• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow@ the team! A nice legacy
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I almost cried at that last part. I really like that.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep, he loved those kids and they loved him, and even more so, their parents loved him! The servers at his memorial mass as well as the 8 pallbearers were all from his teams, there were many of these boys at the service and reception afterwards, giving up their Saturday morning (oh yes, high school boys woke up early on a Saturday for this). He used to make a bet with his teams if they all won the championship he would do something crazy (different every year), so one year he had to get a tattoo! He said he was 100% certain they would not all be able to do it, so he wasn't worried. Then they did! One year he had to shave his head.

So nice to know he made a mark on more than just the family.

On a completely different note, there is a website that lets us know the last time Tennessee was mentioned on the Daily Show (in ridicule obviously) because of our idiot legislators. I can't stand that I can't vote out the idiots, well mainly one idiot (Stacy Campfield for anyone in his district who would be kind enough to vote him out of office). so frustrating.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would be scared to see how often Texas gets mentioned. There are some wacky legislators here.

Comment

• Texas and Tennessee, what can you do?

257.2 same, after an up day. Today is a down day, first one in a week, I am looking forward to it!

Today is a work day, nothing exciting.

Tomorrow, after I take Boo shopping, I need to gather as much of my yard debris as possible, as they are collecting it on Wednesday. They only collect it 3 times a year, one of them is usually just before you have a chance to gather the fall leaves, so I still have the leaves, plus I need to cut back my grasses.

Sunday driving Boo and a friend back to school, Monday painting the church youth space. Monday will be my next down day so being at the church all day will help.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK guys, I have a nearly full bottle of NOW Super enzymes I cannot take because the HCL does not agree with my IBD. If anyone is interested I can mail them to you.

I now switched to Bromelain alone with dinner and it seems to be more agreeable to the intestines. After I do this for a week, I plan to add in the Potato Starch and see how that goes.

p.s. no surprise I am having a few minor issues with the IBD. Major stresses tend to bring on flares about 6 weeks later (Dad died first week of February, et voila 6 weeks ago). So I am taking my medication for it for the next 6 weeks.
              Last edited by demuralist; 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I have super enzymes that I am taking a break from now, especially with the new vitamin regiment but want to start them back up at some point lol
                Karin

Comment

• I'll take them
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• great PM me your address and I will get them out to you, probably Tuesday as it is easier for me to ship from work than stand in line at the post office.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• 256.2 down 1 after what ended up being an up day. So here is how that happened...when I get home from work I have been eating greek yogurt with berries. Yesterday I was researching some things about diet and IBD and decided I could go back to what I used to do and add some chia seeds, flax, aloe juice, etc. So I went ahead and added them to my yogurt. Well, I had no idea that flax and chia had so many calories. It sent me way over my down day allotment. So I just went ahead and ate it, actually adding in some walnuts, and then went ahead and had a good dinner, figuring I would be well nourished for a good up day and do a down day today.

This morning is shopping with Boo, this afternoon creating yard debris for them to pick up on Wednesday. And drinking lots of fluids.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• A loss is a loss hooray! Have fun shopping. Is it clothing or staples for college?
                        Karin

Comment

• warm weather clothes. though he is unlikely to need them till finals week the way this winter is going!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like a good day
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• well Boo HATES shopping so it will be an "ok" morning.

Are your boys sleeping in?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• They slept between 7 and 8 (which for the two older guys, really is sleeping in). We're headed out shortly -- as soon as the last guy finishes he shower.

I don't know this for sure, but pretty sure my guys don't really like shopping either.

At least you guys will have quality time together
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X