No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So close to being done with the church project!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• ahahaha, you'd think, but he sent an email this morning on an idea as to how to "frame" the projection screen, which requires painting cork squares. I don't give cash donations to the church at large so my time, as well as donations of baked goods, donations of furniture/ping pong table, and donations of the paint and supplies that I used is essentially my tithe, so I need to stop complaining.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, so yesterday was the first day that I actually remembered all of my supplements -Calcium, D3, VSL#3, and the Bromelain, as well as the Potato Starch (1/2Tblspn to start), and the Dandelion Root tea (which was another 30oz of fluid). (I also drank 50oz of water with 1tsp of green tea powder, and 50oz of water with 2T of ACV, and 2 iced coffees that are 30oz of fluid each) It is the beginning of the self-experiment that Mark suggested. I am hoping to significantly improve my sleep and, as always, lose weight. Currently taking no prescription meds.

Report...Last night's sleep was crap. Could not fall asleep, once asleep, could not stay asleep. Had to get up twice to go to the bathroom, I think this will stop as the experiment goes on so I am not giving up on the experiment, I feel like this is a long term commitment. So much so, that I will actually take everything with me when I go to my Mom's in a couple of weeks.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• interesting concept...Confidence in a patch? Dove beauty experiment has surprising twist - TODAY.com So I will keep telling myself that "I am adorable!" every time I see my reflection.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Very interesting... Maybe if I wear the patch I will not feel so self conscious about a camera
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• problem with a placebo is I am not sure it works if you know it is a placebo. Though the end of the article does talk about positive self talk.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• It is interesting, that's for sure!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• 255 after what ended up being an up day. Here are my excuses....I bought the hubs sushi and summer rolls for dinner because I was going to be painting at church. I ate one of the summer rolls. No big deal, had I stopped there. When I got to church, the youth group was having Taziki's, and my helpers stopped to eat, so did I. I had a small plate. Still not a huge deal. Then we got done about a third of what I thought we would and could not get our schedules synced up to get the rest of the painting done, frustrated to the max. Sleepy (crappy sleep going on), tired (this technique of faux painting is taxing), frustrated....I came home and ate. total for the day still came in under my "normal" day expectations, but blew way past the down day. So essentially staying the same is what I would have expected, and that is pretty much what I did.

I am going in on Monday morning to help the muralist paint the mural in the hall, my current plan is to just dedicate this weekend to finish painting the rooms. For heavens sake, they are not that large. It isn't just that it is taking so long to do the faux finish, it is that they have had several groups come in to paint the non-faux walls and cannot seem to get that done either. My plan is to spend this weekend to just get the damn thing done so I can get on with my life!!!! That way I can go to my mom's for Easter weekend and paint her room, and when I get home it will be past the last expected frost and I can start in the yard on my off days that have good weather and paint in my house on days that the weather is not so nice.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• here is one for improved sleep...Experts Blog - Yoga for a Better Night
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I need to read that!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I like it because most of it is different than any other advice I have seen, and it makes sense.

So I was planning to do house work today, but the weather was amazing, absolutely stunning! So I spent hours outside cleaning out my lavender grouping, pulling the leaves and debris away from the roots and clipping all the dead and grey branches. It looks a bit bare now, but it should make a huge difference it its general health. I also mowed my tiny patch of grass and fertilized it. Then I did some rearranging of the rock pile so that the edge that meets the grass would have a smoother curve. I am going to edge that with upside down bottles (mostly wine and gin and beer bottles). I have been saving them because our recycling pick up doesn't pick up glass, and was meaning to drive them over to the recycling place, but then I started to get a critical mass and I started to dream up ways to use them, and thus save myself a trip out to the recycling center. So the edging is one way and I also want to make tiki type torches on the posts of my porch. More projects, gotta learn to turn off the brain.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• oh I REALLY want pics of the bottle edge when you are done!! Sounds amazing!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Will get the book in the mail today when I sent in the taxes. Sorry it's taken so long!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• 254.6 down .4 after what I thought was a very up day, interesting. Today is a down day. I have decided to switch taking my PS in dandelion root tea, from the last thing I drink before bed to the first thing I drink when I get home from work, it is very filling and I don't like going to bed with that full feeling.

My sleep did improve last night, I am sure it had nothing to do with spending 4 hours working in the yard (ha). Karin, it will likely be years before I finish that bottle border, not for lack of bottles mind you, but I want to take it all the way around the landscape border and it makes a huge curvy loop around the front lawn. The lawn is not that big but that loop sure is! I will be starting serious landscaping-ie. that border and plant replacements- when I get home from Florida, so the weekend after Easter. I will send a progress pic though.

Ruth, when ever you get it sent then I will start reading it, please don't stress about it!

So in the tradition of PN, I am working on the biggest change I can make that I know I can do for 21 days...taking my supplements, including the enzyme, the PS, and the root tea. Yesterday was day 4! So that means I can add something on the 28th.

I need to also figure out why there are days that are essentially easy down days and why some are not so easy. I really want to do at least 2 down days a week, preferably 3. It really is the easiest way for me to lose weight, as long as I can make the down days happen. I think doing the PS when I walk in the door is going to help.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 256.6 up 2, after a grazing day, I am playing with the same 2 pounds. I am not worrying about this right now, I just was to concentrate on taking my supplements, ACV, and root tea for now, yesterday was day 5. Until I get back from my mom's that is all I am going to worry about.

Weather is way too nice today to be inside painting, so I begged off and will be working in my yard today. There are too few days this pretty that happen to be my day off!

So tomorrow I will paint starting at noon, till I finish the first layer of faux texture. Then Monday I will start early, and paint until I have finished the room. I am trying to find a substitute for Tuesday's mural painting, so that I don't have to go over after work.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X