No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesson learned, the cheaper something for the garden is the more work it requires. Case in point saved bottles to use as a border. It just took me 1.5 hours to put in 5 bottles. I did have 6 in, but a last second attempt to perfectly level it caused a shattering of the bottle and it had to be removed. Now, you might say "well yes you dumb a** bottles will break" but, I before I started I actually tried breaking one by hitting it, very hard, with a hammer and couldn't get it to break. Apparently a glancing blow is much better at breaking a wine bottle than a full on hammer hit.

I will wrestle these 5 out of the ground when my frustration has subsided, a month or two should do it. In the mean time I have loaded all the bottles into my car to take to the recycle center.

On the plus side, the weather here was amazing, and I did get other yard work done. So all in all a good day. Now off to Pinterest to find something else clever I can do for that border.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Bummer the bottles did not work out!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

I need to also figure out why there are days that are essentially easy down days and why some are not so easy. I really want to do at least 2 down days a week, preferably 3. It really is the easiest way for me to lose weight, as long as I can make the down days happen. I think doing the PS when I walk in the door is going to help.
        Could it be the perfect calories between 2 days?? His consistent are your calories on normal days??
        Karin

Comment

• Well the more days in a row that are normal days the higher the calories go. On the other hand the second down day in a row is better than the first one. And the slow upward movement of the scale tells me I am eating just a tad too much pretty consistently.

Today was not a good food day using any way you look at it. Really, for me, I consider it a really bad food day if I am eating when I am full. And that is what happened today. Now I was tired and I worked outside for hours today. But I just needed to stop and try to figure out what it was that I was really looking for. Now I am just uncomfortable physically and that makes me unhappy since it is obviously self induced.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 255.6 back down 1, crazy scale!

I am tired of eating. Well actually tired of how having eaten makes me feel. Well actually tired of how having eaten too much makes me feel.

While I am eating it takes a herculean strength to stop, especially if there is still food on my plate, no matter how full I feel. My belly and brain keep saying "ok lets stop now" but I just keep eating, actively ignoring the signals. To be fair, often I don't feel full until almost an hour after I finish eating. And the feeling just keeps building and building well after I have stopped (so much for the 20 minutes it is supposed to take to know you are full). But honestly, that doesn't really matter, as I will often, yesterday being a perfect case in point, just keep eating or even go back and eat again if there is something I want to eat no matter how full I am. The self talk is taunting me, wondering how I could possibly walk into the kitchen while feeling stuffed from what I ate just an hour or so ago. But I go anyway.

I am actually still feeling full right now, or is it bloated, whatever, not comfy.

Luckily, today and tomorrow I will be out of the house for most of the day painting.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

255.6 back down 1, crazy scale!

I am tired of eating. Well actually tired of how having eaten makes me feel. Well actually tired of how having eaten too much makes me feel.

While I am eating it takes a herculean strength to stop, especially if there is still food on my plate, no matter how full I feel. My belly and brain keep saying "ok lets stop now" but I just keep eating, actively ignoring the signals. To be fair, often I don't feel full until almost an hour after I finish eating. And the feeling just keeps building and building well after I have stopped (so much for the 20 minutes it is supposed to take to know you are full). But honestly, that doesn't really matter, as I will often, yesterday being a perfect case in point, just keep eating or even go back and eat again if there is something I want to eat no matter how full I am. The self talk is taunting me, wondering how I could possibly walk into the kitchen while feeling stuffed from what I ate just an hour or so ago. But I go anyway.

I am actually still feeling full right now, or is it bloated, whatever, not comfy.

Luckily, today and tomorrow I will be out of the house for most of the day painting.
              true statements for me too

I need to get back to clean eating as well. I am tired of eating because of routine and schedule rather than hunger. I am the cook at home. Hard to cook and not eat.
              Karin

Comment

• Yes, I would so like to listen to my body better. I keep trying. I notice my boys are actually pretty good about listening to their body.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I work really hard at not letting my family in on whatever thing I am doing currently to lose weight. I am always doing something and so far, not much result. The rest of my family is pretty good at listening to their bodies, though I would call my son on the heavy side (he has always been a big kid), they all manage to hold consistent weights.

So yesterday, I was at the church from 9:30 to 6:30, my work days aren't that long! Today, I will go after work and paint a quote above the door to the common space, and help finish the shadow mural along the long wall in the hall. Then, and I have already warned them, that is it. I have work I have to do at home, and for my mom, I just cannot invest any more time to that project, they need to find others to step up. The only other person who is working on it who doesn't have children is getting paid.

I am so stiff from bending and stretching and up and down and up and down and up and down the ladder. I slept like a log last night, since the night before (Karin and) I didn't sleep much. She caught me on facebook at 2:30am. I got about 4 hours that night, then did the painting marathon at church!

Had to run to Costco, got home at 7:30, had not eaten all day, got a roast chicken and asparagus and also had farro (a grain) for dinner. Answered email and then went to bed.

256 this morning, that is actually down .2 from yesterday (which was up from the day before, but I didn't post it yesterday).

Leaving for Mom's early Thursday morning. She is apparently gaining some weight (emotional eating ya think?), so I am going to challenge her and make her my "diet buddy". It will be good for both of us.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I was surprised to catch you online that early in the morning! LOL

I think being a diet buddy with your mom might be a good things for you both. I will watching and rooting for you both.

How is SHE is getting paid and you are not? Umm, sounds to me she should have the lions portion if you ask me.
                    Karin

Comment

• it a he, he is doing the construction type work, building things. It is his job, so I guess, since his business card says it, and mine doesn't he gets paid, I may have to have some cards printed!

About once a quarter, I just cannot fall asleep, and end up online. Luckily it is rare.

The really good thing about being a diet buddy with my mom is that we will necessarily be in contact more often. Now our daily contact is "Words with Friends".
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I see.. Yes you need cards if that is what it takes to get paid!! Lol
                        Karin

Comment

• Myself and the other mom who helped me have decided to celebrate with a bit of champagne in the space when I get back
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• IMG_0950.jpg

This is what I did last night, what I consider my final hurrah in the space. It is over the double doors into the common room in the youth wing.

I am soooo sore, 3 days in a row of up and down the ladder, and then reaching and twisting to paint areas where I couldn't maneuver the ladder, then on the ground to do the edges along the baseboards. No painting today, just work and packing, then no painting tomorrow, just driving. Then I paint my mom's bedroom, high ceilings and trim, it will probably be a good way to work out the kinks after driving for 10 hours.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Perfect, lovely scripture.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

problem with a placebo is I am not sure it works if you know it is a placebo. ...
                                It does! (Heard recently on NPR, if you want to google it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X