cold winter. We are all hard workers (we come from farm stock) and we tend to prod each other on, so when it is just the 3 of us there we get shit done! We also laugh a LOT! And, this weekend, a bit of crying as well. My grandfather had passed on a Good Friday, and of course the thing with grandma, then naturally discussions about dad.

All in all a great weekend though.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X