No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my eyes or theirs? What I consider my part is finishing the painting of a random checkerboard floor, and a faux finish on the entry arch and the exterior walls in the big room. I am working to get that bit done. I will probably be a part of gathering and hanging frames in the hall too though. (we are hanging empty frames in the hall so that the seniors as they graduate can put a quote in them, so essentially we are filling one wall with empty frames). The silhouette project has been passed off thankfully. Once the furniture is moved into the big room and they are able to clear the 2 discussion rooms they need painted but I am going to bow out of that.

A good note here is that they want a ping pong table and I have one I want to get rid of, they will even send someone to pick it up!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow you are busy!! Painting, ugh!! I need to try and paint the house this spring. Not the same thing I know lol
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You're pretty darned amazing!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I am bored at work and frustrated because I could be there painting, and significantly increase my chances of actually finishing this week!

No, not so amazing when you realize I am painting at the church when I want to be repainting at my home but I have not learned to say no. However in other good news...they found someone else to do the mural in the hall of the "fireline" pumpkin passing silhouette, and we came up with a new idea for the sign in which I have nothing to do!

Painting is painting, Karin, unless you are having it done as opposed to doing it yourself, then it is just hiring-which is an art in itself. I am better at painting than I am at hiring, I tend to be too trusting.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• No, I will be doing it myself. It's not a big deal. I just need to get it done before it's hot hot hot
            Karin

Comment

• My room painting skills are TERRIBLE. We have to end up hiring it out ourselves
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, it is a learned "talent" not something you are born with. However, hiring out is physically less taxing. I actually didn't go yesterday because by the end of my work day I could hardly walk, I was so stiff from using muscles I had not used in a while and stretching and taxing them to their limit. On Monday we hand brushed the walls with the glaze mix and I started the checkerboard on the floor, lots of Chinese splits/stretching/reaching, makes for a very sore bum and thighs and arms and shoulders.

Went to bed early last night (in bed by 9) and had taken tylenol and the TJ's calming formula. Still stiff today so taking more tylenol (and snuck in an aleve), will probably go prescription painkiller to sleep tonight as I have to paint this afternoon because my helper is coming in as well.

257.2 so up a bit after a very up day. Today is a down day.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• 257.8 up .6 after what turned out to not be such a down day. I came home very late and very hungry and a bit disappointed from painting. Instead of making a good decision I chose the expedient one. There were scones left in the fridge, oat scones I had made. 3 of them. I ate them all, with butter. YUM. Worth it, but um, NOT a down day.

I do not care for how the painting is turning out. However the woman I am painting with LOVES it. Since her kids will be in that room for many years to come (her youngest is in 4th grade) and mine are done with that phase, I am putting aside my dislike of the technique. It can be fixed, with at least 2 more layers, but will only be getting one more. It will help. I am hoping that as it drys it will be more to my liking since there are definitely areas of the walls that I do love. Interestingly enough the areas that are my favorite are not the other ladies favorite. Whatever. I told her I was getting burnt out and that she was going to have to find a helper to do the discussion rooms. So the bargain we made is that she is getting her boys to paint the checkerboard on the floor (which is physically killing me!) and her and I will do a paint brush color wash (a much easier technique that the one we had planned) on the 2 discussion rooms. So I will not be done with it all this week, but I am up off the floor!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Oh, good! I know you'll be glad when you are done with this project.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, so close, but so far away.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like some fancy painting for the church. It's very generous of you to donate your time like this.
                        Karin

Comment

• Well, generous or cowardly, I gotta learn to say no!

256.4 down 1.4 after an up day. I go up after a down day and down after an up day, let that be a lesson to all of us! I have to go get ready for work, I will check in later...ttfn
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So my fun for the weekend is that it is alumni weekend at Honey's University. We have events we are expected to attend. Tonight a casual cocktail party and dinner, and tomorrow night a fancy soiree cocktail party with high roller donors and then a dinner. I always go as the designated driver, because alcohol makes everyone a very dear friend and I tend to talk toooooo much. So drinks are easy. I do not eat standing up, so no food at the cocktail parties, that is easy, I carry a clutch purse in one hand and the drink in the other, thus no free hand and I will not stoop to putting my face in a serving tray of appetizers, even with excess alcohol I do have limits. So there are just the dinners. Not sure if I will have a choice in what I get to have on my plate or if it is banquet style. I plan to skip breakfast and lunch today (my normal down day) and tomorrow (a normal up day) in hopes that this will balance off the calories from the meals. I don't generally have portion control issues in situations like this.

My role basically is to smile, act like I am listening, ask questions about them, keep information about me to a polite minimum, I am the "wife of" they are not there to see me, much as I love to be the center of attention.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              So my fun for the weekend is that it is alumni weekend at Honey's University. We have events we are expected to attend. Tonight a casual cocktail party and dinner, and tomorrow night a fancy soiree cocktail party with high roller donors and then a dinner. I always go as the designated driver, because alcohol makes everyone a very dear friend and I tend to talk toooooo much. So drinks are easy. I do not eat standing up, so no food at the cocktail parties, that is easy, I carry a clutch purse in one hand and the drink in the other, thus no free hand and I will not stoop to putting my face in a serving tray of appetizers, even with excess alcohol I do have limits. So there are just the dinners. Not sure if I will have a choice in what I get to have on my plate or if it is banquet style. I plan to skip breakfast and lunch today (my normal down day) and tomorrow (a normal up day) in hopes that this will balance off the calories from the meals. I don't generally have portion control issues in situations like this.

My role basically is to smile, act like I am listening, ask questions about them, keep information about me to a polite minimum, I am the "wife of" they are not there to see me, much as I love to be the center of attention.
                              I love this.
                              Karin

Comment

• I actually do that to prevent talking while I have something stuck in my teeth. When sitting at the dinner, the hubs is usually next to me and can give me a nudge if there is something there, he and I usually split up at the cocktail party part.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X