Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice paint job!!

When you go back to see your mom can you get a card and use her address?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am confused...get a card and use her address for what?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Library card..use her address.. Florida? Lol
        Karin

Comment

• a duh, thanks, great idea!

I just downloaded "Quite a Year for Plums" crazy book so far, reading it while doing the treadmill (so yes I got on the treadmill this morning).I made some chia pudding

p.s. I made some chia pudding this weekend -so good and EASY...

In a short, wide mouthed, mason jar, I put 3/4C of my homemade coconut milk, and 2T of chia seeds. Let that sit for at least 3 hours. Then I added plain greek yogurt (about a half a cup), frozen blueberries (half a cup), and stevia to taste, I topped it with a sprinkle of the seed/nut mix I made and YUMMMMMM.

working on using food sources (which I am too good at remembering to take) instead of having to add supplements (which I am very bad at remembering to take)
          Last edited by demuralist; 04-07-2014, 10:42 AM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am going to have to try some chia! Sounds wonderful. Normally I just make custard (super easy- 8 eggs, 1 can CM, vanilla and thats it. I do not add sweetener. I am trying to find the sweet in the food itself)
            Karin

Comment

• I had to add the sweetener after I added the yogurt, if you skip the yogurt it could very easily go without sweetener. I use wild Boreal frozen blueberries and they are quite sweet, if you use ripe in season fruits you would also easily go without added sweetener. The plain greek yogurt made it a bit too tart for me.

p.s. plumbing done, assuming it holds up and doesn't start leaking.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I made a chocolate chia pudding last week, which I really enjoyed. It is nice finding a no-dairy/egg substitute. It was a little peculiar having the crunchiness, though. Next time, I will try blenderizing it, to see how I like that texture.

Comment

• How long did you let it sit before you ate it? I ate mine the next day and while I could see the chia seeds, there wasn't any crunch, maybe you just eat more daintily than I do? Did you add chocolate or cocoa powder or carob?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

Does the chia thicken the cm?

Room temp? Fridge?
                    Karin

Comment

• yep, it thickened it right up, you could still see the seeds, but the whole thing had the thickness of pudding. In the fridge. I pinned one, I will send it to you.

I found 2T Chia to 6oz of liquid was a good ratio, you can add things as you like, shredded coconut, or fruit, or flavorings, etc
                      Last edited by demuralist; 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• You might like these:
                        8 New Refrigerator Oatmeal Flavors

Comment

• Heavens those look great thanks so much.

Here is one with Steel cut oats...http://thelemonbowl.com/2012/09/over...-cut-oats.html
                          Last edited by demuralist; 04-07-2014, 04:35 PM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            ... maybe you just eat more daintily than I do?
                            Heehee. 'Dainty' is not a word that gets associated with my eating habits very often.

I had the first serving after 24 hours, the second serving two days later. There didn't seem to be any softening with the extra time. Maybe I could add some more liquid for more absorbtion. I used cocoa powder. Also, instant coffee powder, which made it a little strong for my taste. I would tone that part down next time. But I think I will try a coconut/vanilla version first. And I think a strawberry version would be glorious. I will be having some fun.

Comment

• Mine ended up with a sort of tapioca texture, no crunchiness at all. But oh my the flavor variations are endless.

Well, the combination of TTOM, not getting to do what I had planned, crappy weather so I couldn't do plan B, and a less than stellar night's sleep lead to a bit of unnecessary eating. I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning, for some reason my Tuesday mornings are always a bit crazy, so no idea what the consequences were, but I still felt full at the end of the day.

On a positive note my side dish last night was heavenly...sauteed garlic and shaved brussell spouts in coconut oil, added lightly steamed (microwaved for 3 minutes) Kale, and sauteed for about 3 more minutes, then drizzled with sesame oil (less than a tsp here), sprinkled a Tablespoon of my nut/seed mix over it and a tablespoon of craisins on top. absolutely fantastic!!! Of course it was beside a lovely grilled cheese sandwich (I have been jonesing for one for a while so I finally gave in).

Today is a down/recovery day, been an eating (wine drinking) frenzy of weekend.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 254.8 the same, so though yesterday was not my best down day it was enough to apparently undo the day before. I will take it.

Tonight we are meeting at church, and hopefully painting the last of the walls, we shall see.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X