Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    They slept between 7 and 8 (which for the two older guys, really is sleeping in). We're headed out shortly -- as soon as the last guy finishes he shower.

I don't know this for sure, but pretty sure my guys don't really like shopping either.

At least you guys will have quality time together
    Where y'all headed?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• between 7 and 8 hours or between 7 & 8 am? Either way, are you kidding me? When mine are on break or on the weekend, they will sleep 10 hours. Though the older one is starting to sleep a bit less.

Well yes, time together is always fun, he is an introvert like you are Ruth, so he is best in one on one situations. We do laugh a lot when we are together.

Took much longer than I anticipated, so no yard work, RATS, if I am lucky maybe the yard pick up will start at the other end of their route and not get to me till next week.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 262.0 down .2 after another up day. I made Boo a steak and a big salad for his last dinner home and I could not pass it up. So today is another up day, and tomorrow I am back to M-W-F down days, and spring break is over.

I have been researching nutritional/food solutions for IBD symptoms. So the things that I need to add are things I had added but have let off because I forgot why I was taking them...Omega-3, MCT, Folic Acid...and some are things I am doing now...Bromelain, Probiotics, Vit D3, Calcium. I am going to take my list in to the doc when I go to see her next. In the mean time I am going to add foods that are rich in the things I am not doing and go from there.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I was just reading on Paleo mom about her digestive issues and the protocol she underwent to clear it up. There is a lot of illumination in it though(dairy, eggs, nuts, seeds and nightshades)
          Karin

Comment

• Elimination ..won't l me correct on ipad
            Karin

Comment

• I actually suspect I need to do a similar elimination, but can't bring myself to think about such a thing right now!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• You and me both Ruth
                Karin

Comment

• With what I have been reading about research done with IBD it is actually counter intuitive as compared to other intestinal issues except with regards possible allergy to gluten and excess dairy. But eggs have actually been shown to be helpful as have night shades, oats, barley, nuts and seeds, and "fermentable" fiber.

Issues for me tend to be from beans mostly. Actually except for those I don't really have issues with any thing else in moderation. I am trying to see if I can avoid prescription drugs by using nutrients and food in general.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 03-23-2014, 07:23 PM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I think I am finally adjusting to the no eggs and dairy thing. And it only took a few months, which is amazing when I consider that I was in tears about the eggs at first.

Comment

• Sabine, I have been thinking about the elimination and eggs would make me cry and grieve something fierce. I want to exhaust all possibilities and even then I think I will be in denial. I got a GREAT egg lady!!
                      Karin

Comment

• I think I need to do the opposite of an elimination diet. I have a list of foods I need to add to my diet to see if I can keep off the meds. Mostly in search of foods as "prebiotic". I should probably go read more Rob Wolf since he also has UC/IBD.

Today is a painting at the church day. Sucks, since Honey was willing to take the afternoon off of work and go out to the vineyards and the weather is going to be beautiful. We have been having such crappy weather it is very sad that the day I committed to paint is one where we are actually having beautiful weather. Oh well, such is life.

Today is a down day. I actually forgot to weigh in this morning, so no idea the consequence of yesterday's up day. I ate lunch out with the kiddos, dinner was scrambled eggs florentine. So, not a food fest day.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• If you want to read Robb's book, I have it, let me know and I'll mail it to you.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• That would be awesome. I will pm my address
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• 256 same, very good down day yesterday, painted all day, literally all day! I left the house at 8:45 and got home at 7:15. I am going back after work today, and every day this week until it is finished. Then I am handing off the torch to the woman who is painting with me, and she can find a helper to do the other 2 rooms!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Good for you. Does that mean you are almost done with your part of the reno project?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X