No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 256.6 up .2 after a decidedly up day -4th up day in a row and weight was 257.8 Thursday morning at the start of this streak! So it makes me feel good that my up days, even when there are a few in a row, don't derail the train. Today is a down day.

Yesterday, I got the perennial bed cleared out of weeds, leaves, and debris. I also got the ornamental grasses cut back. And I fertilized the lawn as well as the trees and shrubs. Honey came out and took the leaves off the driveway and bagged them up. Which was very nice of him-his medications make him super sun sensitive so he can't really do yard work anymore. He worked till the sun moved around to the drive, and saved me a lot of work.

Today I am going to lay down some pine straw for mulch in the perennial bed, cut the shrubs away from the house and get rid of the rest of the nandina before it starts to grow again. Then take a pain reliever to sleep tonight, because while working outside makes me sleepy the stiffness makes for a restless night.

So here is what I resolve...I will not give up my weekends for volunteer projects. I have too many projects lined up around the house and it is stressing me out. I will do the volunteer work after work or half of Thursday, and that is it.

My plan at home is to do outside projects on nice days and inside projects on ugly days. Also, the hubs is going to be out of town for 2 weeks this summer, OMG, the things I will do!!!!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Primal Journal-deMuralist

I can't do manual labor without eating something...is it mental...is it that I am a wimp...whatever, had to come in and eat I was feeling sick. RATS, no longer a down day
      Last edited by demuralist; 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What a bizarre story! Maybe they had menage a trois in their student days?

Impressive yard work. I would be tired and hungry after all that, too.

Comment

• If it was a down day and you were working in hype yard, it's no wonder you were hungry silly girl!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am seriously thinking that I need to have my work days as down days and days off as up days/project days/movement days.

Could not fall asleep last night. My whole body had a sort of tingling going on and I could not get comfy. Just got up and read a bit and finally got sleepy enough to go back to bed around 3am. Going to be a sitting day at work today I am exhausted.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I totally agree with your UD/DD plan.

Sorry about the lousy sleep. I have had days like that.
              Karin

Comment

• it is so much easier to not eat when I am at work, which then leaves me a very small window of calorie consumption. Not that I am above cramming in 2,000 calories in one sitting, but it isn't typical. So I am going with that as my current plan...T-W-F as down days, and the rest and non-down days (I don't want to let myself think they are all going to be up days!)

Sitting is just as hard as standing today, it feels odd given I always stand at work.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• You could even call them normal days, whatever normal is.

I am standing and really feeling it today. I am sore and stiff, could it be all the standing yesterday? I would like to sit but think standing more will just push through.

Regarding the sitting, what if you do some stretching? Maybe that will help.
                  Karin

Comment

• I like that, down days and normal days, since those are really what I need to get in line to stay in maintenance. How did I get from having an occasional/rare treat to wanting one every day?

I did some stretching, I am going to go ahead and stand up here in a couple of minutes.

I just pushed through when I started to stand at work, and just stood the whole day. It is just 7 hours though. But now it doesn't feel right to be sitting-physically or mentally.

I just read Mark's post about exercise at the office. I am going to bring a resistance band to work and do that exercise. I already do the standing and the stairs as well as walk to give co-workers messages.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Ooh it's real easy to getting a mental state that says we need a treat everyday!!
                      Karin

Comment

• yep, I am trying to figure out how to make myself think my nutritional foods are treats or something to look forward to.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 256.4 I forgot to weigh yesterday, so I don't know by how much, but am pretty sure it is in the right direction. It was a pretty successful down day, I did get a bit hungry at the end of the evening so I had an iced coffee with HWC and my homemade Coconut milk, which pushed the calories just past 550, but still under 600 so I will take it. Could have been much worse.

Work today, so I am going for another down day. Painting tonight. The youth are supposed to clean the furniture tonight and start moving it in. I would rather they just watch their movie and move in on Sunday morning, I don't like the idea of all of those little bodies moving frenetically around new furniture while we still have painting going on. I will push my case tonight before they start.

Also, taking in a resistance band to try the arm thing from Mark's post yesterday, hoping it will help with the neck and shoulder stiffness.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• 253.6 down 2.8 after a very successful down day. It was actually easier than my first down day this week, odd given that I did 2 in a row! It is actually kind of odd how little hunger I felt. Today is a "normal" day.

This weekend is Honey's birthday (57), our BFF's are coming over for nibbles, beer (for them-wine for me), cards and Boston Cream Pie. Yes, I am going to try this cake again. I do not know why I cannot get this right, you would think after 20+ years of attempts that at least one would work. Going with a new recipe, everyone keep their fingers crossed.

Today is errands and house keeping.

So 3 nights in a row, I have had the sensation of the entire body having a sort of tingling/mild electric current running through it. It is not pleasant but it is not painful, just uncomfortable enough to disrupt sleeping. Then last night I remembered that it might be a sign of low iron? Not sure this is true, but I have not had red meat in a while. With Boo gone we don't eat meat as much. So first thing this morning I put a frozen pot roast in the crock pot. Hope this works, cause tomorrow is a down day, and if it takes more than 10 hours it will have to wait for another day
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It will work. I do it all the time.

Crossing fingers for cake. I have a feeling that even your "not so great ones" are spectacular.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah! I would be so sad to have this smell permeate the house and then not get to eat it (tomorrow being a down day and Saturday being company).

The cakes have always tasted good, but the cream in the middle is always too liquid and thus the top layer either slides off or squishes the cream out. For my taste I would rather just do a layer cake with frosting between the layers, but this is what his grandmother made for his every year and so I keep up the tradition in my own sad way.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X